PDA

View Full Version : Job Estimate

BCnj
08-17-2007, 12:49 AM
I need some answers from you guys a customer wants all there beds clean out meaning the black mulch thats on the beds and weeds and also wants it edge and top off with weed screen and mulch. the sq. ft. of this is 355 sq. ft. and 60 inches. can some of you guys give me a couple of etimates on this kind of work ripping away the old mulch, weeds, putting down weed screen, and new mulch cost. thanks:cool2:

Smallaxe
08-17-2007, 08:20 AM
Can you back your truck up to the beds? If you fork up the mulch will the weeds come with it? How easy will the new screen go down?Lots of cutting etc.? How quick can the new mulch be put down? Again, are we talking wheelbarrows?
One man - one day cleanup, then one man - -one day put down.
How much do you like to make per day?

LB1234
08-17-2007, 10:44 AM
100 dollars

BCnj
08-17-2007, 11:47 AM
How mulch would you charge to take away the existing mulch , including the weeds a couple of dead shrubs 7 of those once again how much would you charge i gave the sq. ft. does that work or is there another method of doing so???

Smallaxe
08-17-2007, 07:04 PM
5'W x 71'L Shouldn't take long IF: You can back the truck up and throw it on less than one load and the weeds come right along. The 7 shrubs are done in less than 10 minutes each. Roll out a couple rows of fabric and have the truck make 2 separate dumps of the mulch and rake out. Less than 5 hours? Plus dumping time? OR: Will you have to weed before you clear the mulch? Put it on tarps and carry to the truck? Perhaps 2 loads to haul away? I am old so I would shoot for 2 five hour days and take the time to make it look nice with no damage to the lawn. $250 or $300 if the shrubs look bad plus the cost of mulch. More if it is a one time client.
I have a job that size right now only it is bringing in sand to the bottom of a hill, too steep to wheelbarrow. Estimating 3.5 yards minimum so will just bring in a 5yd load and still working on the method of transfer. Sq. footage really has no meaning if the job is just too tricky.
Definately an hourly rate on this one.