PDA

View Full Version : mulching/OCDC

causalitist
08-14-2007, 09:12 PM
what do you guys think about mulching vs side discharge?
is mulching impractical for the thick fast growing lawns in the spring?

i realize i'd have to go slower, but alot of the time i double cut its just to chop the clippings finer. so i want to look into it.

also, who has the Blade blocker OCDC
http://www.tools2you.com/store/merchant.ihtml?pid=1687&lastcatid=407&step=4
and what do you have to say about it?
this will be my other option if the consensus is that mulching doesn't work well except on thin grass .. which i suspect or everyone would be doing it lol

grassgirl4
08-15-2007, 03:42 PM
I have the blade blocker on my Exmark Lazer Z ztr, and I like it a lot. It's made by TrimmerTrap and can be fitted to almost any make and model ztr or wb.

I'm thinking about seeing if one would work on my Quick 36 wb. Currently, I have the mulch kit on it, which has done a great job until this week (we got lots of rain, and the grass went ballistic!!). I found that it still did a fine job on areas of grass that were thinner to start with, but on the thicker grasses, it left a lot of clumps. When I went to disperse the clumps with my backpack blower, it caused a lot of grass that had laid over to stand back up (not good!!) :cry: Hence, I'm thinking the blade blocker would offer me more versatility (like it does on my Lazer Z).

The only drawback to the blade blocker is that if you want to switch to bagging (e.g. customer requires it, spring/fall cleanups, etc.), you have to remove as least part of it to attach the bagger...not a huge ordeal but just so you know...

Also, sometimes it needs a few shots of WD40 to keep it limber, but that's no biggie...