PDA

View Full Version : what do you guys use for a 36" wb?

TurfGuysInc.
08-10-2007, 08:03 PM
I was wondering what everybody out there uses for a 36" walkbehind. I am considering at buying one and in needing for opinions. What gives you the most bang for the buck?
Thanks

Turfbarber
08-31-2007, 05:52 AM
I had a "36 scag hydro for awhile. I found it to be a bit of a pain. I used it mainly for pool areas at residences and one high end apartment complex I had. I had to bag everything around the pool areas, which meant I had to drag the bag unit with me and attach at after I got in the gate. I usually filled it at the apartment complex and one residence I had which meant detaching it, dumping, coming back and hooking it back up to finish. I found a Forest Gump Snapper at an estate sale that was in great shape and came with a bagger on it that was 2 bushels bigger than the Scag had. The deck was 32" so with the bag unit on it was about the same width as the Scag and could clear the gates. That's my story, but I guess it would depend on your uses. I think Exmark's new Phazer comes in a 32" deck size, I know it advertises that it can clear gates. Don't walk if you can ride, it's just too innefficient.