PDA

View Full Version : Is the truck full?

lawnman_scott
08-17-2007, 12:09 AM
The new guy kept asking if it was full enough yet. We pay a flat rate at the dump, plus the time to get there. So, no it isnt f'n full yet.......... It got there though.

fitzg2md
08-17-2007, 12:43 AM
hahaha...just do a lap at 70 mph on the highway and forget about the dump altogether!:laugh:

Here if your load isnt covered they wont even let you i the gate of the landfill! PITA

LindblomRJ
08-17-2007, 12:59 AM
Dang. I have come almost close to that more than once.

swingset
08-17-2007, 01:00 AM
Unless the tires are rubbing on the wheel wells, it's not full.

Americal Vet
08-17-2007, 01:01 AM
The new guy kept asking if it was full enough yet. We pay a flat rate at the dump, plus the time to get there. So, no it isnt f'n full yet.......... It got there though.

That must be the new guy's shirt draped over the pass side window...:laugh: must have worked his arse off:laugh:

causalitist
08-17-2007, 02:13 AM
ya! i've been there.. truck and trailer so full, even though its strapped down
we have to stop every couple blocks to keep it from falling over, tighten the straps lol ..

Mow Mony
08-17-2007, 03:21 AM
safety first, I think not...hope I dont have to follow you down the highway when your on your way to the dump...

nice loading job though.

fiveoboy01
08-17-2007, 05:10 AM
I agree... Tie that stuff down!

LawnScapers of Dayton
08-17-2007, 05:19 AM
in Ohio that is illegal.....the load cannot overflow the trailer or truck.....

Big M LawnnSnow
08-17-2007, 06:32 AM
Maybe one more branch will do it.

lawnman_scott
08-17-2007, 06:41 AM
safety first, I think not...hope I dont have to follow you down the highway when your on your way to the dump...

nice loading job though.There are actually 2 ratchet straps on it crisscossed from front to back. We only had to go about a mile to the dump anyway and probably only hit 30-35 the whole way. It was a nice job of loading wasnt it? Not by me, but a nice job. I stayed as far away as I could get.

rodfather
08-17-2007, 07:58 AM
I'd be careful of overpasses :laugh:

grandview (2006)
08-17-2007, 08:46 AM
This must be your crew following you!

STRINGALATION
08-17-2007, 01:08 PM
question
drying the shirt (sweat)
blocking the sun (shade)
airing the shirt (funky)

deere615
08-17-2007, 08:49 PM
WOW thats a load! I bet the dump don't like you too much lol.

jeremy067390
08-17-2007, 09:27 PM
dot fine is like 10 bucks or a hundred bucks per pound, youll get in serious poo poo you get nabbed

Supper Grassy
08-17-2007, 09:43 PM
Nice loading job

lawnman_scott
08-17-2007, 11:27 PM
dot fine is like 10 bucks or a hundred bucks per pound, youll get in serious poo poo you get nabbedwhat would they fine me for? Not tarping down? The dot are like nfl drug tests. They all swarm an area, and everyone knows it is happening, then they are gone for a year.

ccondie
08-17-2007, 11:44 PM
come on you can get some more on there.

lawnman_scott
08-24-2007, 12:50 AM
Well, the new guy is now the old guy. He quit, couldnt take it. This is from today. The redneck tree guys at the dump were amazed we got that much on the truck. And I am happy to say we didnt lose a single thing on the way.

Ramairfreak98ss
08-24-2007, 02:06 AM
lol damn, and i thought i had some big stuff in the back before haha. awesome.

Just floor it up to 90mph and half will loose it before the dump anyway :p

weebleswobble
11-10-2007, 03:05 PM
Whats Up!! Igot a tree job for the weekend I bid it at 65 i could have got 90 but I wanted to make sure I got IT
Whats up

packey
11-10-2007, 04:41 PM
next time through some side boards on and you can stack another 3 feet on the truck.:laugh: :walking: :walking:

JayD
11-10-2007, 04:42 PM
This must be your crew following you!

LOL.........:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

gilatplc
11-10-2007, 07:32 PM
Florida and DOT they just don't go together, the DOT bother's truckers all the time and never look twice at landscapers. I think they should for obvious reasons but hay, for as long as I can fit 10 ton's of sh@#$ in to my dump truck I'm going to keep on truckin, LOL

But on a serous note, who in Florida charges a flat dumping rate???? I sure would like to know!!!!

rob7233
11-10-2007, 07:45 PM
I was going to say to tell the FNG that the load is ready after he climbs on top of the pile to push it down. But it seems your FNG is now gone anyway. Mission accomplished. He didn't sound too bright anyway.. ;)

DuraCutter
11-10-2007, 11:58 PM

:dizzy:

It would cost next to nothing to put plywood sides on the truck...

DuraCutter
11-11-2007, 12:00 AM
Whats Up!! Igot a tree job for the weekend I bid it at 65 i could have got 90 but I wanted to make sure I got IT
Whats up

Wow, that is dangerous logic.

What if one day you have to bid $10 to get it... Well, I guess it beats a job at mcdonalds. :laugh:

LawnGuy73
11-13-2007, 09:14 AM
Because of stupid sh*t like this, you are the reason that we need commercial vehicle laws. :rolleyes:

Willofalltrades
11-13-2007, 08:09 PM
Haha I'll start the war... Bet a Chevy can't do that lol

packey
11-13-2007, 08:41 PM
I do not know about a chev but i know my dodge will do it if it would not I would fire it:laugh:

deere615
11-13-2007, 09:43 PM
Haha I'll start the war... Bet a Chevy can't do that lol

I bet you it could!:laugh:

verant
11-13-2007, 09:47 PM
in Ohio that is illegal.....the load cannot overflow the trailer or truck.....

that's too bad :laugh:

verant
11-13-2007, 09:50 PM
Because of stupid sh*t like this, you are the reason that we need commercial vehicle laws. :rolleyes:

what are some of these laws?

ATL Lawn
11-15-2007, 07:41 AM
NO WAY, i would drive that truck...

i would quit...

MarcSmith
11-15-2007, 08:57 AM
got busted in orlando for a no tarpped load. it was hundred bucks.... In FL the law is Tarpped, not just tied down....

d&rlawncare
11-15-2007, 08:59 AM

Thank you...

As a DOT inspector, I would have loved to seen you that day. I let alot of landscapers and mowing guys go just because most of them do not know they need DOT medical card/fir ext/ and so on. but when I see something like this going down the road. I just smile.. And for 2 reasons.

1) your being CHEAP at the expense of public safety. CHARGE the homeowner for the 2-3 trips that it will take you...GOSH DARN IT...you will make more money.

2)That $10 trip to the dump just cost you... fail to tarp $175/2 points and whatever else I can find...medical card/no carrier id/no fire ext/no warn triangle etc etc. By the way all stuff I would NORMALLY give warnings on the first time.

thanks for the picture..ill add it to my

JB1
11-15-2007, 09:09 AM
YA know it looks like you could have went a little higher,got room on the cab roof.

JB1
11-15-2007, 09:13 AM
Thank you...

As a DOT inspector, I would have loved to seen you that day. I let alot of landscapers and mowing guys go just because most of them do not know they need DOT medical card/fir ext/ and so on. but when I see something like this going down the road. I just smile.. And for 2 reasons.

1) your being CHEAP at the expense of public safety. CHARGE the homeowner for the 2-3 trips that it will take you...GOSH DARN IT...you will make more money.

2)That $10 trip to the dump just cost you... fail to tarp $175/2 points and whatever else I can find...medical card/no carrier id/no fire ext/no warn triangle etc etc. By the way all stuff I would NORMALLY give warnings on the first time.

yeah you just write your tickets, thats why you donate to the prosecutors election fund. :cool2:

MarcSmith
11-15-2007, 09:36 AM
yeah you just write your tickets, thats why you donate to the prosecutors election fund. :cool2:

you can't have it both ways. You cant expect the scrubs/flybynighters/kids/ect to be legal and law biding pay taxes, ect, but yet complain when the Man is enforcing the very laws we expect others to follow.

The day I got my ticket....I was pissed, but I was pissed more at myself since I left the tarp in the trailer when I took the truck to get some mulch...

LushGreenLawn
11-15-2007, 09:52 AM
Thank you...

Are you a DOT Inspector and a Lawn Care Operator? If so I would have argued in court that a DOT Inspector/Lawncare operator pulling over another Lawncare Operator and fining him is a gross conflict of interest, and my charges would have been dropped.

I Did the same thing when I was pulled over by a police officer who happened to mention he mowed grass on the side pulled me over. Won in court, and the police officer no longer mows grass "on the side"

verant
11-15-2007, 02:40 PM
Thank you...

who cares about DOT inspectors, really. who bothers putting that stuff on their truck. some people don't even have or know their DOT number. not everyone works full time either. some, like myself just do it as their going through school. not all the businesses are "registered" :laugh:

topsites
11-15-2007, 03:40 PM
Look, I'm with you that you can forget about the DOT but
think of yourself and your image, that looks so Sandford and Son.
Little frustrates me worse than folks who act like I must be Mr. Sandford, to a point I do understand and I'm not innocent either...
But you got such a nice truck there, why spoil that image?

Now I see you got a perfectly useful trailer hitched, I can't see the size or configuration but you probably couldn't use it for all that dang equipment getting hauled around... Way I do things with these load jobs is I leave anything I don't need at home, then I load the now empty trailer with the brush, then I tarp it completely over and secure with steel spring clips (it's the fastest way, much better than rope too)... I can fit 2-3 if not 4 times that p-up load on one trailer, now I only make 1 trip to the dump, then with the time I save not having to do all that driving I run back home afterwards and reload the stuff I need for the rest of the day.
Whether it's cheaper I couldn't tell you, but it doesn't cost more, time wise it's very effective, same on fuel.

Just something I learned one day after I lost a considerable amount of debris on a road someplace, I got lucky and nothing came of it, but that was the last time I didn't tarp my load.

cborden
11-15-2007, 03:46 PM
who cares about DOT inspectors, really. who bothers putting that stuff on their truck. some people don't even have or know their DOT number. not everyone works full time either. some, like myself just do it as their going through school. not all the businesses are "registered" :laugh:

Reason like this is why we have DOT inspectors / inspections and it is just going to get to be more stringent in the future. This is a profession, be a professional.

LushGreenLawn
11-15-2007, 04:21 PM

Kindof like the same way some people don't get business licenses or pay taxes. Even if you are doing this part time, you need to be registered.

lawnman_scott
11-15-2007, 08:01 PM
Thank you...

thanks for the picture..ill add it to myI didnt know the pic was so good you could see whats in the truck and my wallet. Are you entirely sure I need the medical card if I am within 50 miles of home? I do have the class A CDL if that helps. And besides the DOT only bothers with big trucks anyway.

It was a commercial account so I couldnt charge the homeowner more. Just regular stuff included in the price, and guess what, I did it again today, same stuff as the last time even. Made it no prob.

JB1
11-15-2007, 08:03 PM
I didnt know the pic was so good you could see whats in the truck and my wallet. Are you entirely sure I need the medical card if I am within 50 miles of home? I do have the class A CDL if that helps. And besides the DOT only bothers with big trucks anyway.

It was a commercial account so I couldnt charge the homeowner more. Just regular stuff included in the price, and guess what, I did it again today, same stuff as the last time even. Made it no prob.

still think you could have got more on. :waving:

PerfectEarth
11-15-2007, 08:16 PM
Get a bigger truck so you can SAFELY do the work you need to do. You're being irresponsible with a truck loaded like that- OH, but you're just gonna joke about it. I laugh (nervously) when I see a guy loaded like that. It is unprofessional.

And have some respect for the DOT stuff. Some of these comments are disheartening. The laws are there for a reason. I have had a few conversations with the Vehicle Enforcement guys here in KY and they are nice if you ask questions and try to comply. It's not that hard. You're making the roads safer for everyone. DOT cops told me they see horrible wrecks everyday due to guys overloaded and not loaded properly.

Your time will come. Something bad will happen if you keep it up.

RedWingsDet
11-15-2007, 09:33 PM
Wow, why couldnt you just spend the extra $60 (or do you really want that $500 fine) and build some sideboards for your truck. I built sideboards on mine and can hold 9 yards in my truck without overflowing and without being overweight, and 13 yards in my other truck.

Anyway, I hope no state troopers for dot doesnt get behind you when you leave, here debris has to be below 2 or 3" from the top of the sideboards/bed.

mattfromNY
11-15-2007, 10:09 PM
If you put sides on that monster you can fit much more in it, so you wont have branches hanging out all over the place. :dizzy:

lawnman_scott
11-16-2007, 04:49 PM
Get a bigger truck so you can SAFELY do the work you need to do. You're being irresponsible with a truck loaded like that- OH, but you're just gonna joke about it. I laugh (nervously) when I see a guy loaded like that. It is unprofessional.

And have some respect for the DOT stuff. Some of these comments are disheartening. The laws are there for a reason. I have had a few conversations with the Vehicle Enforcement guys here in KY and they are nice if you ask questions and try to comply. It's not that hard. You're making the roads safer for everyone. DOT cops told me they see horrible wrecks everyday due to guys overloaded and not loaded properly.

Your time will come. Something bad will happen if you keep it up.You do realize it has 3 straps on it right? Nothing on that load was going anywhere. The mirrors are not blocked and the load is strapped down being driven by a guy whit a cdl class A. What more do you want?

But dont let the dot fool you, its all about the money. Look into a bigger company that has "examinors" come to their shop to test new guys for their cdl. They did this when I worked at coke and pepsi. Want to know how many could drive good? about 1/2. Know how many failed? None, not ever. Its just another govt run scam/middle class tax hike. I bet some 12 y/o farmer kids can drive and back up better than most of these guys that were being tested.

drumbo
11-16-2007, 05:20 PM
We always punish people for what MIGHT happen. Like a "pre-crime"...ie Tickets.
Before all you people rant about DUI/DWI/etc, think about it...if we focused less on "catching" them and just allowed the next-of-kin to decide the punishment, you would have DUI/DWI/etc drop to almost none the next week. Let me get my hands on a guy who runs over my family while drunk...
Give me Liberty or give me Death!....or Give me Liberty, or I'll get up and get it myself! LOL

In other words...Stack up that truck! BUT don't drop a thing!

MarcSmith
11-16-2007, 07:42 PM
You do realize it has 3 straps on it right?

But in florida, its a state law to have all loose loads tarped.

lawnman_scott
11-16-2007, 10:18 PM
But in florida, its a state law to have all loose loads tarped.Yeah but its not enforced. Oral sex is illegal too. Is that why you moved? It didnt need a tarp, a tarp is good for leaves, not big stuff. I did it right. Could have bungie corded a tarp up there, but I was more concerned with the load not coming out, not some law designed for dumptrucks hauling gravel.

GravelyNut
11-16-2007, 11:33 PM
Yeah but its not enforced. Oral sex is illegal too. Is that why you moved? It didnt need a tarp, a tarp is good for leaves, not big stuff. I did it right. Could have bungie corded a tarp up there, but I was more concerned with the load not coming out, not some law designed for dumptrucks hauling gravel.

It may not be enforced in your neck of the woods, but it is here. Load must be fully inside the bed. Extension height sides are allowed for more load. They ticket for damaged/improper tarps also. That law also is for trucks hauling trash or debris. The law was designed to prevent damage and death to other drivers caused by flying objects. Just tying down does not prevent that, tying and tarping properly does.

And yes, I do have a CDL.

T Total Lawncare
11-17-2007, 01:51 PM
Try hauling a load like that around here and you are just begging for litigation. You might make it to the dump a 100 times but all it takes is just one car load of welfare recipients to make a evasive maneuver to dodge a piece of debris and your finished. They will be set up for life with a nice settlement, and you will be scratching your head figuring why you were trying to save a few bucks.

I might write you a 100 dollar ticket but it could save you and your insurance company a million. Trust me Geico won't be able to help you on that one.

South Florida Lawns
07-07-2008, 12:39 AM
Everyone needs to chill, we here in Florida see a lot worse stuff that goes on down the roads round here. Thats actually loaded really good. One time I saw DOT pulling over about 10 trucks in my area for almost anything. You never see DOT, I had to take pictures when at the light to show my friends:laugh: Glad all my crap is rolling around in my enclosed trailer so I can't get busted!

2stroke
07-07-2008, 01:13 AM
way to bring up an old post.

jaybird24
07-07-2008, 01:26 AM
How in the H#$@ do these old post find their way back?

MarcSmith
07-07-2008, 11:16 AM
Its kinda like the old girlf freind who wont leave you alone. every 6 months or so, you get comfortable and you are thinking, "she's finally gone" she pops back into your life to make you miserable once again.

Maybe they ought to have a rule...if you bring back a post from more than 6 months ago, your post count drops back to zero....unless you are bringing back the post for a good reason...

South Florida Lawns
07-23-2008, 06:45 PM
I just found this post and smiled cuz I knew the yanks would throw a fit. This is common in Florida, people do it all the time. I haul loads just like that at least 1 day a week to the dump, maybe not as big cuz of my 1/2 ton. Its pretty laid back here.

SNAPPER MAN
07-23-2008, 08:17 PM
DOT never pulls over landscapers in texas because they know that 99% of the employees are illegals and that they dont have drivers licenses. Plus yall dont know what overloaded is. I was in my Ford F-150 and i had a palet of moss rock in the bed and 5 yards of mulch in the trailer. That was overloaded.

Ramairfreak98ss
07-23-2008, 09:29 PM
http://image65.webshots.com/765/7/63/23/2928763230036233031QOruip_ph.jpg
THATS FULL

Cant believe they let em leave the scales like this. Ive seen this all year, joeshmoe landscapers with open flat trailers carrying loose soils, mulch, sand, stone etc.

Make a turn at an intersection and it goes pouring off the sides :nono:

local cop pulled one guy over, i was like GODDAM FINALLY, do your frekkin jobs and pull them all over
http://inlinethumb16.webshots.com/39887/2928763230036233031S600x600Q85.jpg