PDA

View Full Version : odd bid request?

Frontier-Lawn
08-11-2007, 02:24 PM
today i get a bid request for a commercial property the have certain requirements that i never had anyone require before.
1) Be a member of the local Chamber of Commerce for 3+ yrs in good standing.
2) Have membership in at least Org like PLANET
3) 5 references that we can call
4) Copy's all Company and personal credit reports for the owner(s), including any subs that work will be farmed to.
5) (my favorite) Background/ Quarterly Drug screening checks on all people that will be on the property working, including any subs that work will be farmed to.
6) Must be at the property within a 4hr notice for any probs we may have.

Note for #5 this is for a apartment complex that has a know drug prob with, selling growing and doing them.

bohiaa
08-11-2007, 02:42 PM
nothing wrong with some requirememnts,

I do belive in bonded and insurance certifcuts, <---------spelling

But with some of the other request, It would lead me to belive that they would nit pick ya to death,

thanks for the post, I have never herd of the drug testing either

Horsepower Lawns
08-11-2007, 02:43 PM
To me it look like they want someone what has been doing the work for some time and will still be doing it at the end of the "season". (Your in FL so I don't know if you have a season).

The drug thing may be a Fed. thing if they are Sec. 8.

Not sure why they would want the stuff in #4.

Frontier-Lawn
08-11-2007, 02:54 PM
To me it look like they want someone what has been doing the work for some time and will still be doing it at the end of the "season". (Your in FL so I don't know if you have a season).

The drug thing may be a Fed. thing if they are Sec. 8.

Not sure why they would want the stuff in #4.

were i live the city of north port wants that to to do bizz in the city, im not giving anyone my credit report just to do bizz with or within there city period!

Horsepower Lawns
08-11-2007, 03:10 PM
were i live the city of north port wants that to to do bizz in the city, im not giving anyone my credit report just to do bizz with or within there city period!

Why do they want that just to do business in the city?:confused:

Stillwater
08-11-2007, 03:20 PM
today i get a bid request for a commercial property the have certain requirements that i never had anyone require before.
1) Be a member of the local Chamber of Commerce for 3+ yrs in good standing.
2) Have membership in at least Org like PLANET
3) 5 references that we can call
4) Copy's all Company and personal credit reports for the owner(s), including any subs that work will be farmed to.
5) (my favorite) Background/ Quarterly Drug screening checks on all people that will be on the property working, including any subs that work will be farmed to.
6) Must be at the property within a 4hr notice for any probs we may have.

Note for #5 this is for a apartment complex that has a know drug prob with, selling growing and doing them.

I would just say, no thank you!

Stillwater
08-11-2007, 03:24 PM
they will never get anyone to comply with #4 and if someone does in fact foward this private information to them they are well ah just ******ed.

Frontier-Lawn
08-11-2007, 03:29 PM
Why do they want that just to do business in the city?:confused:
they say they are better then the county hence the $100per yr for the ol when the county is only $15 per year.

rodfather
08-11-2007, 05:06 PM
Unless they were a $500+ per cut/week mow, I wouldn't even bother.

Frontier-Lawn
08-11-2007, 05:36 PM
Property Land Area: 1,006,972sf
Total Building Area: 224,909sf (All Structures)
Total Living Area: 191,373sf (Enclosed Only)
Living Units: 247
Bed / Bath: 0 Bed / 354 Bath / 11 Half Bath
Pool: Yes (Built 1988)
Year Built: Various (19 card parcel)

Grits
08-11-2007, 05:39 PM
I can understand some of the requirements. But, most of the req. are plain silly. I wouldn't deal with it.