PDA

View Full Version : Question on Spraying

SealRight
08-12-2007, 12:05 AM
First of all let me say Hello! I've just found this site and like reading everyones opinion, questions and answers. I have been doing sealing for about 12 years now. I did it in my uncle business growing up and then made my own gravity fed tank when after getting out of the Army. Started with a squegee, 250 gal tank and mostly small residential driveways. Out grew that and business was great so I ran across a stolen/wrecked/stripped/recovered Seal Master TR550 unit for a steal. Refurbed that with new everything and away I went. Which leads me to my question................
I usually try to squegee because I like the look of it better but I realize to be a competitive business I have to do bigger, better, faster work. So when I have to ( Large area) I will spray but it seems I have too much sealer going on and it will puddle and at times leave what looks like rain drop marks in it. I've tried spraying a little faster or slowing the flow of the sealer down and I dont get the coverage I feel that I should. Any suggestions?

Mark

W.F.D. Plower
08-12-2007, 11:48 PM
Maybe try changing the tip in your wand? Or further distance from the ground when you spray. That might help.

SealRight
08-16-2007, 10:03 PM
What size tip would be "the Norm"? What would be an optimal pressure to spray with?

ves800ultra
09-11-2007, 12:44 AM
I use an 80/40 tip. It gives a nice pattern at 80psi.