PDA

View Full Version : Enclosed trailers?

qualitylawnmanagement
08-12-2007, 07:43 PM
I plan to get an enclosed trailer for next season 20ft or a 24ft undecided yet:dizzy: , an have a few questions.

What is the difference between a flat top to a round top? What are the advantages over one another? Also how many people use V nose enclosed trailer? I think it would be great cause it saves on fuel and you can get the side door and run your ztr and walk behind threw it with out having to move mowers out the back of the door.

Petr51488
08-12-2007, 08:55 PM
Well for the flat roof, round roof thing, i would go round. If you go flat, the odds of water getting in are much higher, whereas the round roof, the water just slides right off.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
08-12-2007, 08:59 PM
Well to me the round top looks better and the rain runs off,the v nose are extra in price and for the size you are doing i don't think you get that much more room,as for the side door our's is 36 inches so you are going to have to go super wide have you got the room in your accounts.

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
08-12-2007, 09:48 PM
The V-Nose really helps on mpg. With my old 16' open trailer I could only get 200 miles per tank (about 9 mpg) but with the new 16 enclosed I'm getting 260 miles per tank. I like the v'nose to for the little bit of extra storeage. Make sure you get 8' wide or more as a 7' wide trailer gets tight with a 60" ztr. I also like the look of the flat tops but thats just me. And for that size make sure you get 5200lb axles.

qualitylawnmanagement
08-13-2007, 09:45 AM
Well to me the round top looks better and the rain runs off,the v nose are extra in price and for the size you are doing i don't think you get that much more room,as for the side door our's is 36 inches so you are going to have to go super wide have you got the room in your accounts.

Thanks, yupp a 24ft will fit in at all of my accounts. Just don't know if I want a 20ft or 24ft.

qualitylawnmanagement
08-13-2007, 09:47 AM
The V-Nose really helps on mpg. With my old 16' open trailer I could only get 200 miles per tank (about 9 mpg) but with the new 16 enclosed I'm getting 260 miles per tank. I like the v'nose to for the little bit of extra storeage. Make sure you get 8' wide or more as a 7' wide trailer gets tight with a 60" ztr. I also like the look of the flat tops but thats just me. And for that size make sure you get 5200lb axles.

Yea I was planning on getting the 8.5ft wide trailer, and 5200lb if I go with the 24ft.

nobagger
08-13-2007, 10:29 AM
Good choice on either a 20 or 24'. Our 16 fits our needs but a little cramped at times. IMO, a 20' trailer is plenty big unless your running 2 or 3 larger Z's and walkbehinds. Just remember the walls close in fast,lol Just try and find a place for everything then decide on a 20 or 24'. And I would definetly go with a 8.5 wide and not the standard 7ft.

P.Services
08-13-2007, 11:59 AM
i have a 20' and its the perfect size, i have to suggest that you get 3/4'' plywood walls they will make the trailer a bit more heavy but you can hang racks and shelves were ever you like, it just makes things a million times easier not having to worry about hitting a stud and then having your blowers fall off the wall because the screws pulled out. and second suggestion is to get the rear roller wheels on the back of the trailer this is the best option i ordered on mine. a trailer that long is going to drag the tail end so it will save your investment from abuse. you may want to get the extended tongue also if you ever think you will pull it with a stake truck or dump truck, even if you dont it makes it alot easier to back up with a pick-up pulling it.

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
08-13-2007, 05:08 PM
Don't laugh, a featherlight horse trailer seems it would be perfect,itz a 5th wheel and super light, i always thought about a 5th wheel for tight turns,+ they look cool.

fool32696
08-13-2007, 11:48 PM
Featherlight aluminum trailer = $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Greenery
08-14-2007, 12:16 AM
if you dont need the width of a 8.5 ft a 7 footer pulls much nicer in my opinion I have pulled both quite a bit their also much easier to see around

ATL Lawn
08-15-2007, 03:16 PM
i have a flat top, for 2yrs no probs, no leaks.

(but when i bought it, i did put extra latex caulkin around all the seams up top)

http://atlanta-sod.com/truck.jpg

DFLS
12-07-2007, 07:17 PM
Just took delivery of a 24x8 enclosed color pewter with many options including 12 " on center floor joists:weightlifter:, v nose, LED lites, power tongue jack, extended tongue, heavy duty ramp with steel "v" edge, salem vents, aluminum wheels:cool2:. Up from a 16 foot open trailer, this thing is about 4 feet too long for me and i am considering selling. Offers over $8,000 will be considered. I knew I should have ordered a 20 footer:hammerhead:

SimonCX
12-07-2007, 07:35 PM
I've been looking at enclosed also for next year and the 7 by18-20ft looks like it would fit everything I need and still be able to get in everywhere. The 24ft is huge if you get the 8.5 wide, it's too big for residentual for me I'd wouldn't be able to turn around or back into some clients driveways.

P.Services
12-07-2007, 07:37 PM
i agree my 8.5x20 is the perfect size.