PDA

View Full Version : price fo drain

wellbuilt
08-19-2007, 01:44 AM
Hi guys could you help me with a price on 80' of 12" plastic drain pipe and two concrete culverts one on each side of the property that i could plant grass over and access thru the top for cleaning there is standing water in the yard and i would like to have the pipe in before we dig the footers. My costumer was doing that part of the job but now asked me to do it. Off i go to the rental yard again for a min EX . I could make the culverts out of concreet form and pour them my self , stacked block or regular 8" block with a slab on top I can buy seep pit with custom pipe holes 250 gal but i cant get the truck in to place them. what do you think .I have three guys looking at the job but i have a bad feeling i will have to do it my self. John WBH

Scag48
08-19-2007, 04:07 AM
What you're talking about is a catch basin, not a culvert. I guess you could pour them yourself, a lot of work goes into that though. I would buy catch basins, have them delievered, then get an excavator big enough to place them. It may cost a little more, but it may be a small amount by the time you try to pour a catch basin in a hole. Even if you tried to pour the basins yourself outside the hole you'd have to have a machine big enough to place them once they're done, I'm assuming that if you pour them yourself you'd dig the hole and build the forms in the hole. PITA if you ask me, but whatever works.

RockSet N' Grade
08-19-2007, 09:06 AM
WellBuilt.........we just did a little gig like that and it came out great. We used ADS corrigated pipe and built two boxes and poured them by hand. Each box we built took a day to build with two guys, poured both boxes in another day, and layed the pipe and backfilled in another day. There is the time element, now just make some phone calls and figure your materials, then add $1,500 because you probably forgot something or something doesn't go just quite right.......and there you have it. Our project was 500 plus feet of 18" ADS pipe, 4 water boxes formed/poured by hand,15 head gates, some custom metal fabricating to attach to existing, and design the whole thing so it worked........which it does. It was great fun overall. One thing to remember if you are installing pipe, make sure you use pipe-lube when you fit your pipe so the rubber gaskets don't turn and leak.......

wellbuilt
08-19-2007, 12:59 PM
Last night I could not think of the word catch basin !I was thinking of makeing the catch basin my self because there are 6 or 7 ratty looking pipes that have to dump in to the basin that are existing. and i dont want to mess with them to much.I was thinking $700 for pipe 400 for concrete 300 for form wood nails 6x6 wire 550 for EX to dig 600 for labor x 30% 765=3265 I dont want anty one to pass out when i give them the price.I dont even want the job but Im stuck with it , its part of a hole house build I guess im the man.I am new in this market and i dont have much experience working (on the cheep) there are guys running around working for 20 bucks an hour .I can out class them easily our work is good and Im very professinal and our work is run on a schedule most of the time . alot of people just dont have the money. what do you think ? you guy are great thanks for the replies in advance John WBH

gammon landscaping
08-19-2007, 11:04 PM
why not just grade a sweel where you are going to put the pipe so that the water will drain naturally and save on all the materials, just make where you can still drive across it

wellbuilt
08-20-2007, 01:14 AM
The past builders built small houses every where around the naberhood and there was no plan for water .Every body built up there land and put pipes in under ground. Now we have pipes in the ground all around the old house down about three feet and there is not enough pitch to bring them up for a swell it need to be piped . I was at the site in a good rain and the 12" pipe is runing more then half full . John