PDA

View Full Version : ?? EXMARK LAZER Z HP or HUSTLER MINI Z ??

cutedge
08-16-2007, 05:34 PM
I finally narrowed my choices down to these 2 machines: EXMARK LAZER Z HP 19hp Kawi, 50'' (Triton?) or HUSTLER MINI Z 23hp Kawi, 52''

My dealer has them both sitting next to each other in the showroom for $6,900. I can't decide which one to go with. Any and all opinions are helpful. I'm mainly concerned with cut quality. Both machines seem to be the same in durability. And 2'' in deck width doesn't really matter. What should I go with? Thanks

Lazer_Z
08-16-2007, 06:13 PM
cutedge, why not compare apples to apples? compare the Lazer Z HP 23hp w/ 50" deck to the Mini Z 23hp w/ 52" deck. If it were my choice I'd go eXmark hands down.

Good luck with your choice.

Rob

Lohse's Lawn Service
08-16-2007, 06:33 PM
I haven't used Hustler, but I am sold forever on ExMark. I think you'll be pleased, but who knows what Hustler has to offer. The good thing is you'll have good customer support since you are buying them local.

cutedge
08-16-2007, 07:48 PM
cutedge, why not compare apples to apples? compare the Lazer Z HP 23hp w/ 50" deck to the Mini Z 23hp w/ 52" deck. If it were my choice I'd go eXmark hands down.

Good luck with your choice.

Rob

My dealer has the 19/50 in stock so he can give me a much better deal

cutedge
08-17-2007, 11:39 PM
Anyone else?

grassmedics
08-18-2007, 12:01 AM
I have a mini z with a 36 inch cut, and it cuts beautifully at full speed. the hustler has one of the best decks in the industry, not to mention the best warranty as well. I think this decision is gonna have to come from directly though, because theres guys on here who swear by exmark, and theres ones who swear by hustler they are both good mowers, but for the same price the hustler has the better warranty.

ZX12R
08-18-2007, 12:28 AM
I was also looking at both machines,but,in different sizes.I bought the exmark and could not be happier.

Envy Lawn Service
08-18-2007, 01:20 AM
Both sound like a bad idea to me.

tinkerlawn
08-18-2007, 01:28 AM
I would go with the Hustler for a couple of reasons:
Ease of use the drive levers have a much smoother feel and aren't nearly as stiff as the Exmark, making it more comfortable to use over long mowing runs;
The frame of the of the Hustler has a lifetime warranty;
The Hustler has a faster ground speed;
The Hustler is also well laid out and very easy to work on, check it out for yourself, changing oil everything is located within reach with plenty of room, very few grease points because of the use of sealed ball bearings, among other things

That all being said I would say the cut quality is a wash, with small edge given Exmark if that is a Triton deck

In my opinion I would go with the Hustler, I currently have 2 exmarks and 2 hustlers, and you really begin to appreciate the hustlers when you start doing maintenance on them, everything is easy to find and you can tell a lot of thought has really been put into them.

cutedge
08-18-2007, 01:31 AM
Both sound like a bad idea to me.

Why's that?

Stillwater
08-18-2007, 01:36 AM
Ya why????

Envy Lawn Service
08-18-2007, 01:39 AM
Well, the biggest reason is that both these units are floor stock, and my guess is that he is not letting you take both out for a demo.

The next reason is that the eXmark Triton is not getting good reviews, and 19hp on a 50" is going to be weak.

On the Hustler, the power is a better ratio. But the deck is really shallow with a really small discharge opening. The seating on it is also pretty crappy.

HS Football Rules
08-18-2007, 08:37 AM
Well, the biggest reason is that both these units are floor stock, and my guess is that he is not letting you take both out for a demo.

The next reason is that the eXmark Triton is not getting good reviews, and 19hp on a 50" is going to be weak.

On the Hustler, the power is a better ratio. But the deck is really shallow with a really small discharge opening. The seating on it is also pretty crappy.

LOL Agreed,, It's like the good units are already gone and this is whats leftover...if you do get the eXmark...start at the top of any hills and mow DOWN !...the mini is the better choice...but like ENVY said, the ride will be
pretty rough.

Stillwater
08-18-2007, 09:33 AM
Well said.... what then, do you guys like

HS Football Rules
08-18-2007, 10:00 AM
Well personally I prefer blonde, blue eyes and a full C cup,,Coors Light, and Dodge......oh ...sorry..
Mowers...umm..

I dont want to pay $1300 more for a "NAME".
I want it over powered not under.
I want larger hydros...not the usuals.
I want to keep all my teeth and my kidneys.
I don't care about mowing at light speed.
I want to mow it once..not twice.
and I want the warranty to actually mean something.

Does this machine exist? NO. Can I get pretty close?
I don't know but I'm still trying.

Determine your own needs...then demo until your satisfied.

Simple! :weightlifter:

MTR999
08-18-2007, 01:36 PM
I wouldn't spend a dime on a Z with 19 hp kawi, there is no power to do bahia or thick st. augustine what so ever, it can cut just NORMAL growth grass not yard that have been left uncared for weeks, lesson learned. Minimum acceptable on hp must be 23hp and go up to 27 or 28 or so forth for any deck that is 50-52". period.