PDA

View Full Version : Bobcat mini track loader Vs. Toro Dingo

me1223
08-16-2007, 06:03 PM
Which of these two pieces of equipment are better?

Toro Dingo TX525
http://www.toro.ca/intl/ca_en/professional/images/dg22319_34l_bucket_192703_lg.jpg

Bobcat MT55
http://www.wordteks.com/bobcat/img/mtl_main.jpg

Is there a large difference in price?
Is one more dependable than the other?

Who has one of these two? What do you like about it, what don't you like about it?

tnmtn
08-16-2007, 07:01 PM
i have no experiance with either model but do own a tx 425 dingo. i'm not sure i would like the wheel dragging the ground on the riders stand w/ the bobcat. i am very happy with the dingo.
good luck

Birdjr
08-16-2007, 08:27 PM
I have used the new mt52 a few times.It has good power for digging and grading. I just dont like there dump height reach. Its a strong little machine i think its around the same price as the toro.I think the bobcat attachemnts r a lil more money to buy and u can only run bobcat attachements.

Grn Mtn
08-16-2007, 08:50 PM
if you haven't seen this thread it is a must read for you:

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=93903&page=55

over the 55 pages so far there must be 25 reviews, tons of pictures, advice, equip options, etc. It is really worth skimming through.

Fordsuvparts
08-16-2007, 10:31 PM
We have the Toro TX425 and we love it, we got it with pallet forks, the hyrdaulic forks, auger with 3 bits the land leveler and bucket.

smalley360
08-17-2007, 05:22 AM
I have an ASV RC-30. I thought about the machines listed above but wanted more of a track loader. Has anyone had any experience with these machines vs the RC-30? Are they that much cheaper? I don't mean to hijack the thread but I too am interested in these machines since I have no experience with them but am curious about the comprison to the ASV. My business is getting busier and I'm looking to expand. I don't know if I should get another ASV or go to a ride on/walk behind since I already have the RC-30.

Digdeep
08-17-2007, 09:54 AM
I own an RC50, but I've rented all three, Dingo, Bobcat, and RC30. The RC30was far more productive when it came to moving material, digging, site prepping, etc. based on the ground speed (7mph) and traction. It would also allow you to work when the weather is poor, rain and snow, and cold since it has the option of cab with heater. In some applications it may be too wide (it's 48 inches) and this is where the Dingo and Bobcat may suit your needs better. Good luck.

Grn Mtn
08-17-2007, 12:18 PM
I have not used the RC30/50 but I have used numerous skidsteers and the mini's have a major advantage in sight, especially the ride on platform type.

Digdeep
08-17-2007, 03:11 PM
I thought that all 3 units (Dingo, Bobcat, and RC30) had good visibility. I think the big consideration will come down to whether 48" is narrow enough for the jobsites you plan on using it in.

smalley360
08-17-2007, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the comparison. This is great information. My business is in the compact equipment market. "I go where the big machines can't!" is my slogan. The RC-30 goes almost anywhere but yes there are a few gates I can't get through. This is where I might invest in getting one of the other machines above. Are the other units stable when loading on uneven terrain? The 30 really is efficient, I can ride piles of dirt down the hill when cutting a crown on steep terrain and still be able to back up the hill. The 30 is a little front heavy and could use another 250 or so pounds on the back side but i'm planning on building a platform to add weight that attaches to the hitch.

Digdeep
08-17-2007, 04:47 PM
I've actually seen a few around here that had a counterweight on the back of them, but I dont know if ASV sold them, or the dealer provided it. I looked really hard at buying one when I left the bobcat dealer, but I needed something that would load a truck so I bought the RC50. It has been a great machine for me.

tallrick
08-17-2007, 05:34 PM
I have used the 425 Dingo as well as the RC-30 and have a personal preference. Standing up on a fold out platform or walking on the dirt you are digging just doesn't compare to a nice seat in the machine. Most jobs we did had either a chain link fence or wide enough gates for the RC-30 and those that did not were to small to require a machine anyway. You have more power, better controls and a smoother ride with the RC-30, it's my choice.

Lawnworks
08-17-2007, 05:52 PM
I had an rc30 and sold it for a dingo. I currently have a dingo 425 and a cat 248. This is a perfect fit for me. I can't really justify a large track loader, so b/t my two machines I can handle just about anything.

Coghlin
01-12-2008, 10:09 PM
I had an MT55 for three years. Stay as far away from Bobcat as possible unless you like your machine being in the shop more than it is working. THey have some serious design issues and they aren't forthcoming in fixing them. It took me two years to finally sell my machine because no dealer of any kind except Bobcat would take it on trade due to their reputation.

I have used the RC-30 quite a bit and the RC-50/60. I was going to buy the RC-30 until I demoed it at a jobsite. My neck got too sore and it was too nerve wracking because I generally work alone in residentials. Little kids are everywhere and it would be too much of a liability. I decided to look for another mini track loader with a stand or ride-on platform.

I am now down to the SK650 and the TX525. I have eliminated all the other mini skids for various reasons. I want something that is reliable with a good track design and similar power to my MT55. I am demoing both machines this week. I am leaning towards the TX525. I like the engineering on it a little better. Better access for maintenance, a lot of hard lines for the hydraulics instead of rubber, far superior track design with internal wide sprocket(no holes) and more turf friendly (DW is an after thought turf track), One hand driving control (no twin sticks) and they claim all the steel is high tensile no mild steel and that is why it is lighter. But I think the SK650 has a power advantage and the lift height would be nice but not a deal breaker. As long as the TX525 has similar power and lift capacity I think I will go that way. Toro also says their warranty includes loaners and on-site pickup and delivery with 3 years standard on motor. I like that. I spent more money on renting an MT52 while mine was in the shop than I did paying for it.

Sorry for the rambling.

Vermeer
01-15-2008, 02:29 PM
Coghlin,
Where in Canada are you from? Have you looked at Vermeer?
http://www.vermeer.com/vcom/CompactEquipment/Model.jsp?PrdlnID=47717&ModID=56685

Coghlin
01-15-2008, 05:36 PM
Yes, I don't want to tell you the Vermeer dealer but he admitted to it not having enough power to compete and from all my research it seems to confirm this. The MT55's power is my minimum requirement. ALso the Vermeer machine that I looked at at the dealers looked like it had a thousand hours on it but it only had 25. WHen I questioned if they had replaced the gauge and they said no, it just was stored outside. The track design is also similar to my MT55 and they wear fast. I like the grease zerks, the platform and general layout of the machine though.

dirtybiz
01-16-2008, 03:28 PM
We have had a Bobcat MT55 for almost 3 years now and it has been a pretty good machine (aside from two leaky fuel tanks shortly after new). We have about 500 hours on it and have done nothing but general maintenance to it and a new batter last spring.

However i was talking to toro rep last week, and he was explaining that the dingos have 4 hydrualic pumps (one for each track, one for loader, and one for aux. (attachment)) which should be far superior to the one on the mt55. This way you still have full hydraulic power to both tracks and attachment being run. My mt55 gets a workout trying to run tracks and pipe puller sometimes in hard ground conditions. Just my .02. We are gonna try a toro 525 come spring just to compare, we are not really in the market for a mini right now though! Hopefully we don't like it to much.