PDA

View Full Version : Small patio

Captains Landscape
08-15-2007, 07:35 PM
As much as I prefer natural stone, these pavers from Bolduc (:canadaflag: )are nice to work with. 4 piece mosaic pattern, shows nice color, very uniform.

Oh yeah, please don't mock me for the compass. We did this whole patio over a 40 year old septic tank, the compass signifies the cap.

srl28
08-15-2007, 07:38 PM
Wow looks very good...Nice work, nice product and a very good idea with concealing the septic cap with that compass, kinda adds an artistic touch to the project. Good work!

Humble Earth Mover
08-15-2007, 07:49 PM
Nice work bro! I really like those pavers....never seen that brand up here. The compass is awesome. I'd like it even if there wasn't a septic lid to conceal.

....is the walkway off center? might be the pic...but something seems funky. I would've raised the granite slab another inch or so to split the difference in the risers and level it better....just my humble opinion.

Captains Landscape
08-15-2007, 07:55 PM
Honestly....there should have been 2 steps to that porch. I was trying to match another granite step on the property. That 1 step with drill holes exposed, split on all sides, and top was $390. I thought I could raise the step that was there originally, but when we unearthed it, it was shaped like a piece of cheese.

sicnj
08-15-2007, 09:20 PM
that sharp angle right before the step is a little funky. The patio looks great, did you wet seal that or is it just wet?

Grn Mtn
08-15-2007, 09:38 PM
Pavers look nice, I actually like the compass.

If you hadn't said anything about the step I would have sworn it was just poorly photoshopped. Any concerns about having to rip everything up if the tank needs to be replaced? How did you avoid crushing the septic lines putting it in?

Captains Landscape
08-15-2007, 09:50 PM
I'm almost afraid to answer in fear of getting ICPI spec's plastered all over the post:nono:
We excavated the area, exposing the tank. Installed our base and compacted in 2" lifts, but left the tank area exposed. I put the base material over the tank last with one 6" lift, and compacted. I think the tank will serve as a sufficient base, and the material over it will not sink.

Captains Landscape
08-15-2007, 09:52 PM
Patio is wet

hoskm01
08-17-2007, 01:49 AM
I'm almost afraid to answer in fear of getting ICPI spec's plastered all over the post:nono:
We excavated the area, exposing the tank. Installed our base and compacted in 2" lifts, but left the tank area exposed. I put the base material over the tank last with one 6" lift, and compacted. I think the tank will serve as a sufficient base, and the material over it will not sink.

Sounds reasonable. Better than removing the tank and installing your base under that. Unless the whole tank sinks you should be ok.