PDA

View Full Version : Bought an old Lesco

librarian
08-11-2007, 12:50 AM
It's z52 front mount made in 1997. It has 476 hours on it and everything works fine. I cannot find any leaks in the pumps or motors. The seat is in really good condition. The only thing I had to do was repair a deck pivot pin that holds the back of the deck to the mower frame.

I'm not commercial. I'm just a homeowner with about an acre and a half to mow. This mower appears to have been well cared for. It has loads of zerks on it and all appear to have been fed grease on a regular basis. The 25 hp Kohler runs great and the alternator charges just as it should. I'm hoping it will last at least 3 years. Compared to other residential mowers, I think the 1100.00 I spent on it was not a bad deal. Time will tell. I wonder if any of you professionals have experience with this model. Advice on it will be appreciated.

Don Williams a.k.a. Librarian

bug-guy
08-12-2007, 09:09 AM
hpoe this helps you

librarian
08-12-2007, 12:26 PM
hpoe this helps you

Thanks for the attachment. When I bought the mower at auction, I didn't have either the manual or the parts book. I contacted Lesco and their support dept. emailed both of them to me. However, when I used the parts book, to order the part I needed, the part that arrived was not the right one for my mower. After contaction the support dept. again, and giving the technician the model and serial number, he discovered that my mower is a 1997 model and there had been changes made for that year, I was the last year that Lesco built front mount mowers like mine. The part I need has a different part number.

The manual you sent me is identical to the first and incorrect manual I got from Lesco. It is for z52 mowers earlier than mine. Nonetheless, thank you for your kind assisstance.

I was able to make part to correct my problem and I mowed with my z52 yesterday. It did a great job. I will be contacting Lesco on Monday to see if I can get the correct part. I would like to keep the mower all original if I can. However, if that part is not available, if won't affect the performance of the mower at all. My repair is just as strong or moreso.

bug-guy
08-14-2007, 03:33 AM
let me know if you get the the right manual and if you need help getting the part. i think the guy in lesco tec is brian kelly

librarian
08-14-2007, 10:56 PM
Yes it is Brian Kelley. He did send me the correct part book, but the part is not available. My fabricated part is working fine, so I won't be in a bad situation. Brian is a really nice guy and tried his best to be helpful. At least I have the operator manual and the correct part book for future reference.