PDA

View Full Version : AERA-vator for Grasshopper vs. 3pt model

Terraformer
08-14-2007, 02:59 PM
I'm looking for input from people who use the AERA-vator attached to a Grasshopper. How effective is it? Does it beat up either the operator or the Grasshopper? I can go either way since I have a 928D and Kubota B7800 tractor. Looking for real world experinces for either implementation of the AERA-vator.

stumpman
08-16-2007, 11:33 PM
Terraformer, I have a AE40L Aera-Vator that I have behind a Kubota B7500 tractor. I have used it for the last 4 or 5 years and I love it. I don't care how hard the ground is, it's going to put holes in the ground or break up the hard deadpan. I like it better than a core aerator in most situations. Especially when the ground is so hard that you can't get a good core aerator in the ground. I have a Woods mowing machine, but I decided I like the one behind the tractor when I was deciding which kind to buy. Danny

Terraformer
08-16-2007, 11:40 PM
Thanks for the input. I'm thinking the 3pt version may be best, but I am going to test drive the Grasshopper version.

lawn king
08-18-2007, 09:47 AM
Not trying to hijack your thread, I have a woods/gill pl 60 (3 pt) that i use on my kubota B3030. When i load that unit up with 700 lbs of block, it will aerate anything, no matter how hard it is!