PDA

View Full Version : Operator Presence JD265

baddarryl
08-17-2007, 11:56 PM
Hi....can anyone tell me where the operator presence switches are on this thing? It is a 1991 265 with 17Kaw. The only one I have found is under the seat. There are one or 2 more associated with the brake pedal and or Pto switch. My mower dies unless I press the brake pedal in whether PTO is engaged or not. When released it dies. Need to jump to test switch, but cant find it. Thanks.

fixer67
08-18-2007, 12:07 AM
That is the seat switch giving you problems. IT does not see you on the seat so it will only let the engine run in PARK. Test the seat switch. Now not sure about your machine but on some machine you can just unplug the switch and on some you have to jump it out. Now on some machine the plug it "bobby trapped". When you unplug the switch there is a hidden contact the shorts out the plug and locks out the system. Now if the switch is OK then you could still have seat switch problems because some machine have a relay hooked to the switch and the relay could be bad even if the switch is good. I can tell you this much, I feel sure it is in the seat set up some where. Getting wiring diagrams for JDs is not easy. You need to find a dealer that will email you one. I work on JDs from time to time and I wished I had a source for wiring diagrams for them. Hope I was of some help. Good luck

baddarryl
08-18-2007, 12:09 AM
Thanks, the seat switch has been jumped for quite sometime. With no changes to that, this started up. Help any?

fixer67
08-18-2007, 12:39 AM
Thanks, the seat switch has been jumped for quite sometime. With no changes to that, this started up. Help any?

Trace the wires from the seat switch to see if there is a relay somewhere. You may be about to go to https://jdparts.deere.com and find something. If want I will look. Give me the numbers off the white tag on the back of the machine.