PDA

View Full Version : stinky rotten grass in bed of truck....

1MajorTom
08-16-2007, 05:57 PM
So the other week, Matt parked one of our trucks at my mom's house, it's a dead end, and he wanted to get one of the trucks out of the way. We then went on vacation.
Today my mom calls me and says, "someone left Matt a note inside my door." I said, "huh? what's it say?" She says, "hold on, i'll read it to you."

"I'm sorry to inconvenience you, but could you please move your truck. The contents do not smell that good.
Thank you."

So I call Matt on the cell, and say, "that truck you have down my mom's house, what's in it?" He says, "i have old grass in the back.' I said, "you idiot, why'd you do that? Someone left my mom a note in her door, and they want the truck moved." He says, "you're kidding me, it's not even in front of anyones house' I said, "well, you are moving it today, I don't want people thinking i'm part of that." He says, "aawww Jodi, you know how busy I've been, I just haven't had time." I said, 'well whatever, just get it cleaned out today.
Well he just stopped home now and said, "give me a bottle of that lemon PineSol, I'm gonna make it smell real lemony for these people. and btw, I would have respected them more if they would have signed their name."

So the deed has been done, grass is now cleared out of there, and all is well in the neighborhood.

Anyhow else ever leave grass in their bed too long and have someone complain? :hammerhead:

PLM-1
08-16-2007, 06:41 PM
I leave it in mine all the time. Doesn't stink THAT bad. If it's parked in the street, tuff luck!

windsory
08-16-2007, 06:42 PM
I have an LCO friend who works part time at Lowe's. One of the fast food restaurants next door holds a car show in their parking lot every saturday night. The show has grown steadily over the years and the cars are now invading the Lowe's parking lot and have refused to move. My friend had, without realizing it, parked his truck (with a full load of day-old grass) right next to the car show.

One of the organizers of the show rudely complained about his stinking truck, demanding it be moved. Hoping to rid the cars from his store's parking lot, my friend now loads his truck to the brim with rotting grass and parks it right at the edge of the parking lot for all the show-goers to smell.

IN2MOWN
08-16-2007, 06:55 PM
My wife complains all the time about it.

I like the smell of it.

JG Landscaping
08-16-2007, 07:04 PM
If you let it sit long enough it doesn't stink anymore...:laugh:

sweatyclippingcoveredguy
08-16-2007, 07:07 PM
If you let it sit even longer it will catch on fire... Cool!!!

KTO Enterprises
08-16-2007, 07:18 PM
If you let it sit even longer it will catch on fire... Cool!!!

Yeah I set the woods on fire the otherday while bush hogging. I was doing a bunch of lots inside a residential neighbor hood. And I seemed to discover that if someone lives next to an empty lot they think they have the right to go dumping their yard debris on the empty lots that do not belong to them.

Well i ran over a huge pile of grass clippings and look back and its smoldering. All of a sudden flames start to appear. I guess it had been getting nice and hot since its been in the 100s with the heat index so when I hit the grass clippings it turned them over and the hot stuff got some nice oxygen and started burning.

Last I heard from the POA the owner of the home got a fine for 5,000 for illegal dumping.

Just for all of you who may dump clippings onto property that doesnt beling to the people you cut for.

ATVracer
08-16-2007, 09:05 PM
Grass clippings get hot and smell just like pig "s**t" if left in the right place for long enough. I finally cleaned my grass out last week and the containers still have a hint of it.

prizeprop
08-16-2007, 09:28 PM
Worse part is when it rains on it,then sits in the sun.You get that brown juice that drips out.Get it on your hand and youll smell like it for days.And the flies just are attracted to it.

Petr51488
08-16-2007, 09:52 PM
Worse part is when it rains on it,then sits in the sun.You get that brown juice that drips out.Get it on your hand and youll smell like it for days.And the flies just are attracted to it.

Hah, that's the worst!

Mrs. H
08-16-2007, 09:59 PM
Add some apple cores and a little moisture and you can fast cook some nice compost.

(It will probably smell worse for a while though!)

tallimeca
08-17-2007, 09:33 AM
when guys bring their machines in for repair with the bags full of grass on a friday afternoon.

I open the warehouse door on monday morning and ......................;)

STRINGALATION
08-17-2007, 01:02 PM
nebeee to newbees dont do this with a wooden deck trailer
stepped in to get mower step through and almost gashed my leg seriously.
i geuess thats ok in those metal trucks but it ate the wood of my trailer

i'm a little neater now dont let little bundles of much sit in the corner things like that

Branchland
08-17-2007, 02:09 PM
We have one account that we have to haul the clipping away from. It's done on Mondays. Fills the bed of the truck up. On Wensdays I'm doing a route that puts me real close to the landfill so I dump it then. It's starting to stink pretty bad by then. I did wait until Friday one time, I won't do that again. I had a swarm of flies everywhere I went.

PLM-1
08-17-2007, 04:05 PM
How does everybody get the grass out of their truck? I've been looking for a good way, without having a dump insert.

grandview (2006)
08-17-2007, 04:12 PM
How bad can this smell in a week?

Petr51488
08-17-2007, 05:03 PM
How bad can this smell in a week?

I knew it smells like hell when i have that, but with an 8 foot bed. Best part is shoveling it out of the bed at the dump.

Lazer_Z
08-17-2007, 08:32 PM
I knew it smells like hell when i have that, but with an 8 foot bed. Best part is shoveling it out of the bed at the dump. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That's the best lol. Want an easy solution? fire up your BP and go to town.

I agree with the guy who said it smells like sh*t, for a few months now I've been helping a fellow contractor out and he has to bag 99% of his properties and when the tepms were in the 100* range and we'd get a little pop up storm it would start to wreak. Also the "grass juice" is as bad if not worse than the

Robgrass.

Petr51488
08-17-2007, 10:03 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That's the best lol. Want an easy solution? fire up your BP and go to town.

Robgrass.

That won't work too well. That stuff is so heavy, it would take 3x as long to blow it out, plus clippings would be flying all over you. It takes 2 guys about 15 minutes to rake it out.

lawnguy001
08-17-2007, 10:29 PM
I want to know how ANY LCO can go on vacation in Aug. ? What's your secret ?
WKT

Turfdude
08-17-2007, 11:09 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That's the best lol. Want an easy solution? fire up your BP and go to town.

I agree with the guy who said it smells like sh*t, for a few months now I've been helping a fellow contractor out and he has to bag 99% of his properties and when the tepms were in the 100* range and we'd get a little pop up storm it would start to wreak. Also the "grass juice" is as bad if not worse than the

Robgrass.

Rob, Get a dump, loadhandler, or use a tarp at the bottom of your truck. BTW - is that phaser from JR??

S.A.L.
08-17-2007, 11:17 PM
I like the smell of it too.
The gravy run-off makes me hungry!

Lazer_Z
08-18-2007, 04:43 PM
Rob, Get a dump, loadhandler, or use a tarp at the bottom of your truck. BTW - is that phaser from JR?? It's not me that bag's, well I bag 3 in Oaklyn that's it and yep that's my baby Lazer from Laurel. I also went ahead and bought an Accelerator GCEX for it + the dust kit for the catcher.

Rob