PDA

View Full Version : Is Ryobi an ok brand?

stevenf
08-17-2007, 07:31 PM
noticed they are like $160.00 and have the same specs and warranty as the $260.00 echo model. Will it last me a few season??? Whats the rep on ryobi??

P.Services
08-17-2007, 07:39 PM
trash dont waste your money buy somthing good you will be happy you did

Grass Happens
08-18-2007, 12:02 AM
It may have the same specs, but does anyone do ryobi warranty work? and the quality is no where near the same. If you get it to last a month commercially, get on your knees and thank god.

newz7151
08-18-2007, 01:14 AM
It may have the same specs, but does anyone do ryobi warranty work? and the quality is no where near the same. If you get it to last a month commercially, get on your knees and thank god.

"Ryobi"/Homelite does not carry any commercial warranty, and so thus there is no need for somebody to do warranty work.

Chilehead
08-18-2007, 01:22 AM
The stuff is garbage. In fact it is so bad, they should pay YOU to use it.

EngineeredLawns
08-20-2007, 12:49 PM
Old ones worked great. Had one that worked great for 9 years. Motor was shot so bought a new one, lasted 5 months and the shaft gets to hot to use. Went out and bought an echo.

Turfbarber
08-31-2007, 06:10 AM
The old saying applies, you get what you pay for.

SCAG POWER
08-31-2007, 07:14 AM
Go ahead and use it. The edging is the first thing that i point out to my new client , see that is just chewing a way your grass. Now i will give you a clean edge on this , O by the way I can take care of this now.:hammerhead:

lawnmowertech37
09-03-2007, 09:53 PM
"Ryobi"/Homelite does not carry any commercial warranty, and so thus there is no need for somebody to do warranty work.

hey grass happens and everyone ryobi can be ok to a certain point commercial use if someone had a few yards it may get you by but tons of yards it may be a wise choice to use a different brand such as echo or stihl even shindaiwa or red max will work for commercial grade me i am a ryobi warranty center along with poulan weedeater and homelite so i do warranty work on all them brands well been doing repair work for almost 20 years now oppps telling my age
but anyhow im new here to lawn site it would be nice to be welcomed here for a chance but im interesting in sponsoring a forum on here who do i need to talk too about this ?
calvin

Supper Grassy
09-03-2007, 10:34 PM

Homelite does have dealers that work on them

lawnmowertech37
09-03-2007, 10:41 PM
Homelite does have dealers that work on them

yea i know supper grassy i am one of them dealers :-) by the way you still need that SX135 fuel tank ?

Supper Grassy
09-03-2007, 10:45 PM
not sure what i am going to do yet

do you have a site?

lawnmowertech37
09-03-2007, 10:47 PM
not sure what i am going to do yet

do you have a site?

hehehe yes sir i do actually i was referred by parts tree on here to you i am deffintly not ebay lol and not m d but i happen to be the one in the yardbroom link

Supper Grassy
09-03-2007, 10:54 PM
hehehe yes sir i do actually i was referred by parts tree on here to you i am deffintly not ebay lol and not m d but i happen to be the one in the yardbroom link

ok cm
how can i email you? to talk about the fix on the trimmer?

lawnmowertech37
09-03-2007, 10:57 PM
ok cm
how can i email you? to talk about the fix on the trimmer?
if you clicked on that link on partstree forum and at the bottom left corner of the page is all the internal links contact us link is on there but the contact info is our contact info it shows you are a seniour member here how hard is it for me to get a forum sponsored forum that is ? who do i talk too

Supper Grassy
09-03-2007, 11:01 PM
This link will help the best

http://www.lawnsite.com/advertising.php

ON-THE-GREEN LANDSCAPING
09-03-2007, 11:12 PM
I Use Ryobi and never had one go bad on me I use Better atachments But my weedeters work fine heavy Gauge string and troy built atch. They been around for ever. I think people just like to use more expensive tools because there into the name brands. ....Not everyone makes 300000 a year buy what you can and use it till it dies.

lawnmowertech37
09-03-2007, 11:29 PM
I Use Ryobi and never had one go bad on me I use Better atachments But my weedeters work fine heavy Gauge string and troy built atch. They been around for ever. I think people just like to use more expensive tools because there into the name brands. ....Not everyone makes 300000 a year buy what you can and use it till it dies.

:-) yea i have to agree there on the 300000 .00 a year i dont even see that amount at all even in the repair business and yes ryobi outdates red max anyday they had ryobi back in the 80s not to mention homelite back in the 50s

ON-THE-GREEN LANDSCAPING
09-04-2007, 12:07 AM
wELL i'M NOT SAYING THAT STILLS NOT SOME BAD ARSS STUFF JUST I BUY WHAT A CAN PAY CASH FOR AND THERE FOR ALL MONEY GOES IN MY WALLET. pLUSS I USE IT EVERY DAY ..hELL I USED IT ON THIS JOB THAT WAS ALL HIGH WEEDS FOR 3 HRS STRAIGHT AND NEVER DIED SO ITS WORKING OK FOR ME.