PDA

View Full Version : Need Help On How To Sell My Business!!

grassguy01
08-18-2007, 04:02 PM
Hellow everyone...I am wanting to sell my landscaping and snow removal business. I am pretty good on figuring my equipment price, but when it comes to selling my accounts I am not sure what to do. Should I take a % of the total income from all accounts. For example if income is 100 do I sell the accounts for 25, 50 or what?? Never had experience in this part of the industry and need some good advice.
Thank you.

David Gretzmier
08-19-2007, 01:29 AM
This will be the hardest thing you have ever done in your life. the equipment ,trucks and stuff are easy, but the "business" is tough. talk to a business broker and he'll charge you , but he'll get you a ballpark for what it is worth. getting what it is worth is unfortunately a matter of finding someone who is willing to pay for a business, and it is a small list of folks.

I have sold two lawn care companies in my time, and I got less than I ever thought possible for them. I basically gave them the keys to a cash producing machine, and all they had to do was work. The funny thing is, most folks who buy a business don't want to work.

I know I sound negative, but that is my experience talking. I hope yours sells for alot and it goes smooth. talk to a professional in your area, they will know what to do.

GreenN'Clean
08-19-2007, 09:48 AM
Speak to your accountant they should be able to help you

rodfather
08-19-2007, 02:17 PM
Enlist the help from an A & D firm...go with enough company info and they can tell ya within an hour.