PDA

View Full Version : Robotic lawnmowers!!

SKAPES
08-18-2007, 05:28 PM
Yes, robotic lawnmowers. I seen one out today. They don't do the job. Maybe next year.:laughing:

David Gretzmier
08-19-2007, 12:59 AM
I've seen some prototypes of an 18 horse honda robot mower that impressed the heck out of me. They will be reality someday. drop off 2 or three in a neighborhood, weedeat and blow behind them, take robots to different lawns, repeat.

jeffex
08-19-2007, 08:46 AM
EXACTLY!! I want to drop off one out back and one in front while I edge and trim. I fugure one trip around the edges with a walkbehind and let these things fill in the middle. They will probably only work well on flat areas but their productivity will increase my profit margin for a non-labor cost. They [IMO} will NOT replace us lawn guys ,they will improve our bottom line.

SKAPES
08-19-2007, 10:08 PM
I dont think these mowers go very fast.

mudwisr2
08-19-2007, 11:59 PM
I saw one a couple of weeks ago at a customer's neighbor's house. It was about the size of a small push mower without the handle and was electric. It was very slow but it actually leaves the yard looking pretty good. I doubt it would do well at all if the grass got very high. The older man that owned it just came along and weedeated where the mower didnt get. Pretty cool to see.

CrimsonLCS
08-20-2007, 01:27 AM
lol not good for us.. the home owners will end up buying these.. rember we offer a service that they dont have to worry about doing anymore and when they can just buy these we are screwed..

IndustrialGreen
08-20-2007, 04:38 AM
lol not good for us.. the home owners will end up buying these.. rember we offer a service that they dont have to worry about doing anymore and when they can just buy these we are screwed..

Until it mows the cat.

swingset
08-20-2007, 05:27 AM
Don't knock them, they're just replacing the mexicans that are doin the work Americans won't do for the Americans who don't have time to do it because they're doing the jobs the Mexicans and robots haven't taken yet.

;)

jeffex
08-20-2007, 06:57 AM
for us it will be the gas powered gps guided versions that will replace employees and keep us in business when the mexicans finally are sent home. ingenuity and invention will not replace our service. A few high tech types will use them to cut their own lawns . if anything changes it may be that we lease them to the homeowner and troubleshoot and maintain them for our customers. We'll still get paid for a service . it just might morph iinto something different. IMO many people hate trimming and edging the most . Until the robots do the complete job we will still be needed. come on robotic mowers. I can just imagine a large contract where the crack down on illegal immigrant labor leaves a void for landscape services. I can show up with several robotic mowers and a lazer with a trimmer and get the job done myself.

Eric D
08-20-2007, 07:30 AM
Robotic lawn mowers! Come-on guys thatís low tech. Iím looking for the genetic bio engineered grass that grows to the proper high and stops. Never needs to be trimmed or cut. Oh, did I mention that it only needs to be watered once a year and you can get it in 40 to 50 shades of green, your pick. The best part is Iíll be the only one who can supply it because Iíll have the patient. Well, if Iím going to dream Iím going to dream big!

Happy Dreams!

Eric D:laugh: