PDA

View Full Version : Who really wants to buy some accounts

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
08-16-2007, 07:40 PM
A guy I know that also mows stopped me at a yard I was doing and tells me he thinks he's gonna sell his business since he just had a baby and his wife is the bread winner he has to stay home. He starts telling me about his accounts, mostly $40 & $50 with one $80 and one $120, 24 yards total. Some weekly some bi weekly and a some are on contracts some not. He has some equip, best piece is a gravely 34Z thats one year old (I value his equip at maybe $7,500 MAX). He tells me he thinks he can let it ALL go for $50K.
He's a nice guy, but after hearing all this I think he's nuts. I always thought you only pay 1 1/2 months worth for an account. Am I wrong? What do accounts usually go for? If he's right my bus should be worth $100K:laugh:

PearceLawn
08-16-2007, 07:49 PM
When you "sell" an account, are you just selling a name and address or is there more to it than that?

deereequipment
08-17-2007, 10:02 PM
What I think is fair: If I was to sell, and if someone came in and bought all my equipment at a fair price, I would throw in the customer list with addresses, phone number, and prices.