PDA

View Full Version : Stihl BR600 problem

Petr51488
08-14-2007, 11:12 PM
I've had my 600 for about a year and half allready and have had this annoying problem. When full throttle, once its been used for 20 minutes or so, it sounds like the choke is on partially, but its not. they did the valve adjustments (as per the 100 hour maint) and still the same. I changed the spark plug made it a little better, but back to the way it was. The fuel filter hasn't been changed since new. Could this be the problem?

LawnBrother
08-15-2007, 06:26 AM
Check the fuel and air filters and clean the carb linkage.

gator10277
08-15-2007, 10:07 AM
Also check the fuel lines. Mine had similar problem. As the fuel level in the tank would drop the problem would become worse, fill it up and it would go away.

I think you can get a kit with the lines and the filter.

prowalker
08-15-2007, 11:56 AM
check you fuel tank vent,it may be in the cap or on a line going into the tank.

bahamamills
08-15-2007, 12:04 PM
Don't know if this could be it or not but almost everyone I know that bought them around here had an issue with the fuel filter popping out of place. This made the units want to die after half a tank was used because it was not getting fuel. If you stood up straight to get the filter and intake back in the fuel it would keep running. I knew about it and dealt with it a while and finally took it back to my dealer who fixed the problem for free. I was a known issue with them. I bought mine at the end of last summer I think.

Petr51488
08-15-2007, 08:12 PM
Also check the fuel lines. Mine had similar problem. As the fuel level in the tank would drop the problem would become worse, fill it up and it would go away.

I think you can get a kit with the lines and the filter.

Mine did the same in the first few months, But with this problem that i'm having it does it all the time..when full, and when almost empty. I'll try all the above. Thanks!

sildoc
08-15-2007, 08:34 PM
New weighted fuel filter. Make sure there is not a break in the fuel line as there is a small pinch point that will allow the line to take up air instead of fuel. good luck.