PDA

View Full Version : Scag, full bagger??

smokediver
08-15-2007, 12:26 PM
I have a Scag Turf Runner w/high mounted grass catcher. I "rescued" it from the weeds, and it now runs GREAT.
Only thing is, how are you supposed to know when the hopper is full of clippings? I'm assuming it's supposed to shut off the deck, or warn the operator somehow before the vacuum tube is totally packed tight.
I noticed there is a switch under the hopper that turns off the deck when it's lifted and wondered if that was supposed to turn it off when full somehow. It's a great little mower if I didn't have to crawl under the deck to unclog it every other time I dump it. Can some of you guys with more experience with the scag tell me how it's supposed to work? Thanks..

ed2hess
08-15-2007, 04:08 PM
On the walker and Scag Cougar they got a little device to tell when hopper is full....but they are usually broke...I tell by listening to the unit...the should is different when it gets close to being full.

smokediver
08-16-2007, 11:29 AM
What sort of device, where is it located, and how does it let you know?
It does look exactly like a walker from a distance, never seen one up close and personal.
I did notice if I pay close attention it will start blowing clippings out of the charge shute for about 3 seconds before it plugs, but you gotta be quick.
I really wanted to turn this mower over to my parents for their yard, but I can't have my mom trying to clean out the blower tube 5 times everytime she mows the yard.
I noticed the little gas cylinder that helps tilt the hopper seems to be a little short, and thought that might keep it from shutting off the deck. But maybe my whole theory was wrong.
I'd like to know more about the system and how it's supposed to work if anybody can help.......
Thanks

ed2hess
08-17-2007, 10:19 PM
It is called Grass Pak Swith Module and assmbly....patent I asume. It has a flexable wand that catch on the grass when it stacks up full and flips a switch and sounds a beeper. I know very little about it....since one of mine don't work and the one on Scag keeps working so I never got into it.

smokediver
08-18-2007, 11:33 AM
Great, thanks for the insite.