PDA

View Full Version : Wheel motor under 170 hours?

DixieChopper88
08-13-2007, 09:21 PM
ON my dixie i started having problems with the left side of my mower; after around a hour the left side tires didn't seem to want to go if i was on an incline or even on level ground, i first thought that it was the left side hydraulics. But i sent it in and that was fine, then they replaced the left wheel motor and it seems to be doing just fine right now, the real test will be when i mow the school system for around 7 hours. Has anyone else had this problem or anything relating to this. Thank you,

josh

Envy Lawn Service
08-13-2007, 10:23 PM
Yes, I've ran into the same thing... but it was with another brand.

Same symptoms and low hours too...

Sometimes it happens.
I wouldn't worry about it much since it was taken care of for you.

WREBELMACHINE
08-13-2007, 10:25 PM
It can happen to any of them. On dixe the only one that I would be real concerned about and that would be on a lot of hillside use would be the flatlander models.

KTO Enterprises
08-13-2007, 11:09 PM
i thought once that I was having problems with the left side hydro or wheel motor on my snapper, turned out to be that the belt was stretched some and allowing the left side hydro to slip but not the right side hydro.

Hope this helps

Richard Martin
08-14-2007, 04:08 AM
i thought once that I was having problems with the left side hydro or wheel motor on my snapper, turned out to be that the belt was stretched some and allowing the left side hydro to slip but not the right side hydro.

Dixie uses a T gear box that eliminates this problem. Both pumps drive off of the same pulley. They also use a tensioner that would have to be grossly mis-adjusted before belt slippage could occur.