PDA

View Full Version : Exmark and bad cuts?

noz77
08-12-2007, 03:42 PM
I was running walk behinds for three years and had no problems with the cut. Last year mid season I bought a 48inch Lazer Z with a Kaw 19hp. I have had problems with the cut from the start. It leaves blades of grass uncut. I have tried different types of blades and speeds. The slower I go the cut gets better but I bought the rider so I could save time on my bigger lawns.
Does anybody know what I can do?

swingset
08-12-2007, 04:29 PM
Have you checked the deck to assure that's it's been properly leveled and has a forward rake? It should be about 1/8" - 1/4" lower in the front than in the back. My Ferris 1500Z was setup badly by the dealer, and the first few cuts made me think it was a lousy cut but after I adjusted the deck it's 100% better.

Also, make sure your belts aren't slipping...that can cause erratic cuts.

lawncuttinfoo
08-13-2007, 12:16 AM
How do you check that your belts are not slipping and what do you do to fix this (other than get a new belt)?

swingset
08-13-2007, 12:22 AM
How do you check that your belts are not slipping and what do you do to fix this (other than get a new belt)?

I use a timing light on the spindles, make marks on them so I can check that they're spinning at the same rate. If one's slower, you're slipping. If that's happening, either the belt is worn out, the tensioner is bad, or something is binding.

I found a cheap timing light on Craigslist for $25, works great and it's handy for other things besides mower spindles!

Frosty_03
08-13-2007, 12:24 AM
I Would take it back to the dealer, they can fix your problem. If they can't i would asked the Emark Rep on line they can lead you in the right direction. If it a new mower it does have a warenty. :weightlifter: :cool2: I have a 2003 44" and it still cut like it was new. You have a great mower so you should let the pros fix it for you. Your dealer can get it right.:cool2: