PDA

View Full Version : Husqvarna?

dan_greenthumb
08-16-2007, 02:42 PM
I have never seen or heard anything about husqvarna W/B and Z's. Anyone have anything to say about Husqvarna?

Johnshandyman
08-16-2007, 03:44 PM
I have two of them. I have an LZ5223, and an LZ6127. This is my second pair, so total I have had four.To be honest with you Im looking to change to maybe Ferris or JD. The husqvarna's are fast, but there is alot of blow out from both mowers, and they just dont seem to cut as well as others.
I do like the Husqvarna trimmers though, plenty of power and very durable.

T Total Lawncare
08-16-2007, 09:39 PM
LZ6127 here. Cuts as well as any around down here. I did a little altering on the baffling to help out some. You can take the baffling out but the blowout is unbearable during drought conditions. It would be fine if you had decent weather though. Your not gonna find any Husky sympathizers on this web-site though sorry. Lawnsite needs to create us a support group.:cry:

T Total Lawncare
08-16-2007, 09:42 PM
I have two of them. I have an LZ5223, and an LZ6127. This is my second pair, so total I have had four.To be honest with you Im looking to change to maybe Ferris or JD. The husqvarna's are fast, but there is alot of blow out from both mowers, and they just dont seem to cut as well as others.

If you don't like the Husky cut you better break the bank and buy JD then, You won't be happy with the Ferris I've been told.

razor1
08-16-2007, 09:53 PM
Never owned a Husky and probably never will, but about a 2 years ago they thru one of the best pig barbecues I've ever been to in Howard County, MD. Husky if you're listening, please do it again!!! :drinkup:

Johnshandyman
08-17-2007, 06:38 AM
I think the husqvarnas cut better with the old style deck. The new tunnel ram seems to have more blow back, and doesnt seem to cut the high stuff, like bahai, as well.

BAKERS
08-17-2007, 07:27 AM

There is a containment kit to eliminate blowout completely, and you do want to remove the baffle. See your dealer Husqvarna will warranty it.

HS Football Rules
08-17-2007, 07:47 AM
First...all the stuff about dealer support///yada yada...do that.

Then determine what feature is most important to the majority
of your accounts....cut,,speed,,maneuverability(whew!,big word),
ride, weight/footprint.

Then...Demo
Then...Demo again.......and again

I've already dispelled some of the myths offered here by brand loyalists..
by planting my big butt in the seat, AND SEEING FOR MYSELF, what is
most important.

Example: I just went to outdoor equipment show here in Dallas...tried out Hustler Super Z 30/72 w/flex forks and Ferris IS3100 side by side.....AWESOME machines...one bounced more at high speed...one bounced more a low speeds. One sat higher,provided more visibility..the other lower and provided a much lower center, and side hill comfort. Both were too heavy for my irrigated properties..:cry:

OR...your can take the easy way out...and just buy what everyone else pulls down the street.

T Total Lawncare
08-17-2007, 03:30 PM
There is a containment kit to eliminate blowout completely, and you do want to remove the baffle. See your dealer Husqvarna will warranty it.

Well i tried it without the baffles for a couple of weeks. Besides the issue with blowout I didn't like the lenght of the clippings. Most of the grass was cut one time and discharged. Most of my accounts are bi-weekly because I live in a pretty rural area. Not many want to fork out weekly $$ for service. Like most we haven't had alot of rain. But for about three weeks we were getting good rain about a month ago. Those bi-weekly were shooting up. It was deeeeeeep. About the same time I took the baffles out. Looked like you could have bailed the clippings for hay. Yeah the mower breezed right through them like a bush hog behind a 50hp tractor with no loading but I just didn't like the finished product. I do have to cut a little slower with them in but it's clean. The benefit of a tunnel is it can handle alot of grass and it gets out of the deck quick but the down side is it doesn't stay in contact with the blades long enough to mulch it up very much.

I was reccomended to try doubles, but the debate on running them on this site had me concerned about spindle life with the extra weight on them and warranty issues just in case. I do want to look into that containment kit though. Right now in this drought there is no way I could handle the blowout in these dusty conditions without the baffles. It knocks the dust down some but I need to try the kit and see if it's any better.

richard1103
08-19-2007, 10:39 AM
bought one z2760 went bad half hour use ,dealer gave me another one it went bad at 2.6 hours dealer thought i just had a bad taste from the first one but his mechanic agreed with me no more orange mowers for me

Landscape89
08-19-2007, 01:55 PM
My friends got a 21" Husqvarna Walk Behind. It's got the Hi-Vac system as well as Front Caster wheels. Very nice machine, Nice cut as well!

WhitakerServices
08-19-2007, 05:28 PM
I have a Husq 48 fixed wb(02 model) that I purchased (traded for) with a blown motor for $350. I replaced the motor for 600 and it has done an awesome job for me, dollar for dollar it is the most profitable machine I have ever owned and I still run it on a daily basis. I use the rotary brand mulching blades on it and the finish is great and the clippings are very manageable.

Johnshandyman
08-20-2007, 04:33 PM
I have a Husq 48 fixed wb(02 model) that I purchased (traded for) with a blown motor for $350. I replaced the motor for 600 and it has done an awesome job for me, dollar for dollar it is the most profitable machine I have ever owned and I still run it on a daily basis. I use the rotary brand mulching blades on it and the finish is great and the clippings are very manageable.

Where do you purchase the Rotary brand mulching blades?
I usually use the exmark brand from Mowmore.com. They do a fairly good job in low to moderate grass, but put a hard load on the motor when the grass is thick or heavy.

WhitakerServices
08-23-2007, 11:04 PM
All three local mow shops carry them to fit my scag and my Husq. I haven't looked for them online but I pay between 11 and 12.50 per blade. Not unreasonable in my book. I can usually get 2-4 resharps per blade before the lift wears out. They are made a little different than regular mulchers in that the Lift fingers are twisted out instead of in, so they side discharge well and produce smaller clippings than the standard blades ( which I haven't put on my mowers in 3 years).