PDA

View Full Version : New Purchase

Scott_Abel
08-15-2007, 10:52 AM
Hey everyone,

I just purchased a new Ferris IS 1500 21/48. I got it last Thursday 8/9, and paid $5,399 + tax. I am a homeowner and will not use it as heavily as most of you guys would, but I am really glad I got a commercial model. I have put 5.3 hours on it so far. I am really happy with it. I looked at and demoed a Hustler and Gravely, which were also very nice. I cannot say anything bad about those two, but I just got a better deal on the Ferris and decided on it. I mow really rocky terrain, and it is nice to be able to raise the deck up and crawl over the rocks with the Ferris suspension. I know some have complained about the quality of cut with a Ferris, but for my application, it has done just fine. I have a few acres in the country, so what I am mowing is closer to pasture than manicured yard, and it has done great for that.

Thanks again for the input I got from you guys. I'll be glad to answer any questions about it if you have them. Sorry I don't have any pictures, but if you really want to see it, here is a link:

http://www.ferrisindustries.com/pages/mower.php?product_id=22

IHusky
08-15-2007, 11:16 PM
Very nice! That mower will last a real long time for you. Good to see a homeowner doing his research and not going with the lawn tractor. Now all you need is a commerical trimmer and blower.:laugh: Post some pics if you get a chance. Where are you located at in Texas?

Americal Vet
08-15-2007, 11:45 PM
Congratulations on your purchase. You should have many, many years of good service.:drinkup:

puppypaws
08-15-2007, 11:49 PM
Very nice looking mower, I know you are very proud of the machine, don't they really look good with the new red paint?

Scott_Abel
08-16-2007, 10:02 AM
Thanks guys.

Husky - I would like to get a nice trimmer. A while back I bought a commercial grade Stihl chainsaw - MS 260. That purchase convinced me to buy commercial grade anytime I could. It costs a little more on the front end, but it is well worth it.

PuppyPaws - I know you are a big Ferris supporter. I hope you are right and I don't have any troubles with this one. I love it so far!

puppypaws
08-16-2007, 01:22 PM
Thanks guys.

PuppyPaws - I know you are a big Ferris supporter. I hope you are right and I don't have any troubles with this one. I love it so far!

I don't know a thing in God's world about Ferris mowers other than they look well built and would look pretty in a parade.

Scott_Abel
08-16-2007, 04:08 PM
Sorry Paws, I guess I was thinking of someone else. Who is it that always talks about Ferris mowers?

Thanks again.

jkingrph
08-16-2007, 04:19 PM
A while back I bought a commercial grade Stihl chainsaw - MS 260. That purchase convinced me to buy commercial grade anytime I could. It costs a little more on the front end, but it is well worth it.

Like you I am a homeowner. I had converted all handheld equipment to commercial several years ago. Last year I replaced my JD Lawn Tractor with a Scag Wildcat. That's got to be one of the best moves I have made.