PDA

View Full Version : Account for every cent?

Timbo
08-17-2007, 02:03 PM
Do you account for every single cent you make in your books? If you do, how are you making money?

carcrz
08-17-2007, 05:20 PM
I work for it. How else would you make money?

Eric D
08-17-2007, 06:27 PM
Messing with the books to manipulate extra cash will bite you in the arss later down the road.:nono: Work for the money and keep it straight.:walking:

JMHO Eric D

Timbo
08-17-2007, 06:40 PM
I follow the rules also. Sometimes it gets a bit frustrating though.

P.Services
08-17-2007, 06:42 PM
make that check out to C. ash please !!

Grass Happens
08-17-2007, 10:42 PM
I'm pretty sure according to the law, it has to be close, like a few dollars close. Check with an accountant

topsites
08-18-2007, 12:31 AM
It's one thing if TurboTax won't let me deduct the cost of some things while it allows me to slip something else under the radar...
I believe this adds out in the long run, so long I play it straight, and I don't go out of my way to find these loopholes.

Best I can do beyond that is a continuous cost reduction program, always cost reduction, cost of living is included in this, not just company costs. My electric bill is down by 20-40 a month, same with groceries and many other things, all of this helps and adds up.
Hundreds of dollars can be saved, both in and around the house and on the road.

Because I have to live within, and really below my means. If I fail to do so, no matter how much I bring in, it's never enough. I've seen it, a guy earning 20g a year crying the blues about if he'd only made more... Come to find out he used to have a really great job earning 100g or so a year, and the most amazing thing was, he had the same farking money problem, never enough.
Amazing, I thought something has to be wrong, I later learned I was right.
Because this happens to every single individual who can not live within or below his or her means, that is the problem.

With that in mind it became easy to see how each case of living beyond, within, and below my means easily adds up to the same end result, either I make ends meet, or I don't, it almost doesn't matter how much I earn.

The worst part is sucking it up, and looking back at how many years passed by before this inevitable truth finally sunk in. :laugh:

americanlawn
09-16-2007, 06:51 PM
My bookkeeper (bonded) accounts for every single penny, and there are several reasons for this. If you cut corners (even a few cents), you probably will have to account for this sooner or later.

capelawncare.com
09-16-2007, 08:39 PM
I account for everything except cash, sometimes that gets misplaced

razor1
09-16-2007, 09:00 PM
I know an old retired LCO that didn't pay Uncle Sam enough, and he works for the county gov. now. :cry:
Sometimes you gotta give to receive. :nono: