PDA

View Full Version : Which is Quicker?

BigLag
08-18-2007, 11:13 AM
I know it kinda depends on the yard and size, but overall...what do you guys think? If you had two guys working, is it quicker for 2 mowers going then 2 trimmers..or one mower and one trimmer at the same time? I have a 52 turf tiger and a 42 fastrak...just picked up an account about 5 acres with a ton of trees.

lawnspecialties
08-18-2007, 01:45 PM
If the entire account can be done with the 52", then run one guy on the mower and the other trimming. When the trimming is done, then have him run the Fastrak.

The key is to have them complete their tasks at the same time, however they do it.

WhitakerServices
08-18-2007, 04:52 PM
I run 2 mowers (2 man crew) with the smaller mower finishing before the larger (36,48) then the edging, then both men trimming and both men blowing. Theoretically if the larger mower can run the whole yard then the mowing will be more efficient, but I find (especially in this heat) that it is best to share all the tasks with my assistant equally. it seems to cut down on fatigue. If you burn out your low man with trimming all day he will lay out and you will have to run solo on your worst possible day. This way I think my help doesn't feel abused while I am riding all day.

David Gretzmier
08-19-2007, 12:19 AM
It seems to work better to have one guy on trimming, one guy on mowing with the 52, and when the trimmings done let the trimmer guy join mowing with the other mower and you blow together at the end.

BigLag
08-19-2007, 09:45 PM
it is about 2 hours worth of trimming for one man...maybe let the first guy do it for an hour then switch up....thanks for the input guys...i've just never had an account near this size, so just trying to be the most efficient.

naturescape
08-20-2007, 10:15 AM
I often see 2 or more mowing, then trimming, then blowing. What a waste of time! One should mow while the other does the rest. If you are starting two of everything, that is just time lost.