PDA

View Full Version : Bad Boy mowers?

SlowMow
08-12-2007, 04:52 PM
Anybody heard of or own any of these types of mowers? There is a local dealer here in Springfield that is wanting my business I'll just say pretty badly based on the offers I was given. I just wasn't sure their reputation. Any input is appreciated....Thanks.....

WREBELMACHINE
08-13-2007, 07:36 PM
Be carefull with that dealer! The mower seems to be getting better like all of the brands seem to be!

puppypaws
08-13-2007, 08:25 PM
Anybody heard of or own any of these types of mowers? There is a local dealer here in Springfield that is wanting my business I'll just say pretty badly based on the offers I was given. I just wasn't sure their reputation. Any input is appreciated....Thanks.....

What do you want to know, I ran their Lightening model with the 32 Vanguard for about a month. I did a full review on this site about that model.

Which mower is the dealer pricing and what is he telling you?

bohiaa
08-13-2007, 09:27 PM
It hasn't stood the test of time

WREBELMACHINE
08-13-2007, 10:21 PM
Yeah what is the dealer telling you today?

BubbaD
08-14-2007, 07:09 AM
My neighbor recently purchased a ZT w/50" deck and 23hp Vanguard for $5,000 OTD. My other neighbor and myself are looking into purchasing the same machine also.

puppypaws
08-14-2007, 12:11 PM
My neighbor recently purchased a ZT w/50" deck and 23hp Vanguard for $5,000 OTD. My other neighbor and myself are looking into purchasing the same machine also.

This is list price on the 23 Vanguard, Tractor Supply sells the ZT w/60" deck and the 26 ELS Briggs for $4999.00

Bad Boy dealers want come off list and I ask the Bad Boy company why not and they told me they were so much cheaper than everyone else they did not have to.

23 hp Vanguard

STARTING AT $4,495.00*

*Set up and destination charges $150.00 per unit minimum.

B&M
08-14-2007, 01:16 PM
I have been to the bad boy plant in Batesville ark. Best mower out there.

Rhinox29
08-14-2007, 11:14 PM
I run them and love them. I have a great dealer and they are built like a tank. I have run other brands in the past, but for my conditions they are the only mower for me. They do take some getting use too. I suggest you demo one first cause not everyone like's the same things.

Americal Vet
08-15-2007, 01:30 AM

I've heard of them and saw some in use at Lake of the Ozarks but I have no first hand knowledge. Is that dealer over on Sunshine?

WREBELMACHINE
08-15-2007, 02:15 PM
It should be the group on battlefield.

retrodog
01-16-2008, 11:39 AM
Awesome machines for the money! I switched completely!

tb8100
01-16-2008, 01:03 PM
It hasn't stood the test of time

9 years isn't enough time to tell if the mower is solid? :hammerhead:

Mike Blevins
01-16-2008, 01:42 PM
Since everytime I post my opinion on the Badboy subject it gets erased I will just say go and get one they are the Best Mower that you could ever purchase!!!!!!!!!!!!:dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy::hammerhead::hammerhead::hammerhead::h ammerhead::hammerhead:

Happy Frog
01-16-2008, 03:39 PM
Since everytime I post my opinion on the Badboy subject it gets erased I will just say go and get one they are the Best Mower that you could ever purchase

What do you mean by having your opinion erased?

It is true that Bad Boys are good mowers, but so are Scag, Hustler, Toro, Exmark and many others...

Talking about pros and cons is what help readers take a decision for themselves. :drinkup:

Green King
01-16-2008, 03:41 PM
I have my opinion of Bad Boy as well! But I will not buy one because of the dealer in Springfield! And he is the only dealer around anymore!

Happy Frog
01-16-2008, 03:47 PM
I have my opinion of Bad Boy as well! But I will not buy one because of the dealer in Springfield! And he is the only dealer around anymore!

I believe you can get one from the factory if you do not want to go through your dealer (tell them you don't like him, they may try to get a new one)

Mike Blevins
01-16-2008, 04:10 PM
What do you mean by having your opinion erased?

It is true that Bad Boys are good mowers, but so are Scag, Hustler, Toro, Exmark and many others...

Talking about pros and cons is what help readers take a decision for themselves. :drinkup:

I posted that I didn't like the badboy mowers and was called names by a certain dealer on here and responded to it and it was erased. I also responded to this thread earlier today by putting scag in my sentences and it was erased also. It seems that you can't post negatives about badboy on here. I have demoed a badboy along with some other mowers. All I have posted is my opinion of the mower and compared it to Scag. I thought we were having a good debate but I guess I ruffled some feathers and for that I am sorry. I will try to better on my posts about Badboy. :waving:

puppypaws
01-16-2008, 04:30 PM
I posted that I didn't like the badboy mowers and was called names by a certain dealer on here and responded to it and it was erased. I also responded to this thread earlier today by putting scag in my sentences and it was erased also. It seems that you can't post negatives about badboy on here. I have demoed a badboy along with some other mowers. All I have posted is my opinion of the mower and compared it to Scag. I thought we were having a good debate but I guess I ruffled some feathers and for that I am sorry. I will try to better on my posts about Badboy. :waving:

Something does not sound kosher, your opinion needs to be voiced and you have that right as long as the forum rules are not broken.

Happy Frog
01-16-2008, 04:33 PM
Yeah, I remember reading these posts now...
It's all about how you express your opinion, I guess. ;)

Mike Blevins
01-16-2008, 04:58 PM
Yeah, I remember reading these posts now...
It's all about how you express your opinion, I guess. ;)

I agree its about expressing your opinions. I like to debate on some things it brings out alot of useful information. It can also lead to bad posts also. LOL :waving:

Mike Blevins
01-16-2008, 05:01 PM
Something does not sound kosher, your opinion needs to be voiced and you have that right as long as the forum rules are not broken.

Maybe I broke a rule? I have since started to re read all of my posts just in case I have put something I didn't need to.

man2975
01-16-2008, 05:06 PM
I have run several Bad Boy mowers and have found them to be excellent equipment. Also very easy to service which makes a lot of sense to me.

Green King
01-16-2008, 08:38 PM
I was actually trying to be nice by saying I would not buy one because of the dealer! Which I would not because of this guy! However there are to many around hear that have had bad luck with bad boy I now it's mostly dealer!

Happy Frog
01-17-2008, 03:09 AM
Has to be... The mowers themselves are great products and the factory support is there when you need it.

rundm
01-18-2008, 12:42 AM
I run this "2007 Bad Boy Lightning 52 inch with 26hp Liquid-cooled Kawasaki". It has been very good to me. I can not compare it to any others though because I have not used anything else before this one. I can tell you that I did a pretty exhaustive search for a ztr before I pulled the string on this one and I do not think you could get something better built, especially for the amount of money that you will spend to get one. I don't have all the upgrades that they are coming with today like the suspension wheels and stuff like that but I do have the air seat and it is very comfortable to me. My machine will cut through most anything without much trouble, it is a beast and I couldn't be happier at this time. There are some out there that talk bad about them because they havn't been out that long, but come on 9-10 yrs is plenty to figure out if they are a well built product or not. If you look at some of the long term sales and stuff from the manufacturer, their sales are going up and others are going down. Must be doing something right. Just my .02cents, RG

tb8100
01-18-2008, 01:12 AM
I run this "2007 Bad Boy Lightning 52 inch with 26hp Liquid-cooled Kawasaki". It has been very good to me. I can not compare it to any others though because I have not used anything else before this one. I can tell you that I did a pretty exhaustive search for a ztr before I pulled the string on this one and I do not think you could get something better built, especially for the amount of money that you will spend to get one. I don't have all the upgrades that they are coming with today like the suspension wheels and stuff like that but I do have the air seat and it is very comfortable to me. My machine will cut through most anything without much trouble, it is a beast and I couldn't be happier at this time. There are some out there that talk bad about them because they havn't been out that long, but come on 9-10 yrs is plenty to figure out if they are a well built product or not. If you look at some of the long term sales and stuff from the manufacturer, their sales are going up and others are going down. Must be doing something right. Just my .02cents, RG

Your Lightning is a 2007 and doesn't have suspension? Glad to hear you're happy with it nonetheless. :drinkup:

rundm
01-18-2008, 03:14 AM

Sorry, meant to say that I had a 06 model lightning. That cut and paste stuff can be hard sometimes. RG

puppypaws
01-18-2008, 05:26 AM
Your Lightning is a 2007 and doesn't have suspension? Glad to hear you're happy with it nonetheless. :drinkup:

It has the 4 wheel torsion rubber suspension, it has everything they offer except the manual foot adjustment for raising the deck quickly, bet on it!

tb8100
01-18-2008, 09:40 AM
Sorry, meant to say that I had a 06 model lightning. That cut and paste stuff can be hard sometimes. RG

oh gotch. Man, you got it just before they started using suspension. That Michigan seat is really nice, but you can't beat the rubber compresson shocks! Unless you take a sawzall and a drill and mount Hustler's flex base...:cool2:

puppypaws
01-18-2008, 10:21 AM

You had no suspension on the 2006 Lightening, they put the full 4 wheel torsion rubber suspension in production in early 2007. If you get a chance to run one with the full suspension you will think you died and went to heaven in comparison with your mower. The ride is totally different, I ran my Hustler Super Z side by side in comparison.

The Bad Boy had more power with the 32 Vanguard over the 28 efi Kohler, you could tell the Hustler was a little faster but if you were in heavy grass the Bad Boy was just as fast because of the power difference. The Hustler Super Z does ride better with the additions but not $500.00 worth. The Bad Boy Lightening does an excellent job, especially for the money difference. When I tried the Lightening I almost kept it for a rough cut mower because it has unbelievable power and really gets the big sappy grass out of the deck well.

dave k
01-18-2008, 11:06 AM
Reid, didn't the Bad Boy sit to high? It just looks that way when I look at their site, There is no dealer in the Metro Atlanta area, To me they look so boxey looking on their web site? Maybe its just me?
Dave

tb8100
01-18-2008, 11:15 AM
Reid, didn't the Bad Boy sit to high? It just looks that way when I look at their site, There is no dealer in the Metro Atlanta area, To me they look so boxey looking on their web site? Maybe its just me?
Dave

They are a bit boxy, kinda like Dixie Chopper. I definitely see some DC influence in their design. They actually sit at about the same height as most mowers other than Wright and Hustler. Robert, the mastermind behind the Bad Boy design, is looking at moving the seat back and lowering it some, but I don't know if it'll make it to the production floor. Bad Boy's R&D is very active all the time.

One of the reasons they look taller is that they have a shorter wheelbase than alot of other mowers by 3"-5". It's a bit of an optical illusion.

puppypaws
01-18-2008, 07:53 PM
Dave

tb8100 answered you very well. I have pictures posted in this forum with the Super Z and Lightening side by side and all measurements taken precisely by me using a steel tape.

I use to survey for a living so when you see a measurement I have taken it is exact, I always measured tack head to tack head using a metric standard.

The Lightening sat a little higher but what I noticed most of all was the Hustler was much easier getting on and off than the Bad Boy. You notice these type things a little more with age than when you are younger.