PDA

View Full Version : Need mower suggestions

echo8287
08-10-2007, 06:48 PM
I don't post here very often, as I am not in the landscaping business. Been a member for a few years now.I hope this is posted in the right forum. I am a residential and commercial plumber and electrician. Yall have helped me out several times repairing small engines and I thank everyone for that.

I have 3 lawns to mow, in all about 3 acres. There are no fences and the grass is Zoysia, Centipede and St Augustine. There are only a few hills and they aren't very steep. I am in the market for a new mower and need some heads up. I've read a lot of the threads on the different brands, but I would like your input into size and brand. I'm using an old worn out Snapper 30" cut rider and a push mower at this time. It takes about 3 to 4 hours to cut the lawns now,they are not right together. I want a commercial ZTR mower and one that I won't have to buy any more mowers in this lifetime>old guy. I'm 85 miles from Atlanta,Ga. Nearby I have the following dealerships John Deere-25miles away, Gravely/Snapper-15miles, Hustler-60miles,Exmark-50miles. I know the folks at the JD place,(plumbed that building) as I bought a backhoe and farm tractor from them. Also wired the Gravely dealership. These yards are not highly manicured but they require frequent mowing(every 2 weeks) as they are located on a lake where we all use pumps to water the grass. The main features I would care about are cut,manueverability ,easy to maintain,parts etc. I like the idea of the double blades, mulching capibility ,and I could get rid of the bag. I would like sufficent hp and possibly a Kawasaki engine if offered. On the width of cut I'd say 48 to 60 inchs would be nice. I usually like to buy heavy duty machines that will last rather than homeowner junk. I'd like to keep the price around 6500 or less. Any suggestions would be appreciated, and if I can help any of yall out on any plumbing or electrical questions just ask, Thanks, David

Envy Lawn Service
12-08-2007, 03:33 AM
I saw your post in the other thread...

Go to your local Lesco and buy yourself a Lesco ZTwo rider before they sell all their stock out. John Deere bought Lesco out... so the mowers will be phasing out... but your John Deere dealer will service it.

With Lesco you can get a whole lot of mower for your budget.

You should be able to get a kawasaki powered 60" for that... which I would recommend for that much grass. If you could swing the price of the 72" it would be even better.

Either will make very short work of the actual mowing part, which is more free time for you.

The other brands you brought up are also up to the task of what you are doing.
They just cost more... which would put you on a smaller, less productive machine for your budget.
And the machines are certainly no better than the Lesco for the money either... so...