PDA

View Full Version : Last yard

robbo521
08-14-2007, 10:06 PM
for a while.it has been 103 to 106 for the last 10 days and the grass is gone.nothing around here green.the weeds are even brown.

tjsquickcuts
08-14-2007, 10:22 PM
I think we all need to meet up at the lake and just do some fishing for the next few days until we get some rain...this is my last week of mowing if we don't get any rain....I will post some pics of some lawns from today, and there is nothing....About 55% can stand to be cut again next week, but will hold off just to keep some grass on top of the dirt....Got a call from one of the Property Managers of one of my commercial account asking me to kinda play it by eye, and just make up for any missed visits during the winter....

tinman
08-14-2007, 10:28 PM
100 degrees is rough on fescue. the bermuda here is good. We need rain everyday to combat this heat.

tjsquickcuts
08-14-2007, 11:09 PM
I wish, We are in the worst part drought here in my area...toppled with 100 plus degree weather again all this week after all last week was 100 plus....Our last rain was good rain was June 30th...haven't had any thing but a trace since then.....

robbo521
08-14-2007, 11:45 PM
yep we still 20'' behind.they said maybe 90 next week with rain.the grass over my field lines is dead.most of my yards you walk on and leave your foot print.looks as if somebody sprayed them and killed them all.

Americal Vet
08-15-2007, 01:26 AM
We've been in the triple digits for the last several days and no rain since sometime back in July. They have said though that it should cool off to 96 for a high this coming Friday.

How dry is it? Well, I'll put it this way... even the catfish have ticks:waving:

MOturkey
08-15-2007, 08:18 PM
Dry here as well. Crabgrass is still alive and well, however. :) Maybe the tropical storm in the Gulf will spin some moisture through the Southeast.

ACutAboveNC
08-15-2007, 09:35 PM
Here in Charlotte we have broken all types of high temperature records. We even tied the all time highest recorded temperature last week and tomorrow it will be 101. August is known as hell month around here and probably most of the se. For once I wish mother nature would throw us a bone. We have a drought in May and that stressed most of our lawns through the summer and this latest wave of heat and no rain has killed off what remaining fescue we have.

tjsquickcuts
08-15-2007, 10:04 PM
Yeah we have broken a lot of records the last few days as well...Crazy, but I dont even think Hurricane Dean is even going to give us a chance of some relief....I think Texas and areas around are going to get all the rain this year....this is what I am having to deal with with my homes that don't have irrigation systems....needless to say this was the last visit this house will see until it rains....hate that my guys cut it, but they were just following directions.....Oh and they cut it with the TT....SMH....Lazy I guess....but I guess I dont blame them with it being so hot....The house on the corner is the only home in the neighborhood with Green grass...but they have irrigation so you can see the difference....Man I really think we are in trouble.....Damn high pressure....would have got more pics but it was hot, and my bttry was low on the camera...

timmac
08-15-2007, 10:42 PM
same here. no rain and i have not been mowing either. those are some ugly garage doors on those houses though.

David Hartzog
08-15-2007, 10:56 PM
why do we burn up and Texas is going to be flooded by a tropical storm.
I know we have a high pressure over us.
will the next storm come up Thur Georgia i predict it will come up our way even though we have a high pressure.

tjsquickcuts
08-16-2007, 06:25 PM
I dont think so...I think we are going to be in this little funk we are in until fall or maybe late winter hopefully....I wonder how lawn treatments are going to be affected this fall and winter????? But I see Texas just keeps getting more and more rain...but last year they were in our boat if I am not wrong.....

rodfather
08-17-2007, 06:36 AM
Just the opposite up here in NJ...had 20 or so lawns this week we had to double cut again this week. Never saw them so green in the month of August. Hope the best for you guys down south.

tjsquickcuts
08-17-2007, 11:24 PM
Here are a few pics from today...some of my lawns with irrigation systems.....We are hurt'n...another Record today...I think the 5th in 8 days....

tjsquickcuts
08-17-2007, 11:38 PM
a few more....as you can see in the last pic...a lot of leaves as well....it seems like fall....

The TT handles that hill like a charm....and more leaves....

The tan is creeping day by day...in this area, they can only water once a week. I stop taking pics because this is going to hurt....First the late frost...now the drought....just not our year here in my area....but some places did get a few storms, but not many...

and before yall start asking...thats is a huge boulder....This area is on the West end of the stone mountain rock line....you should see some of the boulders in some of these neighborhoods....and it is a killer excavating and bed edging because of all the rocks...

grassmedics
08-17-2007, 11:48 PM
i can say the st augustine is growing still, but we are starting to get some brown spots as well

tjsquickcuts
08-17-2007, 11:52 PM
First pics are of Bermuda, and last two are of Zoyia....

clc19chase
08-18-2007, 03:12 PM
is the house behind the stop sign leaning a little to the right or what.... do all the newer neighborhoods have the narrow strip of grass near the street

tjsquickcuts
08-18-2007, 08:36 PM
Yeah, most of the new neighborhoods all have sidewalks and that small little strip....But I don;t think the house is leaning...but have been wrong before....you know these builders now adays....Here is another lawn that just had its last visit until we get more rain....The TT loves lawns like this...wide open....and smooth for the most part....This is a $418 a month account....lucky the people are older and have been in that house since it was built back in the 70's and say they have only seen it this bad once before, back in 81 I think they said...I was still a baby pretty much....But they told me it was okay to not cut it until it rains, and I told them that I would make up for any lost visits....

WhitakerServices
08-18-2007, 09:09 PM
It is crunchy and dusty. The pay as you go's hurt in comparison to the last few years. Maybe us georgia LCO's should meet up in church in the morning.

mexiking
08-18-2007, 09:18 PM
that sux, weve been getting FALL temperatures here in NJ... Grasses have been green all year ...

tjsquickcuts
08-18-2007, 10:56 PM
It is crunchy and dusty. The pay as you go's hurt in comparison to the last few years. Maybe us georgia LCO's should meet up in church in the morning.

and then on to the lake....