PDA

View Full Version : Some pics..

mrusk
08-10-2007, 03:57 PM
Here are some pics of some of my jobs...

mrusk
08-10-2007, 04:05 PM
.....more pics

mrusk
08-10-2007, 04:09 PM
wall going up

mrusk
08-10-2007, 04:15 PM

mrusk
08-10-2007, 04:23 PM

mrusk
08-10-2007, 04:31 PM
Another job that is almost finished... Just have a few more plants to put in...boulder fountain, mulch, seeding, and then lights.

Job site is a mess, but i just wanted to get some pics up.

Hope you guys enjoy.

Guzman Properties
08-10-2007, 04:58 PM
Very nice work!!!

Is that gray stone wet or is that a top coating?

mrusk
08-10-2007, 05:02 PM
Very nice work!!!

Is that gray stone wet or is that a top coating?

The blue stone is just wet.

ChampionLS
08-10-2007, 05:27 PM
I hope your gonna take the tags off the plants!! :drinkup:

crab
08-10-2007, 05:43 PM
very nice,not my style but the work looks really good,i always take take tags off as i go .it seems if you don't you will forget them and god ,they just look so homeowner!:laugh:

Adam's Lawn and Garden
08-10-2007, 05:56 PM
Aren't those plants a little close?

also, which parts of that job did you partake in and which did sub's do?

adam

cgland
08-10-2007, 05:56 PM
Those pillar caps look off square and the faces are all over the place. That is my only criticism though. All of the other work looks good.

Chris

DVS Hardscaper
08-10-2007, 05:58 PM
GREAT work!

But......the time and effort you spent uploading, etc - would have been better spent on creating a NICE, Website. I could be mistaken, but I believe I never saw a website of yours!

The work you are showing us, MUST BE put out for your community to see. You are missing out on SALES :cool2:

It's nice to see your work :)

And take this as a COMPLIMENT - but your prospective clients REALLY need to see what you're capable of.

Right now, I'm guessing that 85% of our work comes from our website.

So Matt, when you're ready to build a website, I can help you with the search engine optimization, which is a very important ingredient of a web page.

mrusk
08-10-2007, 06:03 PM
Aren't those plants a little close?

also, which parts of that job did you partake in and which did sub's do?

adam

No subs were used for any parts of these jobs except a little excavation here and there.

mrusk
08-10-2007, 06:05 PM
Now stop busting on me and saying i am FOS!!!!!

crab
08-10-2007, 08:12 PM
A picture is worth a thousand .......nice to see every one getting on and being civil!and we are all fos depending on how you look at it.:dizzy:

Grn Mtn
08-10-2007, 08:19 PM
mrusk, niiice...

good sized projects, I got to say though, those pillars are just not my style.

looks like you overlay, cut in place, and then add the soldier course by the one wide angle shot.

really good stuff, thanks for sharing.

mrusk
08-10-2007, 09:13 PM
mrusk, niiice...

good sized projects, I got to say though, those pillars are just not my style.

looks like you overlay, cut in place, and then add the soldier course by the one wide angle shot.

really good stuff, thanks for sharing.

We over lay and then a string line on the walkway in the shape of the curve we want. Took my guy about 5 minutes to lay the curve out for that walkway.

Adam's Lawn and Garden
08-10-2007, 09:41 PM
What type of block is that in the wall on poast #3?

tthomass
08-10-2007, 10:50 PM
Lot of work there......who does the designing? What equip are you running now?

mrusk
08-10-2007, 11:00 PM
Lot of work there......who does the designing? What equip are you running now?

I have been collaborating with a LA on a couple of jobs lately. Still just have my 246b skid steer and dodge pickup truck. I ocassionally rent the mini x when i need something dug on short notice and can not get my sub out to do it.

Guys you have not seen nothing yet. I have some really crazy stuff in the works.

Adam's Lawn and Garden
08-11-2007, 12:04 AM
So what type of block is that?

mrusk
08-11-2007, 12:06 AM
techo quarry stone 4 and 8 inch.

very, very time consuming.

Adam's Lawn and Garden
08-11-2007, 12:09 AM
I have to say i am impressed with your work. It took you long enough to put up pics of your work though.

adam

Matts lawn care
08-11-2007, 12:27 AM
Wow looks great I like the border on the first job.

GreenMonster
08-11-2007, 09:34 AM
Nice to FINALLY see something from you, instead of just hearing from you all the time :D

CG makes a good point, but everything does look good. I like the small patio in front of the QS wall.

Your wall base looks quite wide. Is that to give you enough room to screed the base level?

I also agree with DVS... you need a website. And, DVS, please share any search engine recommendations.

mrusk
08-11-2007, 12:23 PM
Nice to FINALLY see something from you, instead of just hearing from you all the time :D

CG makes a good point, but everything does look good. I like the small patio in front of the QS wall.

Your wall base looks quite wide. Is that to give you enough room to screed the base level?

I also agree with DVS... you need a website. And, DVS, please share any search engine recommendations.

Wall base is wide!! I come back to the job site one day and i was like WTF? We are building a wall not a walkway!! We did screed the base for the wall. I just like to make sure i have enough base on each side of the block, especially when we are doing curves. It always hard to dig out exactly for your curve and often i'll find out i didn't put enough base in certain areas. So we often just go wider now.

The client with the small front seating area is from the UK and wanted a courtyard feel.

BTW pictures do not do that job justice.

Captains Landscape
08-11-2007, 02:17 PM
Wow, I really like the bluestone in that application. Nice to not have to look at pavers. I cant tell from the picts...is it dry laid with joint lock, or all wet work? If its wet could you share how you went about constructing the slab with out subbing out? Reinforcement, thickness, and what type of mortar used? Nice work....

YardPro
08-11-2007, 07:45 PM
really nice work...kudos

cgland
08-12-2007, 08:57 AM
Guys you have not seen nothing yet. I have some really crazy stuff in the works.

So Matt, What "crazy" stuff are you working on? You gave no feedback on my earlier comment. What's the deal?

Chris

mrusk
08-12-2007, 10:54 AM
So Matt, What "crazy" stuff are you working on? You gave no feedback on my earlier comment. What's the deal?

Chris

The caps are square, the faces are off a little bit on the one side. I will admit that.

mrusk
08-12-2007, 11:08 AM
We have a couple interesting jobs build around gunite pools in the works. All designed by us. At this point it is still up in the area wheather we are doing the pools are selves or are subing them out. But either way, the projects should be nothing less then spectacular. Lets face it, when a homeowner calls a pool company before a landscaper the project almost never comes out as good as it could. THe pool company just cares about throwing in the pool and getting out of there asap. They never take into consideration what the placement of the pool will affect the landscape design! They need to be planned together!!!!

lawnkid
08-12-2007, 08:45 PM
All the work looks good I think except maybe the pillar caps already pointed out. I thought you were all about natural stone though?? :confused:

Humble Earth Mover
08-13-2007, 09:17 AM
Wow, great projects Matt! Are these all word of mouth leads? You seem to be landing the kind of jobs we all salivate over. I like how you are taking chances with your designing...... that's the kind of stuff that will set you apart and keep you sought after. I like the shape of the driveway apron, although I would've done it in black cobblestone. The circle in the walk with the two steps thrown in is pretty striking as well. Again, kudos all the way around!

mrusk
08-13-2007, 03:13 PM
Wow, great projects Matt! Are these all word of mouth leads? You seem to be landing the kind of jobs we all salivate over. I like how you are taking chances with your designing...... that's the kind of stuff that will set you apart and keep you sought after. I like the shape of the driveway apron, although I would've done it in black cobblestone. The circle in the walk with the two steps thrown in is pretty striking as well. Again, kudos all the way around!

All these jobs came from advertising. I can not spill the beans on what type of advertising. To many local guys from my area here.

forestfireguy
08-13-2007, 03:46 PM
Matt, you big sissy>>>>>>>> :drinkup:

mrusk
08-13-2007, 03:56 PM
Matt, you big sissy>>>>>>>> :drinkup:

OKAY OKAY here is the deal. I got a big tattoo on my back of my logo and phone number. Then i walked around for 3 months with no shirt on!!!! Got me a ton of calls!!

forestfireguy
08-13-2007, 05:34 PM
How did they see the tat on that scrawny back of yours????

lawnkid
08-14-2007, 12:46 AM
You should have known somebody was gonna ask this. What about us guys not from your area??? :p

GroundScapesIncorporated
08-15-2007, 04:26 PM
your work looks good.
But I would still like to see the pictures of the $100,000.00 and larger jobs you always refer to.

mrusk
08-15-2007, 07:47 PM
your work looks good.
But I would still like to see the pictures of the $100,000.00 and larger jobs you always refer to.

The job with the quarry stone walls, pillars, etc is a 100k front landscape.

GroundScapesIncorporated
08-16-2007, 04:57 PM
The job with the quarry stone walls, pillars, etc is a 100k front landscape.

I must have missed something in the pictures.
Anyhow it really does look good.
Thanks for posting

mrusk
08-16-2007, 07:11 PM
I must have missed something in the pictures.
Anyhow it really does look good.
Thanks for posting

Uh its not done in the pictures... scope of work included the following: running out gutter down spouts, 2 walls, new front stoop, walkway, french drain, drive way apron, pillars, landscape lighting, irrigation, new lawn install, and a ton of plantings. Everything adds up.

BrandonV
08-16-2007, 07:16 PM
THe pool company just cares about throwing in the pool and getting out of there asap. They never take into consideration what the placement of the pool will affect the landscape design! They need to be planned together!!!!

so true, so true. we recently finished a project and the pool company that i guess is most just a guy and his subs forgot to mention where their drain lines were and that we needed to run them off...

Joe74
08-16-2007, 10:34 PM
I have been quiet on here for a while. I have a customer that wants a cut bluestone patio and sidewalk. I can get natural bluestone cheaper than Unilock Richcliff pavers. The job around the pool in this threads first pictures looks like what I want to do. It looks great. I also want to do the larger grout lines with XP Polymeric sand. Did you lay the bluestone over concrete or crush n run and sand. I was told I could use the bluestone just like a paver. I have done many paver installs, but bluestone is new to me.

cgland
08-16-2007, 11:45 PM
The product in the pics is not bluestone, It's EP Henry's Devon Stone.

Chris

Matt k
08-17-2007, 04:57 PM
I'm fairly new on here, but I recall last year a post with the same Devon Stone Job. Its been over a year and you only have pics of one other project and it isn't even done!!! Where are all these "high end" jobs! I see your name on other fourums as well and it is the same old thing. I think you may have scored a couple of decent jobs, but I think you are full of crap about the rest. Where are the pics of rest, if you are selling 100k plus jobs you need more pics then this. I hope you prove me wrong and post some more, but I doubt it! There are plenty of guys doing jobs in the 100k + range, but you don't see them on here bragging about. The difference is, if they were asked to produce some proof, they would. Also, they would not feel the need to tell everyone that they work on such projects.

mrusk
08-17-2007, 07:24 PM
I'm fairly new on here, but I recall last year a post with the same Devon Stone Job. Its been over a year and you only have pics of one other project and it isn't even done!!! Where are all these "high end" jobs! I see your name on other fourums as well and it is the same old thing. I think you may have scored a couple of decent jobs, but I think you are full of crap about the rest. Where are the pics of rest, if you are selling 100k plus jobs you need more pics then this. I hope you prove me wrong and post some more, but I doubt it! There are plenty of guys doing jobs in the 100k + range, but you don't see them on here bragging about. The difference is, if they were asked to produce some proof, they would. Also, they would not feel the need to tell everyone that they work on such projects.

Please please find some post where i bragged, i can not recal any. Where are pics of your jobs?

I have nothing to prove to anyone. But i have to admit i am very proud of myself for accomplishing what i have being only 21 years old. This business is my life. I am very passionate about what i do. I have no hobbies. I am just very into what i do. Sometimes something i say may come out as bragging but its not.

If you havn't done job these sizes then you would not have any idea how long it takes from the first meeting with a customer to finally sticking a shovel in the ground. It takes time to come up with conceptuals, plans, etc. Then alot of things have to be engineered. Then you need to get township approval. The whole process takes alot of time. Moreover, it takes a ton of time to complete these jobs. I can't post a pic of another big job every other week! I am a small company!!!

Honestly the job with the quarrystone walls is the biggest one i have done to date. We seeded today and i will post pics once the grass comes in. We are doing a very larger backyard at that house next year with a very nice gunite pool we are building. So yes, i do have other larger jobs on the job board but this is the largest job we built to date.

Hope this clears everything up.

Matt

Captains Landscape
08-18-2007, 09:16 PM
Rusk:
On the pool topic, I have a client we will be building an elaborate outdoor kitchen, pergola alle' on stone columns, and patio for this fall. This customer also wants a pool. It got me thinking about the whole pool install/disregard for landscape coordination thing. How do you plan on installing a pool yourself for the first time at a clients home? I don't see it as the type of thing you can experiment with cheaply. Did you take a class on this or will you sub out the gunite? How will you know about the operation of the filters, pumps, heaters, drains, ect?

PerfectEarth
08-18-2007, 09:34 PM
Damn, 21 years old?? I'm not familiar with your posts or anything- but your works looks excellent for your age.....from these pics.

neversatisfiedj
08-18-2007, 10:12 PM
I thought the same about the wall base. Wow that is WIDE !!! You are right though. When you build custom curves you need to have plenty of space to work with. I have done many jobs where I have to dig more and in the base layout course. Nice Nice work .

mrusk
08-18-2007, 10:18 PM
I thought the same about the wall base. Wow that is WIDE !!! You are right though. When you build custom curves you need to have plenty of space to work with. I have done many jobs where I have to dig more and in the base layout course. Nice Nice work .

In the end it works out to costing less to just start with a wide base to begin with. We did screed the QP. That more or less allowed us to just lay the base course one after another.

neversatisfiedj
08-19-2007, 05:08 PM
Any special set up for screed forms ? Or did you use metal concrete forms ?

mrusk
08-19-2007, 05:37 PM
First we get the base with in 3/4 inch. Then we just put down 1inch pipes, set them level with the laser then screed.

AztlanLC
08-20-2007, 01:27 AM
Please please find some post where i bragged, i can not recal any.
Matt

How about this Quote "Turns out i am very good at design work.

I go up against LA's with 20 years experience all the time and come up with a much better plan. There has no been a job this year where i did a design, where the compeititon has come up with a better plan.

fiveoboy01
08-20-2007, 02:51 AM
Only 21 years old and you're designing and installing this stuff?

Wow, kudos to you.

poolboy
08-20-2007, 05:45 PM
Rusk:
On the pool topic, I have a client we will be building an elaborate outdoor kitchen, pergola alle' on stone columns, and patio for this fall. This customer also wants a pool. It got me thinking about the whole pool install/disregard for landscape coordination thing. How do you plan on installing a pool yourself for the first time at a clients home? I don't see it as the type of thing you can experiment with cheaply. Did you take a class on this or will you sub out the gunite? How will you know about the operation of the filters, pumps, heaters, drains, ect?

Most pool companies sub-out all work. Excavation, gunite/plaster, electrician/lighting, plumber, landscaper, rock/tile/coping. Most pool companies are nothing more than general contractors.

mrusk
08-20-2007, 06:09 PM
Most pool companies sub-out all work. Excavation, gunite/plaster, electrician/lighting, plumber, landscaper, rock/tile/coping. Most pool companies are nothing more than general contractors.

And thats exactly how i am going to do it.

BrandonV
08-20-2007, 08:17 PM
just be sure you or your rep is there for a majority of the time. don't trust the subs to work together or keep each other informed of what goes where and what does what. You'll keep quality higher + customers happier = more work = profit

cgland
08-20-2007, 09:33 PM
Just remember, when installing a pool w/ all subs you will get a lot of finger pointing. Make sure you have a tight schedule and a soild contract detailing the entire process or your finished product will suffer from cut corners.

Chris

Mike33
08-20-2007, 09:51 PM
I think a pool is a major undertaking i would want to be on top of everything going on. What a mess and liability if something goes wrong.
Mike

mrusk
08-20-2007, 11:28 PM
I think a pool is a major undertaking i would want to be on top of everything going on. What a mess and liability if something goes wrong.
Mike

Yes it is a major under taking. With the right subs it should be a smooth ordeal. Luckily i did enough networking to have the right people introduce me to the quality subs.

poolboy
08-21-2007, 06:33 PM
Yes it is a major under taking. With the right subs it should be a smooth ordeal. Luckily i did enough networking to have the right people introduce me to the quality subs.

Are you designing the pool + equipment that will be used? If so, here's a couple of tips:

Use a cartridge filter from Pentair or Jandy. De & Sand filters will only cause problems for the homeowner in the future.

Stick with Pentair Whisperflo pumps.

Use a Polaris 280/380/480 pressure sided cleaner ONLY....unless this will have an in-ground cleaner. If there are lots of trees than the in ground cleaner is pointless.

Go with Salt, 10X better water quality. I use Goldline.

Use LCD lighting or fiber optics. If the plaster will be darker in color the fiber optics and color lcd lighting will not have that great of an effect.

Jandy heaters.

Jandy Controls, unless you use a salt system. Goldline's Aqualogic is a 2 in 1 system.

Make sure the pool has an over-fill drain. If there will be water features, then look into an auto fill valve.

If it's going to be a gunite pool there are several options with plaster; RiverRok, Pebbletec, Diamond Bright, etc.

PM me if you have any questions.

poolboy
08-21-2007, 06:37 PM
BTW, here's a pool with white plaster and fiber optics.

GreenAssociates
03-29-2009, 01:22 PM
You guys got to stop jumping on the kid, He works in my area and I am 24 with a 15 million dollar a year firm with 8 New Jersey Locations I was 17 when I did my first $150K pool and landscape now all I do is projects over 50,000

kootoomootoo
03-29-2009, 01:33 PM
You guys got to stop jumping on the kid, He works in my area and I am 24 with a 15 million dollar a year firm with 8 New Jersey Locations I was 17 when I did my first $150K pool and landscape now all I do is projects over 50,000

In another thread you said it was 35 million...but hey ...a few dollars here 20 million there...who will notice. :hammerhead:

AND A godaddy website tonight website. lol

GreenAssociates
03-29-2009, 01:42 PM
We pull 15 Million just in New Jerseys summer season Alone, Winter, snow removal around 10 Million, the other divisions out in Colorado they pull 10 million a year both in snow and landscape, Do the math and ask next time before you jump to conclusions The Colorado market is holding better than NJ due to all the High end ski towns. As for the website, you tell me why on earth I should spend 3,000 on a website, all are work is word of mouth referrals, the website dose not do much justice for the company sooner or latter I will drop some green on the site but I cant see it being worth it at this point, I am backlogged for 2 seasons.

kootoomootoo
03-29-2009, 01:46 PM
35 Million and a website tonight.

Might want to invest in spellchecker too.
Damn Landscape professionals.

Friggin Priceless.

fiveoboy01
03-29-2009, 02:34 PM
LOL, at least Matt's story is believable.

wurkn with amish
03-29-2009, 05:50 PM
Poolboy - love the pool shot!
Koo- that's awsome catching that.

GreenAssociates
03-29-2009, 05:52 PM
Thanks for catching that, we have fixed the issue

riverwalklandscaping
03-29-2009, 06:10 PM
In rusks defense those two jobs would be 100k or more around here. And jobs are a lot more in NJ so I don't see why people doubt he does 100k jobs. I would be proud if I was into the 6 figure jobs at 21 years old. 5 figures is the biggest I've done so far and I'm 23. Is kinda hard to get any bigger when I am full time 15-18 credits a semester in college though... I do have a customer who has talked a little about a job that could potentially be a 6 figure job but I think it's a year or two out and may never happen but who knows.

Nice work, something about that huge set of stairs on the first job with the table under them says hotel to me, not home, but it sure is a nice looking place. Just curious but do you own or rent your heavier equipment (mini-ex, skid, etc). I still feel I come out better renting, at least while I'm still a smaller company right now.

DVS Hardscaper
03-29-2009, 06:51 PM
Too funny Koo!!! If you ever come to MD or 'The eastern panhandle of West Virginia', look me up and I'll buy you dinner!

Hey Koo, can you share this cat's web site address?

riverwalklandscaping
03-29-2009, 07:03 PM
just look at the tabs on his screen shot. if you google the phone number... voila http://greenassociatesgroup.com/Contact_Us.html

I see the home page has been view 5 times.. wow lol

The work in your photos section is very nice !!

kootoomootoo
03-29-2009, 07:33 PM
Thanks for catching that, we have fixed the issue

The lost 20 million ...or the spelling errors.

Looks like the errors havent been fixed.

Dountman
03-29-2009, 09:38 PM
At least 5 of his photos are available on other websites.

Ben's Landscape
03-29-2009, 09:39 PM
Nice work!!

fiveoboy01
03-29-2009, 10:13 PM
At least 5 of his photos are available on other websites.

lol yet again.

mrusk
03-29-2009, 10:15 PM
Man this is my first picture thread ever. Ironicly its also the only one to not have a LOCK on it. Lets see if we can get this shut down in the next 24hrs!!!

DVS Hardscaper
03-29-2009, 10:25 PM
Nah, don't get it closed! Those are good pics.

This is the only hardscape forum where the moderators marriage isn't on the rocks and and one of them throwin' in the 'ol diamond blade for a Raid can or a Sheetz MTO apron!

LBFmd
03-29-2009, 10:45 PM
What I want to know is where in Montague this office is. By coincidence I was there just this morning and I would love to know where the heck in that little town you hide a landscape Satelitte office that big?

Please do tell.

kootoomootoo
03-29-2009, 10:47 PM
Nah, don't get it closed! Those are good pics.

This is the only hardscape forum where the moderators marriage isn't on the rocks and and one of them throwin' in the 'ol diamond blade for a Raid can or a Sheetz MTO apron!

ouch....a raid can

Don't close it ...its not everyday you get a guy who cant spell gross 35 million.

LBFmd
03-29-2009, 10:58 PM
Also your 24 and say you have 15 years exp in snow??/ So you been plowing commercial sites since you were 9 yrs old?? Also no biz regisstration for your business in NJ or Colorado??? Once again i smell bs. at least Rusk can show that he does work rather then making up stories about how he has 94 employees and 15 or 40 mil in sales. People like you are a joke to everyone on here who is out there busting there butts. Also how do you keep 15 crews going from that address in Vernon ? A) zoned stricly residential/farm B) 15 crews you would need some kind of bldg for storage or equip in that lot by the barn, there is nothing there. pretty interesting.

That and if your an archtect arn't you supposed to be licensed also??? boy false representation could cost you some of that 15-40 million

LBFmd
03-29-2009, 11:00 PM
i love it his website is all about perfection and this and that and he spells it wrong on his contact page, lol

DVS Hardscaper
03-29-2009, 11:00 PM
What I want to know is where in Montague this office is. By coincidence I was there just this morning and I would love to know where the heck in that little town you hide a landscape Satelitte office that big?

Please do tell.

LBF - how could you miss it, you didn't see that 20' Sea Container setting at the side of the corner service station?

AztlanLC
03-29-2009, 11:07 PM
I went to the web site then I see this picture then the sign in the back then the slogan "zero tolerance for imperfection" then the steps, and on top of that the godaddy logo at the bottom of their web site.
Well I think all NJ professional landscapers doing work over 100k must be using it nowadays
http://ruskllc.com/

LBFmd
03-29-2009, 11:07 PM
i love his pictures, the one of his spray crew, truck says S & S tree on the side of it, lol

LBFmd
03-29-2009, 11:11 PM
um guys look to the left of the picture, lmao. The company whos booth that is has there banner hanging there, lol. Baily Green land and Landscape? possibily

Michael J. Donovan
03-29-2009, 11:14 PM
well, bringing up a two year old thread is fine and if you can keep the thread decent then we can leave it

mrusk
03-29-2009, 11:15 PM
Man I am tired and want to go to bed but this **** is getting good!

LBFmd
03-29-2009, 11:15 PM
lol dvs there sin't even a traffic light in town.

mrusk
03-29-2009, 11:17 PM
lol dvs there sin't even a traffic light in town.

How come you came up my way and didnt tell me? And in montague there is 1 traffic light!

LBFmd
03-29-2009, 11:24 PM
sorry must have missed it. where is it? Cause I sure a S*** didnt see one