View Full Version : flatbed truck?

08-13-2007, 05:01 AM
i see these guys around town using a certain type of truck.. and i want to know what it is, or at least what the type of bed is called and who makes trucks with it, or something like it. i dont know what its called so i cant look for any for sale

its a flatbed that slopes down in the back, and then there is a little ramp that folds down too. the bed has sides, but they are more like the sides of the typical open trailer than a regular truck bed.

the truck is one of those thats totally flat in the front .. like a mini semi. its pretty small.

it looks like a killer set up, the bed itself slopes down quite a bit so they just drive right up onto it.. no need for a trailer at all. truck looks pretty new.

what are these called? what brands make trucks like this?
thanks guys

HS Football Rules
08-13-2007, 06:56 AM
Vanscaper by Supreme........


HS Football Rules
08-13-2007, 06:59 AM
heres an open version


08-13-2007, 07:05 AM
ya, the second one is it .. that ones alot longer but its the same thing as i saw.

is there a name for these things?

08-13-2007, 07:21 AM
i've always heard them referred to as "grass Bodies" with a dove tail ramp....

08-13-2007, 07:46 AM
Over here we call them a 'Beaver Tail'

08-13-2007, 11:13 AM
Isuzu NPR with a landscaper bed. They are great for maintenance and I would never go back to trucks and trailers.

There are plenty on trucktrader.com and truckpaper.com. Considered medium duty and you don't have to have a CDL to drive them.

08-14-2007, 12:21 PM
awesome, thanks alot guys.