PDA

View Full Version : Need help cleaning up a pasture

JUMBO31
08-14-2007, 09:45 AM
I'm new to this site, and think it's great. I have started a new tractor mowing company here in the Houston, Tx area. I have a customer who needs me to brush hog his 2 acres, kill all the weeds, and plant grass. My queston is how do I kill the weeds once I mow his pasture? Can I use something like Scott's fertilizer?

JB1
08-14-2007, 09:47 AM
I'm new to this site, and think it's great. I have started a new tractor mowing company here in the Houston, Tx area. I have a customer who needs me to brush hog his 2 acres, kill all the weeds, and plant grass. My queston is how do I kill the weeds once I mow his pasture? Can I use something like Scott's fertilizer?

it will work, just make sure its high in nitrogen.

lawnMaster5000
08-14-2007, 10:05 AM
there are different products that will better meet your specific needs. Contact a local farm fertilizer retailer for information on what is available in your area.

PBinWA
08-14-2007, 11:26 AM

You want to do something like this.

Brush hog/mow it as low as possible.
Spray Round-up (or no-name brand equivalent).
Wait 2-3 weeks.
Harley Rake/Pulverize/Soil Condition/till and level.
Fertilize with starter fertilizer
Seed.

Big tip - the amount of effort you put into making the ground smooth and level will pay off big time in the future by allowing you to mow faster and more comfortably.