PDA

View Full Version : Fire....

tjsquickcuts
08-11-2007, 12:12 PM
Man, its been so dry here the last few weeks, and with temps going over 100 degrees the last 3 or 4 days, everything is nice and crispy....One of my guys was edging, and I notice behind him smoke coming from the edges of the lawn....I rode over to take a closer look, and yep a small fire was forming from the sparks from the edger blade. I quickly poured my ICE COLD power aid on it to put it out before the breeze made it spread.....Be careful guys....I am not doing a thing today but sitting in my A/C and playing XB360.

This is from yesterday.....

grassgirl4
08-11-2007, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the heads-up!! I didn't even consider that, but I see how easily that could turn into a disaster. I currently work alone, so I will be paying closer attention when edging or doing anything that creates a spark!! Fortunately, we finally got some much-needed rain here but still...

HBLandscaping
08-11-2007, 12:20 PM
It was 105- 110 Tue, Wen and Thurs this week, finally got some rain thurs and now the temp is 85 and sunny today but expected to go into the low 90 again this week.

tjsquickcuts
08-11-2007, 12:22 PM
We will be 100 again today, heat index wont be as bad though, will only be 105 or so....Still no rain in site for at least the next 5 days....

Accu-cut Lawn Care
08-11-2007, 12:46 PM
It has been hotter than a bag of damnits here too. My Dodge truck's thermometer read 106 Thursday! I've had to insruct my fast food customers to stop flipping cig butts in grass and mulch beds. I didn't even think about edger blade sparks. Thanks

bohiaa
08-11-2007, 01:44 PM
had one simular...

SMOKING..... guy threw his cig down while running a 21" push mower.
the mower picked it up discharged it into the bag, then the bag started smoking....