PDA

View Full Version : Help with purchase...

stevenf
08-12-2007, 03:22 AM
Ok, The mower I have is crap, Took me a few yards with tons of messups to realize That its not gonna get me any further with people If they start detailing my work...
I dont plan on upgradeing my 5x10 trailer so It has to be able to fit on that. Im guessing a 48inch deck would fit nice.
Ok, I noticed on dixie choppers site that the smallest was a 60 inch deck... well, I saw a dixie chopper barely fit on someones 5x10 the other day so Im guessing they make small then 60"???

Ok, So I looked at my options which were size, and local dealers.
I have a choice of a dixie chopper if they make a 48-50" deck. A toro Z400, or a scag tiger cub.
Im leaning toward the scag because of the 24hp engine compared to the toro 19hp engine.
What would you guys go with out of these three companys??, If not listed, What other models? what prices am I looking at on the ones you chose?

mkroher
08-12-2007, 08:00 AM
Go with a 52" hydro walkbehind.

I wouldn't buy a rider unless it comes with a bagging system.

stevenf
08-12-2007, 01:17 PM
I pan on getting into this full time and would prefer not to have to stand all day.
Summery: with a $3,000.00-$5,000.00 price range(includes used from the dealer) Would you pick a scag, a Toro, or a dixie chopper? what has the best rep?

DillonsLawnCare
08-12-2007, 02:51 PM
both mowers have very well reputations but, i would go with the mower that has the best dealer support. you cant go wrong with either a scag or a toro. and dixie chopper, i dont know much about them but ive heard they dont hold or push hills very well. demo demo demo. then find the best dealer, then purchase.

DillonsLawnCare
08-12-2007, 02:54 PM
oh, and dixie choppers make ztr's less than 60" deck.

got to> www.dixiechopper.com and then go to models and pick one and scroll down to the specs and it gives you all the info for each model(even the deck size)

stevenf
08-12-2007, 04:16 PM
I found it, Now, If you needed a new mower and your price range was a scag tigercub/freedom z 48" deck and 24hp engine or a dixie chopper silver eagle 44" deck with 18 or 25hp engine. what would you get??? Is 18hp enough of should I get around 23-26hp?

DillonsLawnCare
08-12-2007, 06:09 PM
i would definatley go with the tiger cub if i had enough money. what ive learned in the past, if your gunna get something big, then get the best. you get what you pay for. ive heard more from scag than i have from dixie chopper. go with scag. get the best you can for the price. more horsepower is more torque which is better.

stevenf
08-12-2007, 10:35 PM
More hp is more torque which is better......
Well, dixie chopper has a 25hp engine and the scag is a 24hp.......