PDA

View Full Version : Chevy to the rescue

South Florida Lawns
08-18-2007, 12:27 PM
This is becoming a second job for me with the $100 Bronco. Here the starter went bad at Lowe's parking lot so we had to jump it. Still haven't put the new one in it which the truck came with a spare.

Supper Grassy
08-18-2007, 12:38 PM
hows the bronco working?

grandview (2006)
08-18-2007, 12:44 PM
To bad that Chevy will never make to that age!:laugh:

LindblomRJ
08-18-2007, 04:32 PM

I was thinking the same thing.

TXNSLighting
08-18-2007, 10:12 PM
still a hundred bucks for the bronco!!! id give that any day!! and its still running!! If i could find that kinda deal i would jump all over it!!! gotta love those broncos!

South Florida Lawns
08-19-2007, 02:22 PM
its only 29 years old, that ain't old at all for a truck.

Kid With A Mower
08-19-2007, 07:43 PM

Yeah, modern vehicles aren't made like they used to be. But ford is :weightlifter: anyway. :laugh:

deere615
08-19-2007, 07:50 PM
That chevy will out live the bronco. I was at the local fair last nite and you should have seen them duramaxs doing full pulls!:weightlifter:

02DURAMAX
08-20-2007, 01:30 AM
It had to be FERD.

stuffdeer
08-20-2007, 12:40 PM
That chevy will out live the bronco. I was at the local fair last nite and you should have seen them duramaxs doing full pulls!:weightlifter:

Lol....I laugh at your comment. My chevy is a POS.

02DURAMAX
08-20-2007, 12:42 PM
Lol....I laugh at your comment. My chevy is a POS.

yea now look at what you have!!!!:laugh: I Laugh at yours too.......get a real full size pick-up and then say something....DURAMAX

stuffdeer
08-20-2007, 05:50 PM
yea now look at what you have!!!!:laugh: I Laugh at yours too.......get a real full size pick-up and then say something....DURAMAX

When I get a new Full sized pickup, I'll buy the right kind and not make a mistake.

FORD

TXNSLighting
08-20-2007, 05:54 PM
ha! these are great. you got it right stuffdear!

deere615
08-20-2007, 09:55 PM

:weightlifter: :weightlifter: :weightlifter: :weightlifter: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

02DURAMAX
08-20-2007, 11:10 PM
When I get a new Full sized pickup, I'll buy the right kind and not make a mistake.

FORD

I dont mind what you buy.....it's your own powerjoke problems....just get a real full size truck!!!!:hammerhead:

stuffdeer
08-20-2007, 11:12 PM
I dont mind what you buy.....it's your own powerjoke problems....just get a real full size truck!!!!:hammerhead:

I'm not buying a diesel...

I dont want a diesel. Diesel is more expensive then regula gas here. And diesel is like 5 to 6k more when you buy a truck. Not worth it in the long run when I'll want a new truck in what, 4 or 5 years.

02DURAMAX
08-20-2007, 11:14 PM
ha! these are great. you got it right stuffdear!

Ok so you had a FERD and now you have a Cummins and now you want a FERD again??.......:confused: :dizzy:

South Florida Lawns
08-20-2007, 11:29 PM
I hear the Dmax had problems with injectors and EGR valve faileures along with a bunch of other stuff. I don't think I have ever heard of any problems cummings engins have other than the old ones after the 12v being too loud. haha if thats even a problem.

ProStreetCamaro
08-21-2007, 09:45 AM

FORD

Biggest mistake you will ever make. I have been there and done that. We have had 6 ford trucks over the last 15 years and every single one of them has been a royal POS. Our current expedition has all kinds of problems. My uncles 2 year old diesel F-250 FX-4 has been a nightmare for him. Brake problems, injector problems, electrical problems.

ProStreetCamaro
08-21-2007, 09:50 AM
I'm not buying a diesel...

I dont want a diesel. Diesel is more expensive then regula gas here. And diesel is like 5 to 6k more when you buy a truck. Not worth it in the long run when I'll want a new truck in what, 4 or 5 years.

OMG then you certainly do NOT want a ford! The 5.4 and 4.6 and V10 are wayyyyyyyy under powered!!!!! The V10 will eat you alive in gas. Our expedition has the 5.4, towing package and 3.73 gears and with my car trailer and my car behind it, it is all it can do to make it up hills. The 6.0 in the chevy trucks is a BEAST and will jerk anything around you can throw at it. This is not speculation this is FACT. I have owned them all and will never own another fix or repair daily EVER!

This is our truck. 1998 K2500 with 5.7, 4.10 gears, meyer plow etc etc. It has been worked hard its whole life and now has 145K on it.

1 alternator
1 fuel pump
1 water pump
1 radiator

Thats all its ever had done to it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/prostreetcamaro/f7d08300.jpg

02DURAMAX
08-21-2007, 10:56 AM
I hear the Dmax had problems with injectors and EGR valve faileures along with a bunch of other stuff. I don't think I have ever heard of any problems cummings engins have other than the old ones after the 12v being too loud. haha if thats even a problem.

The LB7(First Gen) was the one that had that problem...But the LB7 has a 200,000 mile injector Warranty...:cool2:

02DURAMAX
08-21-2007, 10:58 AM
OMG then you certainly do NOT want a ford! The 5.4 and 4.6 and V10 are wayyyyyyyy under powered!!!!! The V10 will eat you alive in gas. Our expedition has the 5.4, towing package and 3.73 gears and with my car trailer and my car behind it, it is all it can do to make it up hills. The 6.0 in the chevy trucks is a BEAST and will jerk anything around you can throw at it. This is not speculation this is FACT. I have owned them all and will never own another fix or repair daily EVER!

This is our truck. 1998 K2500 with 5.7, 4.10 gears, meyer plow etc etc. It has been worked hard its whole life and now has 145K on it.

1 alternator
1 fuel pump
1 water pump
1 radiator

And their you go stuffdeer!:hammerhead:

02DURAMAX
08-21-2007, 11:01 AM

Also Cummins is a very good Engine... I know that and would not mind a cummins, But the problem with dodge is their Automatic transmissions....They SUCK!!!!...other thatn that i like dodge:rolleyes:

MuleCutter
08-21-2007, 09:03 PM
Also Cummins is a very good Engine... I know that and would not mind a cummins, But the problem with dodge is their Automatic transmissions....They SUCK!!!!...other thatn that i like dodge:rolleyes:

never owned a dodge and never really liked a dodge but i think i'll have to flip a coin between the DMAX and Cummins when i stop using my personal truck for work and buy a truck JUST for work. i've always been a chevy/GM man but im strongly considering a dodge just cuz of the cummins. of course i did see a chevy avalanche on YouTube that someone put a cummins in.... that gives me an idea :laugh:

02DURAMAX
08-22-2007, 12:07 AM
never owned a dodge and never really liked a dodge but i think i'll have to flip a coin between the DMAX and Cummins when i stop using my personal truck for work and buy a truck JUST for work. i've always been a chevy/GM man but im strongly considering a dodge just cuz of the cummins. of course i did see a chevy avalanche on YouTube that someone put a cummins in.... that gives me an idea :laugh:

I know that the Auto Trans SUCKS!!!.....But if you dont mind a stick go with the Cummins.....If not DURAMAX is the way to go!!!:weightlifter:

South Florida Lawns
08-22-2007, 12:42 AM
real trucks don't have autos, in them anyways. Although more and more semi's are coming equipped with them these days.

LawnTamer
08-22-2007, 12:43 AM
I like the Duramax and the Cummins, but only the Duramax gets coupled with a beefy Allison tranny.

Hey stuff, I liked Ford too, till I bought a Chevy. Had two Ford trucks, one actually went to 220,000 miles, but I had replaced just about everything except the motor. My first Chevy was a bare bones 2500, with an 8' bed and a 5.7 ltr. great motor, I still have the truck, it's a '92 with over 150,000 work miles.
My new truck is the 2500HD with the 6.0 ltr. Oh baby! that is a sweet motor! Quiet, powerful, and fuel efficient for a big truck. Last week we took the 18' travel trailer out, made a pretty long trip with lots of climbing and had the AC cranked the whole time... still got 10mpg.

squirtgun
08-22-2007, 12:47 AM
its only 29 years old, that ain't old at all for a truck.

Put the new starter in and stop mud bogging it and I'll give you $300 for the Bronco.

cooltype
08-22-2007, 06:37 PM
argue some more about ford vs. chevy thats a redneck ass conversation.

i guess thats why people say things like "their you go stuffdeer" instead of "there you go stuffdeer"
:drinkup:

02DURAMAX
08-22-2007, 07:19 PM
argue some more about ford vs. chevy thats a redneck ass conversation.

i guess thats why people say things like "their you go stuffdeer" instead of "there you go stuffdeer"
:drinkup:

Thanks English Teacher!!!:hammerhead:

02DURAMAX
08-22-2007, 07:23 PM
real trucks don't have autos, in them anyways. Although more and more semi's are coming equipped with them these days.

Yea, But the Duramax has less HP and Torque with the ZF-6 Speed.

scag36
08-22-2007, 08:59 PM
i dont care what any of u guys say chevy is the bottom line and thats the end of convo i have a 1985 chevy scottsdale wit a 350 in it 262,580 miles on it nd it is still runnin perfect....i also have a 2001 chevy silverado 2500hd 6.0L vtech and i agree what a motor and lets not get into duramx and powershit.... ford has to put a 7.2L or wtvr it is to try to keep the competion of the 6.6L duramax so lets no argue any further....

stuffdeer
08-23-2007, 12:21 AM
Biggest mistake you will ever make. I have been there and done that. We have had 6 ford trucks over the last 15 years and every single one of them has been a royal POS. Our current expedition has all kinds of problems. My uncles 2 year old diesel F-250 FX-4 has been a nightmare for him. Brake problems, injector problems, electrical problems.

Then explain this. Please.

My dad has an 01 f-150 with the 7700 package. Well, needless to say, it has 150,000 miles on the 5.4 with NO problems at all.

I have an 00 S-10 with 48,896 miles and have put over 2,000 into it in the las year.

The kid down the street has an 02 Chevy 2500, with around 60,000 miles and dumped over 5,000 into it this year in NEW parts..

1 alternator
1 fuel pump
1 water pump
1 radiator

That truck is ugly. I'll stick with older ford styling any day.

To each their own.

And their you go stuffdeer!:hammerhead:

I will never buy a Chevy period. I am tired of this one. Stuff is going wrong when it shouldn't.
All my dad has ever owned is fords

1979 F-150
1982 F-150
1987 F-150
1992 Ranger
1994 F-150
2001 F-150

NONE have had a single problem. I don't mind not being the fastest truck on the road...I buy a truck to work, and not to win races. IF I want to go fast, I'll buy a mustang.

Thanks!

mjohn
08-23-2007, 03:14 PM
my fathers fire co's rescue (FORD f-550 diesel) has had turbo problems and slugs the hills

Jarred's Lawn Care
08-23-2007, 09:34 PM
it dosen't matter which brand of truck you drive just make sure its American made:usflag:

mike lane lawn care
08-23-2007, 11:53 PM
Then explain this. Please.

My dad has an 01 f-150 with the 7700 package. Well, needless to say, it has 150,000 miles on the 5.4 with NO problems at all.

I have an 00 S-10 with 48,896 miles and have put over 2,000 into it in the las year.

The kid down the street has an 02 Chevy 2500, with around 60,000 miles and dumped over 5,000 into it this year in NEW parts..

That truck is ugly. I'll stick with older ford styling any day.

To each their own.

I will never buy a Chevy period. I am tired of this one. Stuff is going wrong when it shouldn't.
All my dad has ever owned is fords

1979 F-150
1982 F-150
1987 F-150
1992 Ranger
1994 F-150
2001 F-150

NONE have had a single problem. I don't mind not being the fastest truck on the road...I buy a truck to work, and not to win races. IF I want to go fast, I'll buy a mustang.

Thanks!

have you stopped to think that you are using a 2.2l I-4 truck, that was never intended to do anything work related? it's a new age el camino. you are waaaay over working that little thing. i personaly haven't had a single problem that wasn't caused directly by me on my 99 GMC 1500, and i beat the crap out of it, and it still goes and goes.

stuffdeer
08-24-2007, 12:22 AM
have you stopped to think that you are using a 2.2l I-4 truck, that was never intended to do anything work related? it's a new age el camino. you are waaaay over working that little thing. i personaly haven't had a single problem that wasn't caused directly by me on my 99 GMC 1500, and i beat the crap out of it, and it still goes and goes.

Okay.

How come the alternator went out at 45,000 miles. Nothing other then STOCK lighting and Electrical on that truck. When my A/c works, its cold. My parking brake is screwed up. Both handles to recline seats have broke.

Now none of that is work related, and should have failed with less then 50,000 miles on the truck.

Now on the other hand. My dad's F-150 has had NOTHING fail at 150,000 miles....

02DURAMAX
08-24-2007, 12:45 AM
Okay.

How come the alternator went out at 45,000 miles. Nothing other then STOCK lighting and Electrical on that truck. When my A/c works, its cold. My parking brake is screwed up. Both handles to recline seats have broke.

Now none of that is work related, and should have failed with less then 50,000 miles on the truck.

Now on the other hand. My dad's F-150 has had NOTHING fail at 150,000 miles....

So your crying about a f***ing handle to the recline seats:dizzy: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:....thats all very minor things that your crying about.. :laugh: :laugh: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead::laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

stuffdeer
08-24-2007, 12:50 AM
So your crying about a f***ing handle to the recline seats:dizzy: :hammerhead: :hammerhead:....thats all very minor things that your crying about.. :laugh: :laugh: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead::laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

If it was a ford, I wouldnt have to be crying about it.

All I'm saying is I dont want to buy another Chevy. I will either buy Dodge or Ford. No need to go ape shitaki on me.

02DURAMAX
08-24-2007, 12:54 AM

All I'm saying is I dont want to buy another Chevy. I will either buy Dodge or Ford. No need to go ape shitaki on me.

:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :dizzy: :dizzy: :laugh:

KS_Grasscutter
08-24-2007, 12:57 AM

Dude, just because your S10 is a piece of **** doesn't mean you have to badmouth all of the rest of the Chevy trucks out there. I have had more troubles with my 02 Ranger then I have with my 84 C20. Of course I have had the Ranger a little longer (like 6 mos). It is going in the shop next Wednsday to get the 4x4 control module fixed.

And for the record, the sead adjuster handles broke on my Ranger too.

stuffdeer
08-24-2007, 12:57 AM
:hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :hammerhead: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :dizzy: :dizzy: :laugh:

Speechless? Whats wrong?

02DURAMAX
08-24-2007, 01:20 AM
Speechless? Whats wrong?

No its just not worth talking to people that cry about seat handles and what not...

ooh and when a light bulb blows out don't cry about that and say that its chevys falt....just so you know....that happens with all bulbs..

stuffdeer
08-24-2007, 08:19 AM
No its just not worth talking to people that cry about seat handles and what not...

ooh and when a light bulb blows out don't cry about that and say that its chevys falt....just so you know....that happens with all bulbs..

Nah, I know lightbulbs go. I've fixed the tailights like 4 times.

But anyways. I guess for what I've put this little truck through, its not bad.

The only way I'd buy a chevy though is if I got an Amazing deal. When buying new, I can get full employee pricing on Dodge, and Ford, but no one can hook me up with Chevy, thats the main reason I dont considor it.

But in all reality, the local dealer has a 1500 Crew with the 4x4 Z60 package, and that is a DANG sharp truck.

Does anyone know about the diesel going into the Chevy 1500 in 09?

South Florida Lawns
08-25-2007, 10:21 PM
Put the new starter in and stop mud bogging it and I'll give you $300 for the Bronco.

Never gonna stop bogging this thing. Its going on 40's next week ground hawgs to be exact.

Willofalltrades
08-27-2007, 11:44 AM
Does anyone know about the diesel going into the Chevy 1500 in 09?

Go to a stor and look at FOURWHEELER mag. It has info about it... its going into the H2 first.

Next: Every manufacturer has success stories and lemons. They all have some sort of major problem that caused grief... How well the company responds to these problems shows who the better company is. I like how GM stepped up their injector warranty on the LB-7? (I don't know duramax... Im a powerstroke fan) that shows me that they care. Ford put extensive testing into the new 6.4L... shows me they care... get what I'm sayin?

South Florida Lawns
08-28-2007, 01:08 AM
damn my thread wasn't supposed to turn into this brand wars. Personally every truck brand sucks they are all crap and break down, thats why I'm gonna just walk from now on!

Petr51488
08-29-2007, 12:26 AM

For once i'm going to have to agree with him. You're using a truck for tough work. Ofcourse you're gonna have problems.