PDA

View Full Version : Echo PB251 blower

fritowrdo
08-16-2007, 11:51 PM
My Crapsman/Poulan blower died this summer and it is time to replace it before fall arrives.

I am thinking of the Echo PB251 hand held blower due to the good luck of my current Echo SRM210 trimmer and the support of my dealer.

If the performance matches the old Crapsman, I will be happy. I use it mostly for grass clippings from edging and mowing and some cleaing of my mowing equipment. Fall clean up is not too bad since I blow the leaves several times.

Anyone good or bad reviews of that unit before I take one for a test drive?

Or should I go big and get a back pack unit?

nmurph
08-17-2007, 08:48 AM
take a look at the stihl bg 85 before you buy.

Capemay Eagle
08-17-2007, 02:55 PM
I have the same one and I really like it. I mainly just use for a quick little clean ups, just easier than suiting up the back pack. I am planning next next spring to replace my back pack with the echo pb 620 or the pb 751..

fritowrdo
08-17-2007, 10:13 PM
I have the same one and I really like it. I mainly just use for a quick little clean ups, just easier than suiting up the back pack. I am planning next next spring to replace my back pack with the echo pb 620 or the pb 751..

That is mostly what I will use it for, just the little stuff. Probably only 10 minutes per week of use.

josh1981
08-20-2007, 11:14 PM
stihl sh85 blower/vac. I have one. stihl is the most reliable and can take a good beating. can blow those leaves and grass clippings of very quick!

fritowrdo
09-05-2007, 12:05 AM

I plan on picking this unit up this weekend and my dealer said that i would notice a huge difference in blowing power after a couple hours of use. Did you notice the same?

Wooderson
09-13-2007, 09:25 PM
Well, you probably have it by now. For what it's worth I picked one up a few weeks ago too and my dealer told me the same thing about the blowing power picking up over time. So far, I would tend to agree. I don't have even a few hours on mine yet, but it does seem to get up to speed quicker and blow harder each time I've used it.

fritowrdo
09-13-2007, 09:52 PM
I picked it up last Friday. It starts easy, two pulls, and warms up fast compared to my SRM210.

I like the throttle control and the cruise too, easy to work with.

It is also pretty quiet compared to my old unit which is nice for the neighbors.