PDA

View Full Version : Scag 29hp Dfi

asjgabries
08-18-2007, 10:41 PM
Any one have a scag with a 29hp DFI? Do you like the engine? What is the fuel consumption like? Is it good on hills? Power?

Eric D
08-19-2007, 12:58 AM
I went to their website but I don't see a 29hp listed. Who makes the engine? Gas or diesel?

Eric D

twj721
08-19-2007, 01:38 AM
less than a gal per hr

Texas Mower Parts
08-19-2007, 08:33 AM
Kawasaki...Gas

asjgabries
08-19-2007, 09:06 AM
twj721 do you have one and it uses less than a gallon an hour?
I am thinking about buying one and I just wanted to get an oinion from someon who has one about the fuel consumption.

twj721
08-19-2007, 10:04 AM
twj721 do you have one and it uses less than a gallon an hour?
I am thinking about buying one and I just wanted to get an oinion from someon who has one about the fuel consumption.

had a 2005 and just sold it last month and loved the gas consumption and power it was to me very easy on gas and loved the starting no choke lever just wait till the check engine light went out and crank it up . I think that you would be hard pressed to find anything else that will give you the power, and service and fuel consumpation that you will find in the KAW 29dfi .Good luck Tony

Eric D
08-19-2007, 11:49 AM
Are you guys really talking about DFI (direct fuel injection) or PFI (port fuel injection)? It surprises me if they had DFI back in 2005. I would love to learn more about this if anyone could point me to a source, or at least the engine model number.

Thanks,

Eric D

LB1234
08-19-2007, 12:05 PM
We have either an 05 or 0 I can't remember. Its a scag w/61" advantage deck w/ 29EFI & LC. We absolutely love it. I haven't done a fuel consumption in awhile but it is right around gal/hr. It really depends on what you are using with it. If we have are standard cutting blades its a little less. However, we also have a set of super high lifts (90 degree edges) that we throw on along with the rear soft bagger.

Have to admit, with this combo going up a hill the machine really slows down...but the cut/bagging is still very good. Plenty of power in this machine. If you have an specifics just PM me.

twj721
08-19-2007, 12:32 PM
Are you guys really talking about DFI (direct fuel injection) or PFI (port fuel injection)? It surprises me if they had DFI back in 2005. I would love to learn more about this if anyone could point me to a source, or at least the engine model number.

Thanks,

Eric D

I purchased mine in May 2005 then engine model number was FD791D-DFI only problem I had was the voltage regulator went out this year about a month before I sold it . other than that it was great

Eric D
08-19-2007, 12:54 PM
I purchased mine in May 2005 then engine model number was FD791D-DFI only problem I had was the voltage regulator went out this year about a month before I sold it . other than that it was great
Twj,

I hate when the manufacturers use abbreviations. Using the engine model you supplied I was able to find that Kawasaki uses DFI to describe Multi-port digital fuel injection. Not the same as direct fuel injection. Maybe some day they will have direct fuel injection. There is a lot to be gained in having it. Better emissions, fuel consumption and power, more cost though.

Thanks again,

Eric D

lawnMaster5000
08-19-2007, 02:59 PM
kawasaki uses DFI to mean Digital Fuel Injection.

Not Direct.

DFI caught my attention too.