PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki fc420v Will Not Start

Strick
08-12-2007, 03:04 PM
I have a Kawasaki fc420v. I removed the head to have a helicoil put in as the sparkplug threads were messed up. I replaced the head and installed new plug. (I had a problem before I removed the head. The engine shut off after running 15 minutes on one property. I was able to restart and finish mowing. A few days later I tried to use the mower again and it started, ran about 90 seconds and has not started since.) It is getting fire and fuel, but will not start. The engine is on an older Exmark 36" walk behind. Suggestions?

Strick
08-12-2007, 05:31 PM
Update - I removed the OHV cover and the push rods did not seem to be aligned to push ohvs. Possibly did not lign up properly when I reinstalled the first time. Put head, cover, etc. back on. Shot a little starting fluid in plug hole, pulled recoil, and it started. I ran a minute, shut it off. I then restarted and ran a few more minutes. I then shut it off assuming all was well. After I put away my tolls, I tried to start again with no success! So I pulled the plug and now there is no fire.???

John Stiles
08-12-2007, 06:57 PM
please delete