PDA

View Full Version : The Envy 10,000th post thread

Accu-cut Lawn Care
08-14-2007, 09:05 AM
Congrats! I'm sure that over the years, you've given a lot of people some well needed advice and insight. Do your 10,000th here.

Envy Lawn Service
08-16-2007, 03:15 AM
Wow... I hadn't even noticed.

I haven't been on too much lately really. I missed this thread by a couple of days. I just tripped across it buried down on page #4 looking for topics to post in... insomnia strikes again tonight...

I sure hope I have helped a lot of people by being able to network here.
I try to do what I can when I can to give back to the green industry, and I hope I've given a lot back over the years because I sure have reaped a lot.

I wish somehow these posts were a drop in the hat to the information I've given to customers and the general public over the years (care, cultural and maintenace practices). I've spent a lot more years out there than I have on here....

I'm a firm believer that my investment in time and sharing here is an investment in my own business... both for me and for others.

In this respect, I tend to look at this sort of thing a lot different than some people do. I believe anything I can do, say or point out to help fellow LCO's to step up and even far exceed me is giving back to my industry, bettering it, and benefiting me also over the long haul.

I look at it like this.... I do not believe too many of us will not honestly agree that the lower tier operators are one of this industry's greatest detriments.... and I do not believe that too many of would disagree that they are the MAJORITY and the rest of the industry is in the minority.... So I look at it as for every one any of us can help advance another rung up the ladder helps towards bettering that ratio, and is good for the industry as a whole.

I do not envy others, and I am glad in their success. I also do not envy those who are able to exceed me in this business and I am happy for them as long as they arrive there honestly and morally. If someone can take this business or any other and wring more profit out of it that me, then I'm thrilled for them.

I'd even much rather help a competitor to be able to come up and actually compete with me on a level playing field... and hopefully have more allies, than I would to watch a guy work his arse off for nothing... have him envy me, come in on me at knee level and try to clip me down to his level so he can cut my throat.

Big M LawnnSnow
08-16-2007, 05:03 AM
Congrats on 10000.
Now thats alot of posts.

westwind
08-16-2007, 06:40 AM
Thanks for all your advice Envy!

LawnBrother
08-17-2007, 08:09 AM
Yeah, thanks Envy! I personally have gleaned a lot of knowledge from you r posts! We're fortunate to have you here, keep it up!

razor1
08-17-2007, 09:11 AM
You are most envied! :clapping:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s16F0x7cIrA

puppypaws
08-17-2007, 11:48 PM
Wonderful job my friend, you have helped a tremendous amount of people including myself.

Discussions and debates are always good for the general public, until it comes to lying politicians.

bare spot
08-18-2007, 12:19 AM
well put and thanks, bare spot

desert rose gardening
08-18-2007, 10:34 AM
I was going to say "Get a life! How do you find time to work!" But I looked and thats less than 6 a day:weightlifter:

puppypaws
08-18-2007, 10:59 AM
"Get a life!
How do you find time to work!"

Then you said, "But I looked and thats less than 6 a day".

Yea, sometimes we want to talk before we get our foot cleared from our mouth. You just did get yours out before you commented, were you not lucky?

GreenT
08-18-2007, 04:17 PM
I look at it like this.... I do not believe too many of us will not honestly agree that the lower tier operators are one of this industry's greatest detriments.... and I do not believe that too many of would disagree that they are the MAJORITY and the rest of the industry is in the minority.... So I look at it as for every one any of us can help advance another rung up the ladder helps towards bettering that ratio, and is good for the industry as a whole.

Just another example of your wisdom and experience. Like most of your posts, well written, clear, and insightful.

Congrats!

:waving:

nmez21
08-18-2007, 06:29 PM
Lawnsite may need to add a new "button" at the top of the screen. How about the "ENVY post search"? Congratulations and most of all, thanks.

David Gretzmier
08-18-2007, 11:56 PM
Dang, 10,000 posts. I remember when Envy was just a little tyke, back in the day. here I am been on here since the internet was black and white, and he has 10 times as many posts as me. congrats on the 10,000 dude.