PDA

View Full Version : Slice seeding vs broadcast

Keegan
08-10-2007, 08:16 PM
When would you broadcast seed rather than slice seed?

Somelawns are thick that I don't think slice seed would do much of anything

Thanks!!

KathysLGC
08-10-2007, 08:49 PM
If they are thick, i think you got it backwards. Slit seeding is the way to go.... i have a blue bird S-22 and it's out standing....

Drew Gemma
08-10-2007, 08:51 PM
only slice seed when you kill all the existing vegataion and are going to use it as a seed bed. Round up lawn wait time frame 14 days maybe slice seed and fert and water. If you wanna improve an existing lawn that is worth saving get a soil test core aerrate and topdress with recommendations from soil test.

In the fall we topdress these new homes builder takes all the topsoil leaves client with clay and grass not good. so we core aerrate overseed with good seed recommended fert, and then organic aerobically composed turkey crap. lesco has it we use another kinda no difference. If the lawn is reall bad we put 2 apps of turkey crap. do this every fall for 4 years and you can really improve the lack of soil in these new homes. most are less than 15k feet of turf.

ProLawns
08-10-2007, 09:00 PM
only slice seed when you kill all the existing vegataion and are going to use it as a seed bed. Round up lawn wait time frame 14 days maybe slice seed and fert and water. If you wanna improve an existing lawn that is worth saving get a soil test core aerrate and topdress with recommendations from soil test.

In the fall we topdress these new homes builder takes all the topsoil leaves client with clay and grass not good. so we core aerrate overseed with good seed recommended fert, and then organic aerobically composed turkey crap. lesco has it we use another kinda no difference. If the lawn is reall bad we put 2 apps of turkey crap. do this every fall for 4 years and you can really improve the lack of soil in these new homes. most are less than 15k feet of turf.

Is the turkey crap what you topdress with? How heavy do you put it down.

bam
08-13-2007, 05:01 PM
why would you wait two weeks after applying roundup?

Drew Gemma
08-13-2007, 05:53 PM
follow directions on bag any all mineral organic will have what you need and the rate is on the bag

The 2 week window is the recommendation to wait to reseed after using round up even I have seen ppl replant asap your call.

LawnSolutionsCP
08-14-2007, 06:49 PM
Are you going to the Ohio Lawn Care Outdoor Seminar on Thursday?