PDA

View Full Version : Echo SRM210 Weedeater

VisionMan
08-10-2007, 09:15 AM
I have an Echo SRM 210 Weedeater. I can put a spark plug in and it will run fine for a short period and cut off. I then remove the plug and a small piece of what looks like buildup has gotten in between the firing area on the plug. I remove the small piece of buildup and reinsert the plug and it runs fine again for a short period and this same thing happens again. Any suggestions on what may be causing this? Sometimes it works for 30 minutes and sometimes only a few.

John Stiles
08-10-2007, 10:52 AM
I have an Echo SRM 210 Weedeater. I can put a spark plug in and it will run fine for a short period and cut off. I then remove the plug and a small piece of what looks like buildup has gotten in between the firing area on the plug. I remove the small piece of buildup and reinsert the plug and it runs fine again for a short period and this same thing happens again. Any suggestions on what may be causing this? Sometimes it works for 30 minutes and sometimes only a few.

No telling what it might be...open the gap a smidge or get a GLOW PLUG like for a boat motor:usflag:

Mr Priceless
08-10-2007, 10:53 AM
Remove the spark arrestor and are you using the Echo brand 2 stroke oil?

It also was probably some bad gas

VisionMan
08-10-2007, 11:52 AM
I am not the most mechanically inclined. What is the spark arrestor?

Breezmister
08-10-2007, 06:12 PM
I have an Echo SRM 210 Weedeater. I can put a spark plug in and it will run fine for a short period and cut off.

VisionMan, couple things you can do. get your service manual out and see if you are USN the correct spark plug, I would suggest a NGK plug if you need to replace it. Make sure that you are mixing your oil/gas mix correctly
for your echo, 32/1 or 50/1 what ever that may be. Use a good mix oil, Echo has a good oil for Echo. Make sure there is a fuel filter on the fuel line in the tank and that your air filter is on correctly. Now if you want to dig alittle deeper, take the muffler off and look at the exhaust port, if it's not completely open, it needs to be cleaned out, if you don't feel like you can do this, take it to the dealer and have them do it. With out seeing the machine, I would be guessing that you have a carbon problem, either with a build up on the top of the piston that is flaking off, an incorrect spark plug or the mix is not correct, OR all of the above :waving:

jlawnman
05-07-2009, 03:58 PM
I've got 6 pieces of equipment with the same engine. Mine are used hard and put up wet. I know you dealer guys are gonna blast me, but with my experience, the best 2 cycle mix to use is available at Walmart.. It comes in the gallon jugs and is made for 2 cycle boat motors. Hey. If it's good enough for the big 2 cycle motors, it'll do just fine in the little 2 cycle ones. I've got a 210 trimmer that's 4 years old, commercial use. Other than plugs and filters, I've had no problems.

ed2hess
05-07-2009, 07:53 PM
Run some sea foam in it for awhile.

viper00085
05-07-2009, 08:04 PM
hey, if the walmart oil has been working for you great, stick with it.

But the saying if it works for big engines it should work on the little ones is way off. There are alot of different grades of 2 cycle oils, please go the the american petroleum institute (API) or JASO (japense oil std orginzation) to learn about the ratings and what they mean.

Outboard Boat 2 strokes are general low rpm (3000-7000) engines and sometimes oil injected or liquid cooled. (cooler running) All these usually require a little different oil for said application.

Our little 2 strokes are generally hi- rpm (7000-15,000) and air cooled (higher temps) requiring alot of protection from the oil and are generally the highest grade oils.

paulyfa
05-08-2009, 08:15 PM
Your using the wrong oil. The stuff at Walmart is for water cooled two strokes. Pay a little extra and get the right oil. When I bought my echo the dealer told me to never run that in the engine or it will gum it up. Thats what it sounds like to me.

topsites
05-10-2009, 12:16 AM
Yes, get specifically oil made for Echo, the bottles are made by Echo, it says Echo on the bottle.

Although I run 'Stihl' oil in my srm-260s :p
But it has to be that kind of high grade oil.

Knight511
05-11-2009, 09:47 AM
That is called "fouled" spark plugs... the build up is from improper combustion and is likely carbon build up. I would use a better oil in the mix, run a good quality cleaner for a while (Seafoam) and change the fuel filter and spark plug.

karlgrooms
05-11-2009, 02:43 PM
What about this problem.....I have a 210 also it will idle all day but when i give it the gas it dies. All i did this season was buy a re-power kit. It came with air and fuel filter and a spark plug.. It ran great for about two weeks and now it will not rev up. So i cleaned the carb and exaust screen and changed hoses to no avail. I gave up and got a new trimmer...but i hope to get it running again.

Knight511
05-11-2009, 06:08 PM
What about this problem.....I have a 210 also it will idle all day but when i give it the gas it dies. All i did this season was buy a re-power kit. It came with air and fuel filter and a spark plug.. It ran great for about two weeks and now it will not rev up. So i cleaned the carb and exaust screen and changed hoses to no avail. I gave up and got a new trimmer...but i hope to get it running again.

Look at my thread about my SRM230... sounds about the same... I am going to check the gap on my coil next...