PDA

View Full Version : HOT Sale at Better Outdoor!

GPDesign1
08-17-2007, 07:51 PM
Crazy from the HEAT Sale!

If there’s ever been a hotter Summer, I sure can’t remember it. And with prices like these, you might be inclined to think the crew at Better Outdoor has spent just a little too much time in the sun!

With our Crazy from the Heat Sale, we’re scorching the competition with RED-HOT features like hydrostatic drive and electric start Kawasaki engines! Quick mowers have become renowned for their easy handling compact and lightweight design. Now’s your chance to pick the model that’s perfect for your mowing job and to get it at a very special End-of-Season Price!

Save up to $600 on a fully-equipped Quick mower!
Get FREE Terminal Shipping on every Quick you order!
10% OFF on ALL Quick Accessories!

We realize there’s a lot of competition these days for your mowing equipment dollars. Better Outdoor is bringing our A-Game to let you know we’re hot for your business!

Have Fun & Be Cool!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Offer good on all 2007 Quick mowers (while supplies last)
Free Terminal Shipping good during promotional period only
Home Delivery available at an additional charge
Promotion subject to termination without notice
Prices and promotional offering good only in the Continental U.S.
When the '07’s are gone, they’re gone. No rain-checks, extensions or substitutions
Beat the coming 2008 increase-Prices will never be lower

jameson
08-17-2007, 08:56 PM
Took possession of a Q44 earlier this week and we've been cuttin' up a storm with her. I think BOP has yet another winner on their hands.

advanced irrigation
08-17-2007, 09:09 PM
what happened to the chute guard?:hammerhead:

jameson
08-17-2007, 09:23 PM
what happened to the chute guard?:hammerhead:

Eh. . . it has the nifty "quick release" mulch plate on. . . :waving:

P.S.: If the plate wasn't on, you'd see a torrent of grass exiting from the discharge chute. This is LIVE, baby. . . can you dig it?

razor1
08-17-2007, 09:51 PM
They do look solid.

Any tractors available? Where are they made? :confused:

ed2hess
08-17-2007, 10:48 PM
Eh. . . it has the nifty "quick release" mulch plate on. . . :waving:

P.S.: If the plate wasn't on, you'd see a torrent of grass exiting from the discharge chute. This is LIVE, baby. . . can you dig it?

Finally a simple plate removal.......give the engr credit......how do you adjust mow height?

Envy Lawn Service
08-17-2007, 11:46 PM
D@mn, that Quick 44 is mulching a lot of thick sappy grass.

I was already impressed with the Quick 44, and now I'm even more impressed.

BUCKEYE MOWING
08-17-2007, 11:50 PM

It's a sweet machine Envy ....maybe you need to add some BOP hardware to your collection ???

Matts lawn care
08-18-2007, 12:11 AM
Wow what a machine it cut that grass down in no time!

bare spot
08-18-2007, 12:22 AM
thems some nice pictures, very nice.

Jason Rose
08-18-2007, 12:28 AM
I'm impressed... Long story short Iv'e been debating on getting a WB mower, and I'm torn between a Lesco 48" hydro and a BQ 44". Iv'e compiled a list of "pros and cons" to each in my head... The freight charge was a "con" as well as having to buy a sulkey (I already have a single wheel velke for a Lesco) For either I would need a catcher, so that's a wash... Now they have free freight. This deal is getting more and more sealed. The 44" would fit a little better (bad pun) on the trailer and also might give me access through more gates than a 48".

Seeing the thing "in action" here really says a lot. I have no intentions of WALKING behind it, so the sulkey is a must. Just wish I knew how well they really did with them.

jameson
08-18-2007, 12:47 AM
how do you adjust mow height?

Pretty standard wb fare:

Pic #1: Adjust rear cutting height by loosening nut on both sides of deck. Ours our set at 3". Rarely is the back of the deck changed from 3".

Pic #2: Adjust front of deck by adding/removing spacers on caster forks. Each spacer represents 1/2" increment.

And always, I mean always, use Fluid Film! ROFL!

jameson
08-18-2007, 01:02 AM

Too be fair. . .

I wouldn't call that "mulching".

As you note, the grass was very wet, very thick and very lloonng (we were taking off about 2.5" - 3"); not ideal mulching conditions--at all!

I had the employee leave the mulch plate on, just to see how the Q44 would handle the conditions (keep in mind the very shallow deck of BOP products), and it certainly did better than I would have thought. The deck did need to be cleaned after the first cut--though the first cut itself, was fairly clean (I'm not sure the pics do it justice)--as it began puking green ooze and the engine began to bog.

However, in taking off only a 1/4" - to 1/2" of [dry] grass (mulching conditions), the mulch plate performed admirably.

Dunn's
08-18-2007, 01:20 AM
Is that you in the pics jameson or an employee?

jameson
08-18-2007, 01:33 AM
The 44" would fit a little better (bad pun) on the trailer and also might give me access through more gates than a 48".

The Q44 has [almost] the same freakishly small footprint of the Q36 (Pic #1).

Just wish I knew how well they really did with them.

We used it with the sulky--the BOP "Gen I" Step-Saver--today. I had concerns about the Q44" being to difficult to turn--as there is some muscle involved in turning a single hydro, however the employee who used it today was not put off at all--a lot of uphill, downhill on this lawn (he didn't even break a sweat--he kept his vest on the whole time).

jameson
08-18-2007, 01:34 AM
Is that you in the pics jameson or an employee?

Mr. Dunn -

I am the man behind the camera.

lawncare18
08-18-2007, 10:36 AM
Green Grass... man how much rain do you guys get... its is bone dry here.. my quick is sitting its so dry.. send some rain!!!! Must be a busy year for you guys from the looks of it???

Dunn's
08-18-2007, 11:42 AM
I was just thinking if that was you, You would looking nothing like I expected.

Matts lawn care
08-18-2007, 08:41 PM
wow I am impressed if the grass was a bit more green here in MD I would be the owner of a 44" sam. Looks like it mulches wonderfully.

Jameson: How much time does your new 44" save compared to the 36" and how big are your lots thanks.

bigcutup
08-18-2007, 10:18 PM
I just ordered my new Samurai 36. At these prices, who could resist!! Can't wait for it to arrive!!!!

ed2hess
08-18-2007, 11:20 PM
Pretty standard wb fare:

Pic #1: Adjust rear cutting height by loosening nut on both sides of deck. Ours our set at 3". Rarely is the back of the deck changed from 3".

Pic #2: Adjust front of deck by adding/removing spacers on caster forks. Each spacer represents 1/2" increment.

Thanks ......wonder why they didn't go with the crank that Ferris uses on their low priced 36" unit?

jameson
08-18-2007, 11:37 PM
Thanks ......wonder why they didn't go with the crank that Ferris uses on their low priced 36" unit?

I would imagine that Ferris Industries would frown up BOP using their crank. :nono:

Now about this crank mechanism, is it on a fixed deck?

ed2hess
08-19-2007, 12:01 AM
I would imagine that Ferris Industries would frown up BOP using their crank. :nono:

Now about this crank mechanism, is it on a fixed deck?

It is a semi floating deck....somewhat like the Rapid Height adjuster on the Wright units...only it is a crank. The mechanism was used by Troy Bilt 15 years ago....The Ferris is looking to break the same market as Quick I would guess with a low priced unit.....has single hydro, electric start...etc..

Dano50
08-21-2007, 05:44 PM

Thanks for the pic and the endorsement, Jameson! Made my day! :cool2:

dave k
08-21-2007, 07:00 PM
Help me out here, what is the difference from the Quick 44 and other 36" or larger WB's? Why is it better than lets say my Exmark 36? WB, BTW I think their Hydros aren't large enough to pull a operator on a velke.

dave k
08-21-2007, 07:41 PM
I just went on their web site and wish I had known about them BEFORE I spent good money on my 36"Exmark WB with floating deck, anyone want to buy it from me?
It looks like a well built mower, just wish they would make a ZTR< any chance that will happen?

jameson
08-22-2007, 12:59 AM
Thanks for the pic and the endorsement, Jameson! Made my day! :cool2:

Eh, what can I say? I luvs me my FF. :usflag:

It is a semi floating deck....somewhat like the Rapid Height adjuster on the Wright units...only it is a crank. The mechanism was used by Troy Bilt 15 years ago....

I poked around the Ferris website. . . veddy clever crank.

jameson
08-22-2007, 01:13 AM
It looks like a well built mower, just wish they would make a ZTR< any chance that will happen?

No ZTR. . . as of yet.

But first things first mon frère. Mr. GP is gonna hook us up with some dual hydro machines à la ZT2800 tranaxles or some another comparable system.

Right Gary? Right?

PS: The guys are LOVIN' the Q44. But now they're demanding the new Step-Saver. Uh. . . think you could hook me up? :waving:

GPDesign1
08-22-2007, 12:27 PM
No ZTR's (<<<registered trademark of Dixon Industries) for us at the moment. We're having too much fun sitting on the sidelines watching roughly fifty other manufacturers beat each other's brains out... :hammerhead: :dizzy: :hammerhead: :dizzy: :hammerhead:

Maybe when the smoke clears...

Jameson: Step-Savers are on Sale too! :drinkup:

gp

caddman27
08-22-2007, 04:10 PM
How easy is it to change the blades? Does the deck flip up or do you have to lift the whole machine.

jameson
08-23-2007, 02:37 AM
How easy is it to change the blades? Does the deck flip up or do you have to lift the whole machine.

The Q36 is easily tilted back and will remain in a supine position--as pictured--of it's own accord for blade changes or deck scrapings.

The Q44 is similarly tilted back for blade changes et. al., but as it is a stouter machine, it does not posses the Q36's good manners during blade changes and should be chocked via a jack or the old stand-by--a block of wood.

GPDesign1
08-23-2007, 11:35 AM
Although the Quick 36 will lay back and balance on the handlebars for blade and deck maintenance, we DO NOT recommend it. :nono:

Un-supported, the mower could tip forward unexpectedly and boink you on the head. :dizzy: Head boinking is something to avoid.

g

Grits
08-23-2007, 12:19 PM
Although the Quick 36 will lay back and balance on the handlebars for blade and deck maintenance, we DO NOT recommend it. :nono:

Un-supported, the mower could tip forward unexpectedly and boink you on the head. :dizzy: Head boinking is something to avoid.

g

True, BUT, the Quick 36 is so light it probably wouldn't hurt that bad!!!:cool2:

jameson
08-23-2007, 12:33 PM
Although the Quick 36 will lay back and balance on the handlebars for blade and deck maintenance, we DO NOT recommend it.

OK, now that BOP is absolved of any liability. . . . :waving:

True, BUT, the Quick 36 is so light it probably wouldn't hurt that bad!!!:cool2:

When scraping the deck, one hand easily supports the Q36. When changing blades, you can lean into it with a shoulder for support. Easy-peezy.

I imagine one has a better chance of being struck by lightening while changing the blades on the Q36 then getting "boinked" on the head by the machine in the process.

Chocks schmocks. :p

martinfan06
08-23-2007, 12:49 PM
Great post ,great pics very informative thread more more.......:) :)

caddman27
08-23-2007, 01:35 PM
I agree, thanks for the quick responce. Working on spouce approval now. The savings now as opposed to later is helping. lol

Matts lawn care
08-23-2007, 10:51 PM
I just got my bagger and step saver this afternoon! I cant wait to use it. What I do when changing blades on my Q36 is tilt up and set my toolbox on the handle bar for insurance. by the way BOP has the best service period. I ordered my step saver and bagger at 9 at night on Monday and it arrived at my door today at 4. very informative thread I think its because of the pictures. Jmeson can we get a few more action shots of the Quick 44?

BUCKEYE MOWING
08-23-2007, 11:10 PM
I just got my bagger and step saver this afternoon! I cant wait to use it. What I do when changing blades on my Q36 is tilt up and set my toolbox on the handle bar for insurance. by the way BOP has the best service period. I ordered my step saver and bagger at 9 at night on Monday and it arrived at my door today at 4. very informative thread I think its because of the pictures. Jmeson can we get a few more action shots of the Quick 44?

Let us know how you like the new step saver .....and included pics.....The bagger is great...just wait till the leaves pile up and you get to use the bagger and gator blades...makes short work of leaves .

Matts lawn care
08-23-2007, 11:18 PM
Pictures come standard I might even make a short video clip. I am going to build a bin similar to jrco for leaves.

jameson
08-24-2007, 02:50 AM
Jmeson can we get a few more action shots of the Quick 44?

Just for you Mr. Matts. . .

jameson
08-24-2007, 02:52 AM

Matts lawn care
08-24-2007, 07:54 AM
:clapping: Thank you sir.

martinfan06
08-24-2007, 08:07 AM
Well I must say FANTASTIC properties you and your guys do great work.

Dano50
08-24-2007, 12:06 PM
That is beautiful! Impressive work and nice account.

Matts lawn care
08-24-2007, 06:43 PM
OK the first 1 is with the mulch plate. The rest is bagging, everything with my new step-saver.

Matts lawn care
08-24-2007, 06:48 PM
----------------------More!----------------------

Captain Pooby
08-24-2007, 10:51 PM
How do you raise the deck?

BUCKEYE MOWING
08-24-2007, 10:59 PM

I wish the could figure out a cure for front end blow out while mulching ....but that 44 is leaving a sweet cut on that account.

BUCKEYE MOWING
08-24-2007, 11:00 PM
OK the first 1 is with the mulch plate. The rest is bagging, everything with my new step-saver.

Nice pics ..So I take it you like the new step saver ?

Matts lawn care
08-24-2007, 11:04 PM
Use the front spacers on the front casters (1/2" increments) and loosen a bolt on each side towards the rear that is circled.

Captain Pooby
08-24-2007, 11:37 PM
Dee dee dee, I should have read the BoP website first. Seems easy.

I'm impressed with the value of the quick. Does anyone in Texas own one? I'd like to perhaps see one in person. I've only used Toros my entire landscaping career so far.

caddman27
08-24-2007, 11:43 PM
Couldnt resist any longer, ordered my 44 today. If anyone in Middle GA wants to see it just let me know. After alot of debating and reading my first commercial mower will be the Quick 44.

grassgirl4
08-25-2007, 02:33 AM
caddman, you won't regret it!! I can't say enough good about mine...

Captain Pooby, I believe 'advanced irrigation' in texas was selling one...do a search. Although with the sale BOP has going on right now, I would just buy a brand-spanking new one!! :walking:

Matts lawn care
08-25-2007, 10:29 AM
Nice pics ..So I take it you like the new step saver ?

Yes I like the step saver. It saves mt time and time is $$$. It took a little getting used to. The first few pictured was on my lawn when I was trying it out. One thing I found when I was driving around my neighborhood is that in the up position it becomes a little back heavy going around turns lol so if you get it tie it down if you have to make any turns lol.

BUCKEYE MOWING
08-26-2007, 12:22 PM
Yes I like the step saver. It saves mt time and time is $$$. It took a little getting used to. The first few pictured was on my lawn when I was trying it out. One thing I found when I was driving around my neighborhood is that in the up position it becomes a little back heavy going around turns lol so if you get it tie it down if you have to make any turns lol.

Can you tell a diffrence in speed between walking behind it and using the step saver ??

Matts lawn care
08-26-2007, 02:37 PM
Can you tell a diffrence in speed between walking behind it and using the step saver ??

yes mowing my lawn about 3/4 acre before it took me around 1 hour with no trimming or blowing now I am sown to around 45 min and have the same amount of energy as when I started. One flaw i see with the bagger is my super-duty shoots the exhaust right at the handle of the bagger. any more questions?

jameson
08-26-2007, 05:25 PM
thing I found when I was driving around my neighborhood is that in the up position it becomes a little back heavy going around turns lol so if you get it tie it down if you have to make any turns lol.

Mr. Matts -

Could you please elaborate on this. I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

BUCKEYE MOWING
08-26-2007, 05:50 PM
yes mowing my lawn about 3/4 acre before it took me around 1 hour with no trimming or blowing now I am sown to around 45 min and have the same amount of energy as when I started. One flaw i see with the bagger is my super-duty shoots the exhaust right at the handle of the bagger. any more questions?

Matt , I want to know if the mower moves the same speed with you walking or with the step saver on ??

Matts lawn care
08-26-2007, 06:08 PM
Mr. Matts -

Could you please elaborate on this. I'm not sure I understand what you mean.

I figured there was no need to tie down because I was just moving to my next lawn about 1500 ft. away. I took a turn at about 10-15 mph and the mower tipped back and then slammed back down because of the weight of the step-saver in the up position. Do you get it now? (The mower was parked like it is in my sig.)

Matts lawn care
08-26-2007, 06:11 PM
Matt , I want to know if the mower moves the same speed with you walking or with the step saver on ??

Yes same speed, the 16hp brigs is a workhorse. Now that I am riding I have to adjust the wires to full speed.

BUCKEYE MOWING
08-26-2007, 06:20 PM
Yes same speed, the 16hp brigs is a workhorse. Now that I am riding I have to adjust the wires to full speed.

Thanks Matt ! It's one of those small details that will drive you nuts till you get it worked out just right.

Stillwater
08-27-2007, 12:53 AM
looks like it cuts nice But the wheels on my little red wagon would make better antiscalp wheels than what they put on that mower.

Captain Pooby
08-27-2007, 02:40 AM
Are the briggs engines in these good?

I am allergic to B&S engines.

thebeans
08-27-2007, 11:06 AM
looks like it cuts nice But the wheels on my little red wagon would make better antiscalp wheels than what they put on that mower.

Ha Ha Ha!!! It doesn't weigh half a ton so it doesn't need huge a$$ anti-scalp wheels!!

Matts lawn care
08-27-2007, 06:09 PM
Are the briggs engines in these good?

I am allergic to B&S engines.

Yes there pretty good from what I can tell. The B$S ELS (extended life series) is just 1 step down from the vanguard. If you are doubtful just get the sam.

Fadedsun
08-30-2007, 01:04 AM
Better Outdoors-

Any designs in the works for a floating deck 36/44?

GPDesign1
08-31-2007, 10:02 AM
fadedsun;

Not saying we'll never do one, but it's our opinion that the benefits of a floating deck don't really become worth the cost until one gets into the 48"+ deck sizes. Smaller decks are pretty easy to adjust (height of cut) and unless one is cutting on really rough terrain, the floating aspect doesn't provide much real benefit.

Fixed decks make for a much stronger and simpler overall mower design.

Floating decks have more joints, linkages, etc., to wear, rattle, get out of adjustment and generally fall apart and create problems. They're also more expensive to build and for you to purchase.

To us, it's a classic cost/benefit analysis. If you guys believe differently, we'd enjoy hearing your thoughts.

Happy Labor Day Weekend Lawnsite! :drinkup:

gp

PlatinumLandCon
08-31-2007, 03:56 PM
Gary, have you thought of offering a flexible rubber discharge chute guard? I've seen it offered by TORO and like the idea. A rigid guard gets in the way but customers get concerned if it isn't on.

willretire@40
08-31-2007, 08:09 PM
The only complaint that I have for the quick 36 is the pistol grips. But I still love the machine considering that I have 3 of them.

WJW Lawn
08-31-2007, 08:15 PM
Took possession of a Q44 earlier this week and we've been cuttin' up a storm with her. I think BOP has yet another winner on their hands.

Hey!! That grass is green in the 1st page pic!! Whats up with that?? I haven't seen green grass since May!! The 44 looks PHAT!

GPDesign1
09-02-2007, 09:18 AM
Hey!! That grass is green in the 1st page pic!! Whats up with that?? I haven't seen green grass since May!! The 44 looks PHAT!

WJW; You're a younger guy so you may not remember...

Grass turns Green as a result of water falling in little drops from the sky (honest, it happens or so I've heard). My memory is kinda hazey at this point, but it seems like back in the day they called this phenomenon, RAIN. :rolleyes:

Actually, it's the tears of flying Leprechaun's and is a very rare event...

gp

Envy Lawn Service
09-03-2007, 02:05 AM
WJW; You're a younger guy so you may not remember...

Grass turns Green as a result of water falling in little drops from the sky (honest, it happens or so I've heard). My memory is kinda hazey at this point, but it seems like back in the day they called this phenomenon, RAIN. :rolleyes:

Actually, it's the tears of flying Leprechaun's and is a very rare event...

gp

Oh yeah...... RAIN....... that's what they called that....

I was outside the other day, and stuff started falling on me, and I thought for sure a large flock of birds had flew over and took a S#!% on me. I wanted to look up to see this large flock of birds, but didn't for fear of taking a shot in the eye (yeah I know I should wear eye protection). In the end though, I was satisfied to count my blessings that they had not just feasted on a patch of those purple polk berries. That can leave a mighty nasty stain.

But anyways... now that you mention it, it might not have been a flock of birds at all. It's possible it could have been a little of that RAIN stuff you speak of. It seems like I remember seeing such a phenomenon before.... but it's been so long. Is that RAIN stuff a clear liquid-like stuff that falls out of the sky in random patterns and is wet when it hits you?

Cletus swears it was probably bird pee instead of poop. But I told him I didn't think birds came with the plumbing and hardware to make pee-pee. But he can't be told no different. That figures though, seeing as how he was once beaten by a chicken in a game of tic-tac-toe.

He just keeps sitting here staring at the sky for a chance to prove me wrong.

http://www.linkmesh.com/imagenes/temas/simpsons/cletus.jpg