PDA

View Full Version : What a view!!

minimax
08-18-2007, 12:50 AM
Here is where I was working today on a high buff brush cutting and clearing job.I'm a 130 feet off the water :dizzy: here's some pics

minimax

Scag48
08-18-2007, 04:18 AM
Working for the state, eh? I waved at you Thursday morning as you drove by Elger Bay at about 8, don't know if you saw me.

We were at Thunder Ridge yesterday on a job that was a little interesting. Took the skid over a pretty nasty bank to spread some mulch/compost. Almost had to change out a pair of pants, top end coming off the road was real steep.

RockSet N' Grade
08-18-2007, 10:18 AM
MiniMax.......most awesome. I'd post pictures of where we work, but all you would see in mini-vans filled with kids and their mom looking back at them while she text messages someone driving 80 mph down the freeway or side streets.....

Tigerotor77W
08-18-2007, 12:17 PM
Oh! oh! San Juan Islands! That's still my favorite weekend that I did while in Seattle this summer... which island are you on?

And scag/Kaiser, it's too bad we didn't meet up -- I'm back in IL. :(

Scag48
08-18-2007, 04:17 PM
I agree Tiger, would have been nice to meet up. I've been going 7 days a week since I got out of school, I haven't really had time to do much of anything other than work.

Hey Rockset, what's wrong with soccer moms? Some of them are usually attractive!

Gravel Rat
08-18-2007, 06:33 PM
I guess anybody right on the West Coast near the water takes the view for granted. Myself I don't even notice the view anymore I guess I would if I moved away.

People say to me what a beautiful view I say what view I don't notice the shock on their face :laugh:

minimax
08-19-2007, 01:54 AM
Scag, I'm not working for the state, just doing a "view" clearing so they can lay out the house site, I was on my way they on thursday I did see you but it was to late to wave when I did see you. I'm on camano island.

minimax

Scag48
08-19-2007, 02:31 AM
Scag, I'm not working for the state, just doing a "view" clearing so they can lay out the house site, I was on my way they on thursday I did see you but it was to late to wave when I did see you. I'm on camano island.

minimax

That site looks just like the State park with the fence and everything, that's what I was thinkin.

Camano hill and all this paving is driving me nuts! Took me almost an hour to get across the island the other day, ridiculous. We're wrapping up the TR Camano job, everything is just about finished there so we're moving around quite a bit. I was on 3 different sites this week and all the road work eats up a lot of time.

coopers
08-20-2007, 04:42 AM
I was on 3 different sites this week and all the road work eats up a lot of time.

Road work? There's no such thing in this state! :hammerhead:

Blake
WA

Scag48
08-20-2007, 01:51 PM
There is on Camano Island. There are 2 different paving crews on the island and a 4 mile road widening job that is one of the main arterial roads to most of the island. It sucks, takes too long to get across the island.

Tigerotor77W
08-20-2007, 11:54 PM
And the 19-day road project that's shutting down a couple of lanes around downtown Seattle... oh boy... I'm glad I got out of that area before it started!

Scag48
08-21-2007, 01:28 AM
You should see Everett at about 9 PM during the week, what a mess. They'll close all but one lane, what hassle. This has been going on for quite some time, I either go through Everett before 8:30 or after midnight, any other time you end up sitting in traffic for at least 45 minutes.

Tigerotor77W
08-21-2007, 03:55 AM
Yeah... you know, the best driving I did around Seattle was going to Mt. Rainier at 3 in the morning -- each time I went (I did that three times), it was the most relaxing drive I'd ever done.

I miss Mt. Rainier soooo much.

(sorry to hijack this thread... :/)

Scag48
08-21-2007, 05:26 AM
Yeah... you know, the best driving I did around Seattle was going to Mt. Rainier at 3 in the morning -- each time I went (I did that three times), it was the most relaxing drive I'd ever done.

I miss Mt. Rainier soooo much.

(sorry to hijack this thread... :/)

I'm planning to climb Rainier in about a year's time. I trained earlier this year to do it this summer, but ran out of time. Next year a buddy of mine and I are gonna do it. My dad did it in '83, says he could probably handle it again, but we won't push him, he's getting old. :laugh:

Tigerotor77W
08-21-2007, 10:34 AM
Oooh fun! I went up to Camp Muir one weekend; it was a lot of fun. Don't get me started about Rainier... I'll just leave it at I went there seven times in the last month I was in Seattle -- that's twice a week (not both days of the weekend, either; we're talking a weekday and a weekend!) on some weeks...

But man! Let me know if you climb it. If I go back to Washington, I'll do it, but for now, I'll stick to summiting Illinois by driving around flatly in any direction and knowing I'm still on the summit. Or the valley. I prefer the summit.