PDA

View Full Version : Honda 21'' Mower Transmission Replacement??

Petr51488
08-16-2007, 01:24 AM
Well, my honda 21'' mower has 130 hours on it, (lost the hour meter today btw) and the transmission is crapping out on me. There's oil slowly comming out of the gear box, those rods going to the wheels are bent, which are causing my wheels to bend.. I need a new transmission. They cost about 50 bucks, but from the looks of it, it looks like it's going to be a pain in the a$$ trying to replace it. Has anyone every replaced one themselves? How long did it take? ANything i should, or shouldn't do?

P&C Lawn Care
08-17-2007, 11:16 PM
$50 for a Honda transmission? What model is this? I paid about $200 for a transmission on an old HR215 (metal top). Took about an hour to change it out. Hydrostat trannys cost alot more.

Scandy14
08-18-2007, 01:49 PM
P&C is correct on the cost. The replacment cost for a transmission, at least for my HR214 was $200.00, however, I was able to make repairs on mine for about 1/4 the cost of new.

The transmissions are very simple, and if you are somewhat mechanically inclined, you can make the repairs. I had never worked on one before, and was able to do it easily. Good luck.

Bill Kapaun
08-18-2007, 03:14 PM
Well, Plano Power lists the transmission at $103, assuming you are talking about the HRR2162TDA.
This link has a bunch of Honda schematics, but not much on the transmission.
http://hayward.arinet.com/scripts/EmpartISAPI.dll?MF&app=ASP&lang=EN&TF=Mainframe&LoginID=hywd&loginpwd=hywd&Partner=HYWD