PDA

View Full Version : Exmark Metro 26

ExcaliburLawnCare
08-19-2007, 12:53 AM
Has anyone had the opportunity to use the Metro 26. I have been thinking about getting one as I have taken on quite a few jobs with only a 30" gate for backyard access. I am using a Honda currently and I love the cut of the double blade. I would also like to eliminate a few rows from these back yards to save even an extra 5 minutes. If anyone has used them please opine about them. Thank you.

Mowingman
08-19-2007, 09:57 AM
Do a search here on the Metro 26. It is probably one of the worst designed mowers ever turned out by a major mower manufacturer. Exmark has been trying to fix all the problems, but by most reports, they have not got it right, yet. Do a search and read all about it.

gavinslawncare
08-19-2007, 11:40 AM
I have two of them and my guys love them no problems at all there well worth the money

desert rose gardening
08-20-2007, 10:28 AM
I use mine all the time, they are a good time saver, I save at least a hour every day with mine. Yes they had problems when they first came out two years ago, that was two years ago.

mowingtowing
08-20-2007, 09:25 PM
I hear that they are really heavy. Id like to try one one day.

tallimeca
08-21-2007, 09:22 AM
some guys on hear that bought them early on and had problems are basing their opinons off their expereince. Exmark has long fixed these machines and have been problem free for almost 2 years now.

I have posted numberous times. They had MANY updates to these and it got to the point that even the dealers were confused. They took back dealer inventory and fixed them at the factory and redistributed them.

Anything out in the field was to be updated by dealers.

The last kit they came out with was a new bbc cable, new height adjust kit, new transmission and belt kit, and new handle.

Not all the machines needed all these components but some did. They problems were addressed on the assembly line for 06.

DCE
08-21-2007, 10:06 AM
I hear that they are really heavy. Id like to try one one day.

Yes, they are a bit on the heavy side at 150lbs. Better hope the drive system doesn't conk out on you, or else it'll be a ***** to push back to the trailer :) I demo'd one a couple weeks back. I didn't think it cut all that well as a 21 does in the rough areas, but on smooth, relatively flat land it did a great job. It's not as nimble handling as a 21 but for the extra 5" of cutting width, you have to give up something.

koolguyedgar
08-21-2007, 03:14 PM
They look preety interesting to me. Anyone know how much one of the cost? I've been serching everywhere for a price. I just saw a post that said it was around $1350. Seems like a good deal if its true.

DCE
08-21-2007, 04:24 PM
They look preety interesting to me. Anyone know how much one of the cost? I've been serching everywhere for a price. I just saw a post that said it was around $1350. Seems like a good deal if its true.

$1499.00 is what I've seen them going for down this way.