PDA

View Full Version : Need advice while I am intergrating my second crew

Rdizzle79
08-15-2007, 01:00 PM
Hey Everyone,

My first crew has been stretched thin long enough so I recently hired a second foreman to start my second crew. My first crew was running with three guys, a foreman and two laborers. The plan is to have both crews running with one foreman and one laborer. This way, in my head at least, I feel I won't have to make any new hires.

Secondly, as I am spending most of my time managing the current High end clients I have I'm not sure I will be able to focus alot of my attention to sales. Does anyone have any suggestions that doesn't involve me hiring another full time employee?

Thanks in Advance,

Chris

supercuts
08-15-2007, 05:32 PM
it seems to me your the one stretched thin, but that comes with running a business. id have to say im a control freak but since ive passed off some responcibilty ive been much more stress free. it sounds like you are too and its time to hand some of the control down. what i did was take them with me to the high end job and made sure they understood the quality of work at each location. hope it works out

Rdizzle79
08-16-2007, 05:56 AM
Thanks for the advice. I wouldn't say I am a control freak but I am hesitant to put my reputation into someone elses hands.

txgrassguy
08-16-2007, 09:13 AM
So if I understand you correctly, you will have two crews of only two employees each?
Concerning the training, integration and implementation of multiple crews places a burden on you to schedule your time much more effectively.
For instance, set aside a specific amount of time, each morning for your office work. Set aside a specific amount of time with a mandated day (for my crews it is Monday and Thursday) for equipment maintenance, blade change outs, oil/air filter r&r, schedule specific times for client interface while not biting into the other times. And last but not least - set a time limit for yourself.
By setting limits and adhering to them will force you to objectively improve on those areas which are necessary to meet your schedule.
The end result is that the crews will be happier in a more regimented system (they know what to expect each day), you will accomplish a lot more, and will end up having more time to yourself.
Remember work to live, don't live to work.