PDA

View Full Version : Lesco's Annual Rye

clallen03
08-14-2007, 06:20 PM
Can anyone give me their opinions this product?

Last year I overseeded with another product and it was horrible. The seeds germinated very well and the lawn was full and looked nice. When it came to mowing these lawn everything went down hill. The mower tires slide around the lawn on every turn (Zs and walkbehinds). The grass stained the driveways and sidewalks. It thinned out as the season progressed. It was just the worse.

This year I want to go with a better quality product and just wanted your opinions on Lesco's brand.

Thanks

mdlwn1
08-14-2007, 06:27 PM
Thats what rye will do when its too wet.................

mdlwn1
08-14-2007, 06:29 PM
Sorry..lesco's stuff has always been at the top...if not the best ruf type available in my region

mdlwn1
08-14-2007, 06:30 PM
if not the best turf type

clallen03
08-15-2007, 08:29 AM
Can anyone tell me if it is the dark green blades or the very light green blades?

I perfer to have the darker green blades that look like the transition blend fescue that Lesco carries.

cross1933
08-15-2007, 09:47 AM
What about (from Lesco),
Great Lakes Premium Seed Mix
19.83% Shamrock Kentucky Bluegrass
19.80% Blue Sapphire Bluegrass
19.66% lakeshore Kentucky Bluegrass
19.63% Evening Shade Perennial Ryegrass
19.36% Prosport Perennial Ryegrass

I am considering replanting my backyard with this the first week of September.

clallen03
08-15-2007, 04:22 PM
This lawn is a bermuda lawn that Im going to overseed for the cool season. I dont want anything in the turf that I have to fight with in the spring and summer to get rid of.

Im looking for a quality annual grass seed to look nice during the cool season.

tjsquickcuts
08-15-2007, 05:18 PM
Rye Grass is Rye grass, just different names....Rye grass needs to be cut during the driest point of the day to avoid all what you described....Cutting Rye Grass in the morning, or after a rain is crazy.....With no rain this year, I am not overseeding any lawns this fall. I just have a strange feeling that weeds are going to be horrible this fall and springs and plus I and not going to feel like have to work around waiting on lawns to dry so they can be cut. Also, I think these High temps and dry weather are going to last through Oct, and for a really nice Rye lawn, you need to start seeding around mid Sept and I just dont think the weather is going to work with us this year. Yeah, irrigation systems do help, but thats all....We need lots of rain for a very pretty Rye lawn. JMO