PDA

View Full Version : The Worst junk on lawns

Galashiels
08-11-2007, 06:11 PM
What is some of the worst stuff you have found on lawns? :confused:

I have found everything from electric fence standards (high tensile steel), dog chains, fencing wire, rope, garden tools, spanners, hammers, axes, sledge hammers, steel reinforcing steel, car tow balls, the list goes on. Four broken decks and numerous blades later...........
But the worst thing I found was a live 12g shot gun cartridge that gave me the creeps, luckily I saw it before I hit it heaven knows what would have happened if I did hit it. I freaked me out! The owner got a good rev up.

KCLandscape
08-11-2007, 06:43 PM
Chicks in bikinis by the pool...

KrayzKajun
08-11-2007, 06:44 PM
Chicks in bikinis by the pool...

I love those finds!!

Hmmm I found a fire hydrant once!

lawnscapesLLC
08-11-2007, 06:47 PM
Today i actually found a half empty bottle of tequilla, and a case with a broken glass bowl and a small bag of soaking wet weed in it all on the same lawn, lol

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
08-11-2007, 07:23 PM
Dog crap it's horrible,the worst it makes me wanna puke and wonder what heck am i doing in this biz.

Vikings
08-11-2007, 08:19 PM
Lately the VERY WORST Thing I'm getting on a few of my lawns is Apples. they are falling from the trees and I'm squishing the crap out of them. By the 2nd 3rd week it's pure rot. yech.

deere615
08-11-2007, 08:50 PM
Definetly dog crap and dog chains these get tangled in my trimmer all the time. Them dogs lol

Mgardner
08-11-2007, 08:51 PM
Dirty wet diapers, but dog crap from a giant dog is the worst. I like dogs but when a pancake rolls around on my tire I want to beat the owner ,or better yet insert the owners face into the pile on a 93 * day. Break areas where the shop rat throws his garbage on the company lawn.

IHusky
08-11-2007, 09:08 PM
Agreed, dog crap!!!!!!! And I own a bunch of dogs!!!!:laugh:

THEGOLDPRO
08-11-2007, 09:20 PM
duffle bag full of dead kittins

IHusky
08-11-2007, 09:25 PM
I pick up after these, Shaq, the German Shepard can lay some big crap!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa40/crclawn/shap.jpg

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa40/crclawn/puppies.jpg

David Hartzog
08-11-2007, 09:34 PM
i hit an electric cable hiden in bahai grass it going to cost 300.00 to replace .

Vikings
08-11-2007, 11:46 PM
Oh Jeez, I better go to sleep. This photo reminded me of abu grade for some reason :(

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa40/crclawn/puppies.jpg

procut
08-12-2007, 12:15 AM
I've found/hit so much stuff over the years I don't even know where to start.

Hit a full can of beer once, nasty warm beer splattered all over the side of my face and the side of the mower. Have found numerous other other alcohol containers as well.

Dead animals, that can literlly get discusting. Also have encountoured many mice and snakes as well.

Mass amounts of dog crap over the years. Incredable amounts of litter, some of the interesting has included condoms / condom wrappers and lottery tickets and the time I shreaded an entire Sunday newspaper - that was a mess.

One of the most memorable was the time I hit a piece of 1/4" rebar. I wrapped it around the center spindle twice before I got the deck shut off. Had to use channel locks and a pry bar to get it off. Even more amazing is that the mower I was using suffered no damage, and is still in use today, cuts great too. I guess that proved Toro decks/spindels can take a beating.

RedWingsDet
08-12-2007, 12:26 AM
Cell Phones, Panties, Car Hubs, Brakes, oh and Homeless People.

milsaps118
08-12-2007, 12:31 AM
On one of my commercial accounts I was string trimming along a curb line and at the very last second I caught a glimpse of a hypodermic needle hidden in the grass, it was to late for me to stop the trimmer line grabbed it and sent it right into my right boot. Luckily it did not penetrate all the way through, but it did get stuck right into the leather. About a 100' further I found a womens make-up case, when I opened it up there was some Q-tips, lighter, tin foil, and a spoon! Scared the living SH!T out of me!

Oh yeah...Dog crap too.

MuleCutter
08-12-2007, 10:30 AM
one of my customers yard has a smell that puts dogcrap to shame. the man of the house is a bigtime sportsman and hunts and fishes all the time.... but after a fishing trip (i'm guessing) he brought his icechest(s) back home and have NEVER washed them since. i dont know what's still in them but the smell is putrid and almost makes you gag. i remember about a month after he came back there were maggots in the cupholders on top of the lid. i'll DEFINITELY fling puppycakes all over rather than smell this. THANK GOD this is a bi-weekly account!!!!

rodfather
08-12-2007, 10:54 AM
dead animals

fitzg2md
08-12-2007, 11:03 AM
one customer cooked a potroast on his smoker...burned it...so threw it out....in his backyard!! He said he thought the birds would eat it. It was a 15 pound roast...better be some big ass birds. I saw it...mowed around it, and told him to clean it up. After 3 weeks, it was still there and rotting away...horrible smell! Some people are just de de de.

fergman
08-12-2007, 11:12 AM
somebody took a dump where i weedeat and covered it with a rag. then on another place somebody took a dump where i weedeat along some rocks. horses poow under a mile long fence everywhere and when you mow over it theres loads of brown looking poow dust blowing up my nose. and of course dog crap and dirty baby diapers:realmad:

Pastaboy62
08-12-2007, 11:19 AM
I mowed over a dead squirrel once, shot it out the discharge chute and almost hit my helper with it. :laugh: I didn't even see it. I've mowed around numerous amounts of paraphernalia, alcohol bottles, and dog poop as well.

DLAWNS
08-12-2007, 11:47 AM
Pastaboy, where are you at on the jersey shore?

Pastaboy62
08-12-2007, 12:44 PM
Pastaboy, where are you at on the jersey shore?

Spring Lake, just south of Belmar and North of Point Pleasant

Americal Vet
08-12-2007, 01:48 PM
Parachute flares, and practice grenade bodies. (I have a contract on a military installation).

jwl5510
08-12-2007, 01:55 PM
Beer bottles, dead cat, naked home owner drunk

KTO Enterprises
08-12-2007, 03:29 PM
I used to mow an apartment complex and I got 50 dollars per patio that I had to clean the trash off because of all the trashy fools. Actually made for some good cash, until one I picked up a trash bag and it broke. It was full of used kitty litter, and it went all over me and my pants and down in my shoes. I remember seeing red and then kicking in the back door and shoveling the nasty litter into the back of the apartment. I then called the property manager and told them what I did and he laughed (its probably good that I am friends with him) Not log after that both me and the association manager quit due to problems wiht the trash balls.

GreenT
08-12-2007, 03:36 PM
Dog crap it's horrible,the worst it makes me wanna puke and wonder what heck am i doing in this biz.

Try horse crap.

:waving:

LawnGuy73
08-12-2007, 04:06 PM
A house, right in the middle of the property. Can you believe that?

woodbutcher44
08-12-2007, 05:55 PM
used female panty linner. In the court yard of a nice home.

cutbetterthanyou
08-12-2007, 06:10 PM
Beer bottles, dead cat, naked home owner drunk

:drinkup: hey you don't mow my lawn

South Florida Lawns
08-12-2007, 06:46 PM
Alligator, turtle, snakes, rats, fire ant hill, panties, bricks, a beach towel, and a womens pleasure toy ewwww.

Juan_Deere
08-12-2007, 07:16 PM
To the OP. That shotgun shell would have done nothing had you hit it. Even if you were so unlucky as to hit the primer just right, without a barrel to contain the pressure, the resultant "firing" of the shell would of pretty much just poofed out. Gun powder, especially in those small amounts, is not an explosive. It is a propellant. Totally different properties and volatilities.

I think it funny this thread just popped up. Yesterday, I scared a cat out from underneath a shed. Today, I scared a little snake out from some thick grass. And I also found a toad that was dug into the dirt. I didn't know they did that. I have seen those that bury themselves in mud and hibernate in the desert. But I didn't know the toads we had around here did that in the dirt. Maybe it was mud when it got down there, but I doubt it. It hasn't rained much lately.

swingset
08-12-2007, 11:56 PM
Oops, poster above me answered the live round question...pays to read the whole thread!

It's true tho, I've hit dozens of live rounds mowing a firing range, they don't hurt ya.

THEGOLDPRO
08-13-2007, 07:01 PM
well today i got a call from one of my commercial places about a dead animal in a bag, so i went to check it out, and it was a dead deer in one of those heavy duty black contractor bags, seems the it was hit on the highway and the state tagged it and bagged it, and for some reason dumped it off in the lot, best i could figure it was hit this weekend and they didnt know where to toss it cause it was the weekend, so they dropped it there.

so i took the tag and im calling them tomorrow to raise ****, its got the guys signature on it as well.

mythntr
08-13-2007, 11:19 PM
yeah one of my customers was a big time hunter also. My crew mowed around a nice mule deer head with a big 4by4 rack, plus 2 nice antelope bucks---heads only. Guy must haave wanted to have them mounted and ran out of money. they were there for 6 weeks before he got rid of them

txgrassguy
08-14-2007, 09:49 AM
Dirty wet diapers, dog crap but the best was a trunk lid ffrom an old Ford.
I thought at first it was just the trunk lid but it was actually the whole car.
And the dipsh!t customer wanted me to dig it out and haul it off for $50.00.
I used to chuckle at the crap I'd find - now the customer is responsible for policing the area when my crews arrive. Anything we pick up is at an extra charge.
I did damage a blade, spindle and deck belt on a rubber boot that a customers' kid filled with concrete and threw in the yard. It was green, the grass was tall and the customer told me he had picked up the yard. He still had to pay as my contracts/estimates all have clauses in them about situations just like this. I found out later about the kid doing this to the dad's boot, he thought it was funny but after 'ol pop's wore his butt out the kid came to me and apologized. The dad still had to pay $215.00 for the repairs though.

KCLandscape
08-14-2007, 10:52 AM
Actually, I found a bog earlier this year, what a mess

Brad Ent
08-14-2007, 11:36 AM
We have a customer that is an artist, there's always tarps, spray paint cans, metal lawn art. Last week I ran over a turkey baster in the back fourty.

rustic
08-14-2007, 08:26 PM
The grossest thing I ever almost mowed over was a full sized heart, bloody, in a big zip lock bag laying just out the door of this guy's open garage, ... The heart looked about human-sized, but It must have been a sheep I geuss. Why this guy has such things I haven't a clue. Really grossed me out.

Galashiels
08-14-2007, 09:43 PM
To the OP. That shotgun shell would have done nothing had you hit it. Even if you were so unlucky as to hit the primer just right, without a barrel to contain the pressure, the resultant "firing" of the shell would of pretty much just poofed out. Gun powder, especially in those small amounts, is not an explosive. It is a propellant. Totally different properties and volatilities.

Thanks for that but at the time it gave me the creeps.

Even had cow after birth on a lawn rather foul.

tinman
08-14-2007, 10:32 PM
broke down home owners lawn mowers!

jimmyzlc
08-14-2007, 10:42 PM
Water breaks that the owner has not fixed for weeks and the water has sat there in this heat and baked and it smells like dirty rotten diapers. Whew!

screensnot
08-16-2007, 12:44 AM
Water breaks that the owner has not fixed for weeks and the water has sat there in this heat and baked and it smells like dirty rotten diapers. Whew!

That's not a water line break. That's an overflowing septic field you are mowing. Sounds like fun.

Scagguy
08-16-2007, 12:48 AM
Worst thing I've found was today. Some 400lb+ fat lady with a 1 piece bathing suit, in a chaise lounge in the back yard. My eyes are still hurting.

echeandia
08-16-2007, 09:37 AM
I found a used condom. Mowed around that bad boy.

LawnBrother
08-16-2007, 10:00 AM
Well, the worst thing I have ever seen while mowing a lawn 2 VERY fat and greasy/dirty old ladies, rooting like hogs through a large disgusting trash heap, looking for who knows what. It was like a car accident, I wanted to look away but I couldn't. Right then the fattest one's pants just fell down around her ankles, but she acted like she didn't notice, and just kept on rooting. It was kind of sad really. Unfortunately, you can't just un-see something, it's burned in my brain forever.