PDA

View Full Version : 1 Stick, 2 Rocks: Think I need something else.

Uranus
08-18-2007, 03:23 PM
Found a basketball sized nest of white faced hornets at one of my mowing accounts. They asked If I was able to remove it for them. SURE!! I've always been the one to whack a bees nest with a stick if dared to. Yesterday as I was leaving the property I pulled a Curt Shilling and tossed a strike right into the middle of the nest with a rock to open it up some so when I go monday I will be able to get some spray into it. I planned on spraying it in the early morning while it is still cool out and then try to smash it up some after the swarm calms down. Spray the rest of the nest and finish it off if need be on friday when I mow again.

I was wondering if anyone had a good spray that they recommend for the white faced hornets? I've tried several different manufactures in the past while trimming bushes and found that the Spectricide Pro at "The Depot" will drop yellow jackets and hornets right out of the air.

In case your wondering what I'm dealing with.
http://www.muenster.org/hornissenschutz/baldfaced/baldfaced.htm

grandview (2006)
08-18-2007, 03:26 PM
Be a man. Just light it on fire with a cigarette lighter, that will show those bees who's the boss! :weightlifter:

Uranus
08-18-2007, 03:29 PM
Be a man. Just light it on fire with a cigarette lighter, that will show those bees who's the boss! :weightlifter:

I've seen a guy do that once. He put down the string trimmer, went to the trailer and got the 2 cycle gas can, tossed fuel on a hemlock and "WHOOSH".

grandview (2006)
08-18-2007, 03:35 PM
I hope he had a bee removal insurance policy when he did that. Do you know what he charges?:dizzy: